Resource Update: The Feature Matching Chart for the Top 12 iOS Symbol Based AAC Apps & the supplemental handout about unique features for Gestalt Language Processors have both been updated. Those who have previously purchased it on TPT can download the newest version for no additional cost: https://bit.ly/SymbolBasedAACapps. Ko-fi subscribers will be able to access a copy on the pinned resource post: https://ko-fi.com/Post/Links-to-posts-about-most-current-feature-matching-F1F5C9DMD later today.
Did you know that PRC-Saltillo added a new “Open Website” button action? I immediately checked it out as a way to finally be able to open a specific YouTube video in LAMP Words for Life. It works but isn’t ideal. Want to learn a secret hack to remove the extraneous clutter and remove the “Share” icon? I’ve shared all the details in this latest update for the Feature Matching Chart for the Top 12 Robust iOS Symbol-Based AAC Apps: https://bit.ly/SymbolBasedAACapps. I added an exclusive unlisted YouTube video showing how to do this that’s only accessible to those who have this resource. Why this might be helpful? Many Gestalt Language Processors are drawn to particular segments of videos and may replay them over and over. These may be used as communication but it often takes some detective work to figure out the meaning for that individual. These videos may also play a part in self-regulation. Individuals with some speech may recite these lines in a scripted way. Our Gestalt Language Processors who use AAC deserve the opportunity to do this. Adding video clips for gestalts that are uniquely meaningful to that individual may be an instant “spark” for increased interest in using their AAC.
Looking for other in-depth AAC feature matching resources? See this blog post: https://bit.ly/5aacFeatureMatchingResources. That post also includes videos comparing AAC apps on various devices on various platforms.
Looking for more AAC resources? Check out the Resource Links page here on my blog: https://omazingkidsllc.com/omazing-kids-aac-resource-links
Have a question? The best way to reach me is via Facebook messaging over on my OMazing Kids page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC, OMazing Kids AAC Consulting
• Teachers Pay Teachers Store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Omazing-Kids-Aac-Consulting
• YouTube: https://youtube.com/user/amoorad1
• Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/omazingkidsaac
• OMazing Kids AAC Consulting Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/
• AppPeeps Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OMazingKidsAppPeeps/
• GoTalk Now AAC & GoVisual Visual Scene Apps – Ideas and Sharing Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/GoTalkNowAACappGroup
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/omazingkidsaac
• Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/amoorad
• Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/OMazingKids/
• Linktree: https://linktr.ee/amoorad1
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/angelamooradomazingkidsaac
• Blog: https://omazingkidsllc.com / Resource Links page: https://omazingkidsllc.com/omazing-kids-aac-resource-links