Looking for fun games to use in your kids yoga classes, therapy sessions or on family game night? Then check out the Yoga-Yingo games……. yoga+bingo = Yoga-Yingo!
Yoga-Yingo games are a fun way to introduce yoga poses and “play” yoga with the children in your life. Designed for play at home, children’s yoga classes, schools, daycares, and therapy sessions. They’re played like bingo except everyone’s “a winner” at the same time!
Game Contents: 12 game cards, 8 pose cards, 120 colored square markers, game instructions and a yoga pose instruction sheet. Games are packaged in Ziploc plastic bags.
How to Play: All players start by covering the center square “Breathe” with a colored square marker. Breathe in Mountain Pose to start the game. The pose cards can either be shuffled and done in a random sequence or arranged in a specific sequence (ex: easier to harder, a yoga flow of poses, etc…). All players do the poses together at their own pace and ability level. The game ends when all the poses have been completed & covered by markers on the game board. End the game by coming back to the center square and breathing in Child Pose.
There are three different Yoga-Yingo game sets available:
- Classic Set: Consists of traditional yoga poses: bridge, cat-cow, cobra, downward facing dog, forward fold, tree, spinal twist & warrior II. Has the “breathe” – mountain/child poses in the center. Recommended for ages 4 and up.
- Farm Set: Consists of farm-themed poses: cat-cow, downward facing dog, egg-to-chicken, duck, horse, pig, plow & rabbit. Has the “breathe” – mountain/child poses in the center. Recommended for ages 3 and up.
- Nature Set: Consists of nature-themed poses: butterfly, crooked branch, frog, half moon, rainbow, star, sunflower & tree. Has the “breathe” – mountain/child poses in the center. Recommended for ages 6 and up since some poses are a little more challenging.
Here’s what I love about the Yoga-Yingo games:
- Most children & adults have played “bingo” before so this is a fun way to infuse yoga into an activity they are familiar with.
- Love the cooperative, non-competitive nature of the game.
- Love that the game starts & ends by “centering” in the center of the board with breathing! Mountain pose is a great pose to begin the game and it would be easy to add a “sun stretch & breath” as a warm-up from this position. Child Pose is a wonderful calming pose that almost every child can easily do and is a great way to relax at the end of the game.
- Love the use of real photos of the poses on the game board & pose cards. Photos tend to be more concrete & easier to understand than line drawings or illustrations so this should help younger kids and those with special needs.
- Love that each set includes a sheet with step-by-step simple instructions & modifications for each pose. This makes it user-friendly for families or therapists who may not be familiar with yoga.
- Love the variety of ways these games could be used. These games could easily be used in an individual or group setting. It would be fun to incorporate the Farm Set & Nature Set into larger themed activities by adding music/songs, a book, crafts, etc. It would also be fun to make picture cards of the animals & nature items to use as non-identical matching with the pose cards in therapy sessions. Another idea would be to hide the yoga pose cards and find them in a Yoga-Yingo scavenger hunt…. Doing poses on the go 🙂
Available for purchase on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=yoga-yingo&x=16&y=17
Price (as of the date of this post): $17.99 per set.
Info about the creator of Yoga-Yingo: Jeanette Runnings is a pediatric Occupational Therapist with over 20 years of experience. She has been trained in children’s yoga through Karma Kids Yoga and the Radiant Child yoga programs (2005). She received her 200 hr. Yoga Teacher training at Gilbert Yoga (2011). She is a Certified Laughter Leader through the World Laughter Tour (2012). She created the Yoga-Yingo game series in 2005 to help families learn yoga in a fun way.
Product Swap: Jeanette is interested in doing “product swaps” with other folks who have kids yoga products. If you are interested in doing a “product swap” with Jeanette, you can contact her directly via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to enter the giveaway:
- Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids Yoga FB page (http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsYoga?v=app_197602066931325) & mention how you would be using this game with your child or the children you work with. (comments must be in English; must include full first & last name; 1 entry per Facebook account).
- For one additional entry, leave a comment on this blog post. Must mention how you would be using this game with your child or the children you work with. (comments must be in English; 1 entry per person; must have a valid e-mail address)
- Tips: You increase your odds of winning by entering via both methods. Entering via the “Giveaways” tab will save me the step of having to obtain your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail.
Entry Deadline: Enter by any of the methods listed above by 11:59pm CST on April 2, 2012.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- Only USA & Canada entries are being allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Three (3) winners will be chosen via a random drawing of valid entries on April 3, 2012.
- The winners will each get one (1) Yoga-Yingo game set. Yoga-Yingo will decide which set to send each winner.
- The winners will be notified via e-mail and will be posted on the blog post.
- If a winner only entered via blog post, their mailing address will be obtained via e-mail.
- In the event that a winner does not respond within 24 hours, a new winner will be selected via a random drawing.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the company and they will be mailing the product directly to the winner.
- Prize Value: retail price $17.99.
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a yoga game but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC – inclusive yoga for kids & teens of all abilities in Norman, Oklahoma
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the wavy divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.