. Check out this cool new #KidsYoga book: “Good Night Yoga: A Pose-by-Pose Bedtime Story” by Mariam Gates and Sara Jane Hinder! What I love about this book:
- Short rhyming text in a large easy to read font on each page. Additional smaller text provides kid-friendly instructions for the yoga pose and breathing on each 2-page spread.
- Gorgeous vivid illustrations that are a feast for the eyes. Even the end sheets are illustrated… such a nice touch!
- Well designed book with sturdy binding & luxurious thick paper pages that will stand up well to repeated use.
- The book presents the 11 poses in a nice yoga flow and includes a 2-page spread of the entire yoga flow at the end of the book.
- Includes a “Cloud Journey” guided relaxation visualization at the end of the book.
- Many of the patients that I see a Speech-Language Pathologist have Autism, ADHD, anxiety & other diagnoses that interfere with restful sleep. Good Night Yoga will definitely be added to my list of recommended books for families looking for relaxation materials for their child.
. Product Details: Kids love yoga—and it’s great for them, so much so that the President’s Council has added the practice to the fitness activities in the annual President’s Challenge. For parents and caregivers looking for a fun and effective new routine for bedtime, innovative educator Mariam Gates presents Good Night Yoga, a playful yet wholly practical book for preparing for sleep. This beautifully illustrated, full-color book tells the story of the natural world as it closes down for the night, while teaching children a simple flow of yoga postures inspired by their favorite characters from nature. Moving from “Sun Breath” to “Cloud Gathering” to “Ladybug & Butterfly” and more, readers learn techniques for self soothing, relaxing the body and mind, focusing attention, and other skills that will support restful sleep and improve overall confidence and well-being. This bedtime story is so much more than a story. It’s a practice for kids and parents to end the day in a calming, mindful way. Turn the page and stretch like a tree, settle softly like a ladybug, float like a cloud, and you’ll be dreaming soon.
- Hardcover: 32 pages
- Publisher: Sounds True (April 1, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 162203466X
- ISBN-13: 978-1622034666
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 0.2 x 9.2 inches
. Good Night Yoga, Read by Tami Simon, Founder of Sounds True: . Available for purchase: http://www.amazon.com/Good-Night-Yoga-Pose-Pose/dp/162203466X Links to other purchasing options are on this page on the author’s website: http://kidpoweryoga.com/pages/GNY-book/index.html . Author’s website:
Social Media Sites:
. Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own. Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp. .
This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to the 3 winners: Casey Dutton, Nicolle Harrington & Robyn Scott.
Worldwide entries are allowed for this giveaway.
Easy Entry Form:
Only entries with all required information will be valid. The info comes to me directly via e-mail & is ONLY used for the purposes of selecting winners and distributing prizes.
- Helpful Info & Tips: Folks had requested a simpler entry option. I tried Rafflecopter but most folks did not enter an address so now I’m trying this online contact form instead. I will be hand selecting winners to insure products end up in the hands of folks who will put them to the best use. Briefly tell me how winning this would help you & the kids. I take the time to read each entry so details count. It doesn’t have to be lengthy…. just heart-felt.
- If you experience any problems with the entry form in this blog post, please e-mail me specific details so I can attempt to fix it. E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org . The entry deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of OMazing Kids in the event of prolonged entry problems.
- Each “giveaway” is handled separately on OMazing Kids. So there are no rules prohibiting previous winners from entering this or future giveaways. I really do read every entry in every giveaway carefully to insure that the products end up in the best hands to impact kids lives.
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm CST on May 26, 2015.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- One entry per person.
- Worldwide entries are allowed for this giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via entries may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Only entries with all required information will be valid.
- The winners will be chosen from valid entries on May 27, 2015.
3 winners will each receive one copy of this book.
- The winner will be notified via e-mail, their name will be posted on the blog post & will be posted on the OMazing Kids Facebook page. The company offering the prize may also post the winner’s name on their website, blog, Facebook page and/or other social media sites at their discretion.
- The prize will be mailed to the winner using the address submitted in the entry form. OMazing Kids is not responsible for items lost in the mail or for inaccuracies in the mailing address or phone number. I copy & paste the info directly from what you submit << so PLEASE proof read your entry for accuracy before submitting it…. in the era of iPhone auto correction these errors happen pretty frequently>>
- The winner’s address & phone number will be forwarded to the company and they will be mailing the prizes directly to the winners.
- After I e-mail the winner’s info to the company, it is their responsibility to mail out prizes. Please contact them first if you are concerned about not receiving a prize. If that does not resolve the problem, then feel free to e-mail me and I will glad to assist in whatever way I can.
Prize Value: $17.95
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a kids yoga book but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff… This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties. Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize. Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2 Speech-Language Pathologist Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2 E-Mail: email@example.com Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsYoga AppPeeps Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OMazingKidsAppPeeps/ Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/amoorad YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/amoorad1 Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/OMazingKids/ Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/#omazing-kids-yoga Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/110305433538768736741 Boardmaker Share: http://www.boardmakershare.com/Community/FriendsProfile/10916/Angela-Moorad Blog: http://omazingkidsllc.com . OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings. NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar or any ads or unusual hyperlinks that may appear above. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.