I recently bought this Pepkoo case for my new iPad (8th gen) and here’s what I LOVE about it:
* Nice thick foam with a similar “feel” as my GripCase, deep recessed openings and comfortable shape on the back (easy to hold)
* Good quality plastic case edging around the front of the iPad that does NOT have a built in plastic screen protector. If needed, you could add a Zagg (or other high quality) tempered glass screen protector to your iPad before putting it in the case.
* Built-in stand that can rotate 360 degrees so it can accommodate AAC apps in Portrait and Landscape orientation. The stand lays flush when pushed in so the case doesn’t wobble when it’s used flat on the table / desk.
* Comes in four color combos:
– Green Blue (as seen in this video)
– Blue Mint
– Pink Purple
– Gray Black
* Affordable ($19.99 – $20.99 varies based on the color, prices may vary outside the USA and prices tend to vary over time on Amazon)
Update: I just checked again on Amazon and it now shows that this case also fits the iPad 9th gen model
PEPKOO Kids Case for iPad 9th 8th 7th Generation 10.2 inch 2021 2020 2019 – Lightweight Flexible Shockproof, Folding Handle Stand, Full Body Boy Girl Cover for Apple iPad 9th 8th 7th Gen, Green Blue https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08CKCF5FG/ref=cm_sw_r_em_api_glt_i_S8YEV5D6DJ1C2X92RTVZ?psc=1
Here are some additional pictures…
When held in Landscape orientation, the thickest part of the border (plastic + foam) on each side is about 1.25” (closer to 1.5” at the corners)
When held in Landscape orientation, it’s about .5” border (plastic and foam)
The back of the case. The stand lays flush enough that it doesn’t wobble when the case is laid flat on the back on a table or desk.
The stand is easy to pop out and can be rotated 360 degrees. This is in Landscape orientation at one angle
This is also Landscape orientation at a different angle.
The stand can also lay flat and up to be used as a carrying handle.
It is also available for the iPad Mini 5: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M9W4KHR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_7XSQV6G7VT8PMNGPEYCW?psc=1
Shout out to Christine Baudin (one of the admins in the AAC for the SLP Facebook group) for recommending this case 😊.
The only thing missing is a carrying strap but I’ve seen her share a hack about drilling holes in the top edge of thick foam cases to add a strap.
Here’s the link to her YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/user/stineaac1
Updated 7/15/22: If you need a case with a carrying strap see the other case that Pepkoo now offers ⬇️
Update 7/15/22: I just saw a new version of the Pepkoo case that includes a carrying strap: PEPKOO Triple Shockproof Case for iPad 9th/8th/7th Generation 10.2 inch 2021/2020/2019, Air 3rd Generation 10.5 inch, Heavy Duty Cover with Pencil Holder, Handle Kickstand, Shoulder Strap, Navy Blue https://a.co/3ka4bIC (comes in lots of different colors)
Rug-Ed Buddy 10 case
Updated 10/22/22: Looking for a similar style case that can be purchased on a website that accepts Purchase Orders? Rug-Ed offers a Buddy 10 case. I won one in a giveaway and chose the Blue Mint color. It’s a beautiful color combo that those who want a more muted look will appreciate. I have my new iPad 9th gen in this case but it will also fit an iPad 8th gen and iPad 7th gen.
The Buddy 10 case is similar to a Pepkoo case but more muted colors, a little slimmer, has a spot to hold an Apple Pencil and the attached rotating stand doesn’t lay quite as flush as the one on the Pepkoo (so it may wobble a little if laid flat).
Rug-Ed offers 3 different styles of cases with an attached rotating stand:
- https://rug-ed.com/collections/ipad-cases/products/prolock-w-swivelring. They sell a very affordable $5.00 carrying strap that can be attached: https://rug-ed.com/collections/accessories/products/strap
- https://rug-ed.com/collections/ipad-cases/products/buddy-coming-soon-in-november-2021 (this is the one that I have pictured. The color is Blue Mint)
Rug-Ed included 2 Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protectors with this case and offers a way to do bulk purchases: https://rug-ed.com/products/buddy-coming-soon-in-november-2021
Also available on Amazon: Rug-Ed Buddy iPad Case + 2 Tempered Glass Screen Protectors, Foam iPad Case for Kids, 360 Rotating Carrying Handle & Stand, Rugged Drop Protection, for Apple iPad 7th, 8th, 9th Generation, Blue Mint https://a.co/h4tdqKi
Updated 11/21/22: Looking for a protective sleeve that will fit the Pepkoo 10.2” and Rug-ed Buddy 10 cases? I finally found one. See my new blog post for details: https://omazingkidsllc.com/2022/11/21/perfect-tablet-sleeve-to-fit-the-rug-ed-buddy-10-or-pepkoo-10-2-ipad-case-7th-8th-9th-gen/
Amazon Fire HD 8
Update 7/15/22: I bought a Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet during the recent Prime Days Sale and was thrilled to discover that a Pepkoo case was available for it. It doesn’t have the plastic edging around the screen which might make it easier for those needing to attach a keyguard for AAC use. PEPKOO Kids Case for Fire HD 8/HD 8 Plus Tablet, 10th Generation 2020 Release, https://a.co/j8fWelE
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 10.4”
Update 7/19/22: I finally found a good case with a rotating stand for my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 10.4” Android tablet. It’s very similar to the Pepkoo: https://www.ebay.com/itm/374088538546.
Update 8/9/22: Sadly that case is out of stock. I contacted the seller on eBay and they won’t be getting any more. It’s difficult to find cases with this type of rotating stand for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 10.4” Android tablet. I found this one but haven’t seen it in person: https://www.ebay.com/itm/114920453285 & https://www.ebay.com/itm/402978358313
Update 10/21/22: The stand that I ordered appears to be back in stock on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/374088538546
Samsung Galaxy A03s phone
Update 9/21/22: Here is the case that I purchased for my Android Samsung Galaxy A03s phone. I like the small rotating ring stand and sliding cover to protect the camera lenses: https://a.co/d/aWUB0F7
Note: It’s important to consider what features are needed in a case based on that individual’s needs. I am not making recommendations for individual patients and am not liable for purchasing decisions. Just sharing info that may be helpful as you are looking for cases.
The best way to reach me with any questions is via messaging on the OMazing Kids Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/. That way AAC related messages don’t get lost among the spam in my e-mail
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC, OMazing Kids AAC Consulting
• Teachers Pay Teachers Store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Omazing-Kids-Aac-Consulting
• YouTube: https://youtube.com/user/amoorad1
• Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/omazingkidsaac
• OMazing Kids AAC Consulting Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/
• AppPeeps Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OMazingKidsAppPeeps/
• GoTalk Now AAC & GoVisual Visual Scene Apps – Ideas and Sharing Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/GoTalkNowAACappGroup
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/omazingkidsaac
• Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/amoorad
• Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/OMazingKids/
• Linktree: https://linktr.ee/amoorad1
• Blog: https://omazingkidsllc.com