Product Description: ”Holiday Yoga: Celebrating History and Holidays throughout the Year” is:
- A downloadable PDF file of sixteen educational and fun lesson plans.
- The PDF contains 86 pages of yoga warm-ups, meditations, stories, discussion ideas, and yoga games.
- Adaptable for ages ages 4-10.
- The activities draw children into a deeper understanding and experience of themselves as “big souls in small bodies”.
- Simple, clear guidelines for teachers and parents, including adaptations and teaching tips.
- Includes detailed references for recommended books, music, and props.
- Based in the Radiant Child Yoga program.
- Each lesson plan includes a take-home coloring page of one of the main poses/exercises or meditations.
- Although some of the holidays are American, the lesson plans could be adapted to other culture’s holidays.
- $49.99 for sixteen lesson plans.
The following are “must have” supplemental materials to use these lesson plans: Fly Like A Butterfly, by Shakta Kaur Khalsa, the Happy CD and Cozy CD, by Shakta Kaur Khalsa & Yoga in Motion DVD, by Shakta Kaur Khalsa. All are available at http://www.childrensyoga.com or http://www.amazon.comT.
Table of Contents:
My thoughts about the lesson plans: They are very well thought out, detailed & creative. After reading through all the lesson plans, I think the one for Groundhog Day is my fave! I love that the lesson plans are well rounded, are deeply rooted in the concept of children being “big souls in small bodies” and include breathing, affirmations & relaxation in addition to the postures/poses. I also love that they include a coloring page for each holiday (see a small sample of the Whistling Groundhog below). Good intro information and great suggestions for props, games, music & books. You really do need to have the supplemental materials. I happen to have them from attending a Radiant Child Yoga (RCY) Level 1 & 2 Teacher Training. The only info I did not have was the Heart Lock from the Level 3 training but enough detail was provided in the PDF along with details I found online that I would feel comfortable doing it. Because of my own personal beliefs, I never do anything related to witches, Harry Potter or Halloween. It will be easy to modify the Valentine’s Day lesson plan to leave out the Wicked Witch and I just won’t use the Halloween plan. Although the price per lesson plan comes out to $3.12, there is not an option to buy individual lesson plans. Considering offering individual lesson plans for purchase would be a great option that would allow kids yoga teachers to buy just the ones that fit their needs. It’s cool though that they offer a free sample of a full lesson plan so you can get a feel for what they are like to make an informed purchasing decision (see link below).
Price at the time of this post: $49.99. Available for purchase on the RCY website at: http://childrensyoga.com/shop/holiday-yoga-celebrating-history-and-holidays-throughout-the-year/.
UPDATE: Be watching soon for Radiant Child Yoga to offer these lesson plans as individual downloads! You can watch their Facebook page & my OMazing Kids page for an announcement when the individual download option is available
Connect with RCY on their social media sites:
Subscribe to the RCY e-newsletter to receive a free lesson plan each month via e-mail: http://childrensyoga.com/training/lesson-plan/
Free sample lesson plan: http://childrensyoga.com/files/2013/12/holidaylessonplan.pdf
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. I am not the author or creator of this product. Opinions expressed are my own. Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp.
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm CST on January 19, 2014.
Easy Entry Form:
International entries allowed for this giveaway.
Only entries with all required information will be valid. The info comes to me directly via e-mail & is ONLY used for the purposes of selecting winners and distributing prizes.
- Helpful Info & Tips: Folks had requested a simpler entry option. I tried Rafflecopter but most folks did not enter an address so now I’m trying this online contact form instead. I will be hand selecting winners to insure products end up in the hands of folks who will put them to the best use. Briefly tell me how winning this would help you & the kids. I take the time to read each entry so details count. It doesn’t have to be lengthy…. just heart-felt.
- If you experience any problems with the entry form in this blog post, please e-mail me specific details so I can attempt to fix it. E-mail to: email@example.com . The entry deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of OMazing Kids in the event of prolonged entry problems.
- Each “giveaway” is handled separately on OMazing Kids. So there are no rules prohibiting previous winners from entering this or future giveaways. I really do read every entry in every giveaway carefully to insure that the products end up in the best hands to impact kids lives.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- One entry per person.
- International entries are allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via entries may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Only entries with all required information will be valid.
- The winner will be chosen from valid entries on January 20, 2014.
1 winner will a copy of the “Holiday Yoga: Celebrating History and Holidays throughout the Year” as a downloadable PDF file (87 pages)
- The winner will be notified via e-mail, will be posted on the blog post & will be posted on the OMazing Kids Facebook page. The company offering the prize may also post the winner’s name on their website, blog, Facebook page and/or other social media sites at their discretion.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the author and she will be mailing the prizes directly to the winners. After I e-mail the winner’s info to the company, it is their responsibility to send out prizes. Please contact them first if you are concerned about not receiving a prize. If that does not resolve the problem, then feel free to e-mail me and I will glad to assist in whatever way I can.
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a set of kids yoga lesson plans but here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar or any ads or unusual hyperlinks that may appear above. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here. I have attempted to remove the CouponDropDown but no luck so far…. DO NOT click on any hyperlinks unless you hover above them first to insure they are valid. Ones I included should appear in blue font.