YoDaGaMo: Activities for Focused and Playful Motion!
This 10 card set of 4×6 cards plus 2 “helpful hint” cards is perfect for the classroom teacher, dance teacher, kids yoga teacher, parent, camp counselor…anyone who spends time with moving children!! These activities are ideal for the 3-10 year old set and can be easily adapted and customized for your group. They even include recommended music. The cards were developed by Alexandra “Zan” Langstaff at the Hullabaloo Danceshop in Vermont.
Pose cards include:
- magic carpet (savasana)
- resting rock (child’s pose)
The front of each card has a colorful illustration & the back contains ideas for yoga (including the Sanskrit name, a rhyme & creative names for the pose), dance (including music suggestions), games (including prop suggestions) & more (ways to connect the poses with each other). There are also “Helpful Hints” cards with additional ideas and tips for yoga, dance & games.
What I LOVE about this card set:
- the 4″ x 6″ size is large enough for kids to see in a group setting
- colorful & fun illustrations
- printed on sturdy cardstock that will hold up well
- organized in alphabetical order on a binder ring makes it easy to find and turn to the card you want. The binder ring can be opened if you want to remove a specific card (this makes it easier to hold up the front of the card towards the kids & then the teacher can see the back of the card)
- full of fun, creative & unique ideas!
I have already used these cards for inspiration to try some new games in the Therapeutic Yoga Group for our inpatients at the JD McCarty Center. Many of the kids we have in that group right now are more difficult to engage and have some challenging behaviors so adding a new splash of “YoDaGaMo” has definitely helped 🙂 The cards have also given me ideas to build upon for class themes for our Inclusive OMazing Kids Yoga Classes.
Price at the time of this post: $16.00
I found out about these fun cards via a post on the Maria’s Movers blog: http://mariasmovers.com/2012/08/06/yodagamo-cards-yoga-dance-games-and-more/
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the wavy divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.