Something powerful is happening right now and you are invited to participate!
The national community of children’s, teens and school yoga teachers are joining forces in a Community Action project to support our colleague, Leah Kalish, founder of Move with Me.
To help inspire you to vote and mobilize your friends to vote, we are collectively offering over 85 prizes including books, DVD’s, yoga card decks, trainings, manuals, curricula, CD’s and more (see full list below).
All you have to do is vote and you qualify for entry into this great giveaway!
It will only take a few seconds to …
1. Click on link:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Partnership-for-a-Healthier-America/284607191574193?sk=app_286423371468352 (note: the Facebook voting link is only accessible from a computer. Reportedly also works on the iPad and may work on similar tablet devices but will not work on phones).
2. Select “Move with Me”
Or go directly to their submission at: https://www.urgentblue.org/facebook/pha-innovation-challenge/video/details/submission-for-2012-11-15-152740
3. Select: VOTE. Voting then qualifies you to enter the Mega-Giveaway of 65+ Kids Yoga Items
To Enter the giveaway: click and scroll to bottom of the page
Shanti Generation is overseeing the coordinated giveaway and will be selecting the winners via Rafflecoppter on January 31, 2013. They will then forward each winner’s info to the company sponsoring that prize for them to mail the prizes directly to the winners.
And now for the prizes!
- 10 Move with Me DVD’s
- 2 three month gold memberships to Kids Yoga Academy
- 1 Yoga 4 Classrooms Card Deck
- 3 I Grow With Yoga: Yoga Songs for Children CDs from Childlight Yoga
- 4 Whale Yoga DVD’s from Next Generation Yoga
- 5 Hip-HopYoga tees from Mindful Practices
- 1 The Story of Ganesha with companion book from Yoginos: Yoga for Youth
- 1 I Am OHMazing® music CD with bilingual coloring book from Yoginos: Yoga for Youth
- 2 Yoga Skills for Youth Peacemakers DVDs from Shanti Generation
- 2 Partner Yoga for Teens DVD’s from Shanti Generation
- 3 My First Yoga books
- 1 Yoga Cutter from Yummi Yoga
- 2 Yawning Yoga books from Laurie Jordan
- 4 Imaginations books from Carolyn Clarke
- 1 Dance for the Sun: Yoga Songs for Kids from Kira Wiley
- 1 Kings & Queens of the Forest: Yoga Songs for Kids, Vol. 2. from Kira Wiley
- 2 Yoga 4 Teens DVD from Christy Brock
- 1 January’s Child: A Birthday Month Book by Andrea Alban Gosline from OMazing Kids, LLC
- 1 Agate: What Good Is a Moose? by Joy Mogan Dey from OMazing Kids, LLC
- 2 Grounded Superheroes: An Elevated Yoga Curriculum for Kids and Teens from Grounded
- 1 Sophia’s Jungle Adventure from Kids Yoga Stories
- 1 Anna and her Rainbow-Colored Yoga Mats from Kids Yoga Stories
- 1 Luke’s A to Z of Australian Animals: an Alphabet Coloring Book from Kids Yoga Stories
- 1 Calm & Connected: Yoga Based Tools for Self-Regulation from S.M.Art Kids Adaptive Yoga
- 1 The Dragonfly’s Adventure and Ocean Surf-ari – (S.M.Art Stories™ – photo-illustrated adaptive Yoga curriculum books)
- 4 ABsolute Beginner Yoga DVDs from Joanne Spence
- 1 Still Quiet Place: Mindfulness for Young Children CD’s from Amy Saltzman
- 1 Still Quiet Place: Mindfulness for Teens CDs from Amy Saltzman
- 1 YogaBuddies Bedtime Stories DVD
- 1 Good Morning, Good Night CD set from YogaBuddies
- 5 copies of Every Kids Yoga Manual and DVD
- 1 The Whole Brain Child by Dan Siegel from Little Flower Yoga
- 1 Building Inner Resilience by Linda Lantieri from Little Flower Yoga
- 1 LOTUS mat from The Little Yoga Mat
- 1 Storyland Yoga DVD
- 1 Frog Yoga Alphabet Teacher Training Double Pack – e-book from Young Yoga Masters
- 1 Yoga Man vs. The Stressor – Yoga for Boys Teacher Training – e-book from Young Yoga Masters
- 2 OM Schooled book from Sarah Herrington
- 1 What I See, I Can Be: A Guided Yoga for Children Book and CD from Janet Williams
- 1 Yoga Match: A Memory and Movement Card Game from Janet Williams
- 1 Coaching Session with Leah Kalish: In-person or Skype
- 5 Come Play Yoga! CD from Karma Kids Yoga
- Calm Kids: Help Children Relax with Mindful Activities book by Lorraine E Murray
- Calm Kids Level 1 Online Course by Lorraine E Murray
Voting in the Partnership for a Healthier America’s “End Childhood Obesity Innovation Challenge” will close at noon (EST) on February 1, 2013. The three submissions with the highest number of votes will be attending the Building a Healthier Future Summit in Washington, DC on March 6-8, 2013 to present their idea to Michelle Obama & a panel of judges.
Thank you for your support of Move with Me in their quest to bring a fun combination of stories, yoga, creative movement, Brain Gym®, relaxation, visualization and self-regulation techniques to kids in schools in an effort to reduce childhood obesity!
Please spread the word by posting, sharing, pinning, tweeting & blogging ♥ Please consider sending a personal invitation to vote to folks you know who care about the future & well-being of kids. ♥ I’m excited about the number of votes we can generate through the collective reach of all of working together!
Legal Notice: “PHA is not associated with any Move With Me raffle or giveaway program that is intended to drive votes for the Challenge.”
Want more details about what Move with Me wants to do to help reduce childhood obesity? See their video entry when you vote and also see it at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcKVW3FgEtw.
Details about the two books I am donating to the mega-giveaway. Since I don’t have any products or services to raffle off, I decided to donate two of my favorite books to use in kids yoga classes. I have hundreds of kids pictures books but the decision was easy. I chose these two books because they beautifully weave affirmations into the story.
- Agate: What Good Is a Moose? by Joy Mogan Dey – https://omazingkidsllc.com/2012/09/12/moosely-marvelous-omazing-kids-lesson-plan-printables-music-more/
- January’s Child: A Birthday Month Book by Andrea Alban Gosline – https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.479427502108260.128788.174264525957894&type=3
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the gingerbread men divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.