Looking for info to compare AAC apps? Check out these five feature matching resources:
• Basic Feature Chart for Affordable and Free AAC apps & AAC-Related Apps (iOS, Android Google Play, Amazon Fire, Windows + a few Web-Based options): https://bit.ly/BasicAffordableAACchart. More info: https://bit.ly/BasicAffordableAACblogpost
TPT Preview Videos & Reviews:
Thanks SO much to Lauren S. Enders for this shout out for my AAC Feature Matching Chart in her presentation on 6/24/21 at AAC in the Cloud! See the whole presentation and get her handouts for “Personalizing AAC – A Deep Dive into Vocabulary Customization”: https://presenters.aacconference.com/videos/UVRRd1FUSXg=?. Be sure to also check out her Waklet with links to resources: https://wke.lt/w/s/7ldtJE.
Thanks Vicki Clarke / Dynamic Therapy Associates Inc (aacchicks)! The shoutout for the AAC feature matching chart in your IG Stories on 7/20/21 made my day 🥰
See the awesome reviews for it on TPT. Thanks to everyone who has written a review and helped spread the word about this resource 😊
iOS Visual Scenes & Video Visual Scenes:
Each chart includes info about features that are being explored as potentially being helpful for Gestalt Language Processors. The easiest way to find that info is to open each PDF in the free Xodo PDF reader and enter “gestalt” into the Search. See this blog post for more info about Xodo: https://bit.ly/XodoApp.
The symbol-based feature matching resource includes a supplemental handout “Unique Features in Symbol-Based AAC Apps to Support Gestalt Language Processors”. That handout includes info related to all 12 apps + additional info about features in 8 free and affordable symbol-based AAC apps (mainly iOS, some Android and a couple of Window) priced $2.99 or less. This supplemental handout is exclusive content that is only available as part of this resource.
See a preview of the new supplemental handout: Unique Features in Symbol-Based AAC Apps to Support Gestalt Language Processors
Want more info about Gestalt Language Processing & AAC? See this FREE handout: https://bit.ly/GLPandAAC
Looking for resources to compare features in a wide variety of AAC apps? I added a bundle on TPT includes all three of my iOS AAC feature matching resources at a discounted price compared to purchasing them individually (saves about 10%). If you are looking to purchase resources for several staff / team members, take a look at the Multiple Licenses discount (saves 20%): https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/AAC-Feature-Matching-Resource-Bundle-7849416
Please read the full description, the reviews and watch the TPT preview on each individual resource prior to purchasing the bundle
I’ve also set the Multiple Licenses discount on the individual resources to 20% off since I’ve been receiving some inquiries about discounts for bulk purchasing.
Affordable and Free AAC apps & AAC-Related Apps (iOS, Android Google Play, Amazon Fire, Windows + a few Web-Based options) – all priced $9.99 or less:
A series of three videos comparing AAC options across four platforms: Apple iOS, Android Google Play, Amazon Fire & Windows:
* Comparison of voice loudness and quality for AAC: iPad, Samsung Android, Amazon Fire & Windows (4:20):
* Considerations for AAC on Different Platforms: iPad, Android, Amazon Fire & Windows (6:17):
* A look at AAC options across platforms: Windows, Amazon Fire, Android Google Play, Apple (12:55):
* And a sound comparison for the Samsung tablet vs Samsung phone:
Affordable AAC: Amazon Fire vs. Android vs. iPad: https://bit.ly/AffordableAAC-AmazonFire-Android-iPad (the blog post includes all of the details about how I came up with the costs & other considerations)
How to Install the Google Play Store on an Amazon Fire Tablet: https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/ (I like that he keeps that post updated. Pay close attention to the instructions for your exact model of tablet & follow the precise instructions)
Tips: If you are using an Android tablet & an Amazon Fire Tablet with the Google Play App Store side loaded, be sure to toggle on Family Sharing before making app purchases & make the purchases from the Google Play App Store on your Amazon Fire Tablet. Those have been recognized by Google Play on my Android tablet. The reverse was hit and miss (likely due to the side loading).
Have questions? The best way to reach me with any questions is via messaging on the OMazing Kids Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC, OMazing Kids AAC Consulting
- Teachers Pay Teachers Store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Omazing-Kids-Aac-Consulting
- YouTube: https://youtube.com/user/amoorad1
- Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/omazingkidsaac
- OMazing Kids AAC Consulting Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/
- AppPeeps Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OMazingKidsAppPeeps/
- GoTalk Now AAC & GoVisual Visual Scene Apps – Ideas and Sharing Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/GoTalkNowAACappGroup
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/omazingkidsaac
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/amoorad
- Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/OMazingKids/
- Linktree: https://linktr.ee/amoorad1
- Blog: https://omazingkidsllc.com