Wow! It’s so fun to see 1000+ folks enjoying & sharing a love of kids yoga and other kid-related and special needs related things on the OMazing Kids Yoga Facebook page.
To celebrate, I have decided to do a giveaway that involves several of my favorite things all rolled into one…..
- a unique kids picture book with amazing illustrations + a message of affirmation + lots of animals with the main character being my “fave” + printables + music = tons of kids fun 🙂
My favorite animal is the Moose….. I literally have hundreds of moose items (plush, books, games, socks, T’s, PJ’s, art, figurines, dishes, quilts, music ….. the list goes on & on). The Moose “high interest/passion” started when I was a kid watching Bullwinkle.
Here’s the “Moosely Marvelous” giveaway to celebrate the 1K milestone:
- Agate: What Good Is A Moose? – book
- Moose Mambo – mp3
- The Happy Moose Jam – mp3
- Land of the Silver Birch – mp3
- Wood Over Water – mp3
To see more about the products:
Agate: What Good Is A Moose? – book:
A great short video from the author & illustrator:
Agate the Moose suffers from low self-esteem, always comparing himself to his sparkling friends, named for birthstones. In the end, they help Agate to see that he, too, is a beautiful gem, a secret jewel. I love, love, LOVE this book! It has wonderful illustrations, descriptive vocabulary, is full of animals that fit with yoga poses/activities, shows the power of kind words & friends, etc…
Here are the opportunities for yoga poses in the book: alligator, elephant, penguin (mountain – then waddle), giraffe, lion, monkey (chest taps), bear (bear crawl, waltzing to 1-2-3 beat, sleeping bear – child’s pose), porcupine (padma/lotus mudra – http://www.yogacheryl.com/images/m_padma_mudra.jpg), hippo (happy baby & rock-n-roll), racoon (gyan mudra at eyes – like the mask on a racoon – http://im.rediff.com/getahead/2009/may/29slide5-yoga.jpg), eagle, and bat (lay on back, legs up and crossed, arms crossed).
I bought the book at: http://www.amazon.com/Agate-Moose-Joy-Morgan-Dey/dp/0942235738/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330195047&sr=8-1
Author’s Websites: http://www.agatethemoose.com/ & http://joymorgandey.com/ – lots of fun free stuff for the book. Buy the poster at: http://www.lakesuperiormagazine.com/cat/agate.html
click on each pic to open coloring page & puzzle PDF’s
Printables I made to use as story props with the book: click each pic to open up that PDF
Larger Animal Story Props:
Agate Whate Good Is A Moose – Large Animal Story Props
mp3’s: Please be mindful of kids individual sensory needs when using music in a group setting (http://omazingkidsyoga.com/music/) 🙂
More free printables to go with this amazing book!
Moose & Birch Leaves Mandala – source: http://www.donteatthepaste.com/2011/09/birch-leaves-mandala.html – I just added the moose clip art border
Moose Tracks Printable – source: Karma Wilson’s author website: http://karmawilson.com/teachers.htm#moose
Cool Moose Tree Pose Coloring Sheet (by Cyn Narcisi – amazing illustrator: http://www.cynnarcisi.com/hire.htm & http://cynnarcisi.blogspot.com/)
How to enter the giveaway:
- Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids Yoga FB page (http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsYoga?v=app_197602066931325) & mention specific ways you would be using this book, music & printables with your child or the children you work with. (comments must be in English; must include full first & last name; 1 entry per Facebook account).
- For one additional entry, leave a comment on this blog post. Must mention specific ways you would be using this book, music & printables with your child or the children you work with. (comments must be in English; 1 entry per person; must have a valid e-mail address)
- Tips: Entering via the “Giveaways” tab will save me the step of having to obtain your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail. You increase your odds of winning by entering via both methods.
Entry Deadline: Enter by any of the methods listed above by 11:59pm CST on February 28, 2012.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- Due to shipping costs, only USA entries are being allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- One (1) winner will be chosen via a drawing of valid entries on February 29, 2012.
- The winner will get one (1) copy of the “Agate: What Good Is A Moose?” book (ordered & shipped to you via Amazon) & the four mp3’s listed above (sent to you via e-mail).
- The winner will be notified via e-mail and will be posted on the blog post.
- If a winner only entered via blog post, their mailing address will be obtained via e-mail.
- In the event that a winner does not respond within 24 hours, a new winner will be selected via a random drawing.
- Prize Value: retail price of book $17.95 + retail price of mp3’s $.99 each = $21.91
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a kids book, mp3’s & printables but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC – inclusive yoga for kids & teens of all abilities in Norman, Oklahoma
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the wavy divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.