I recently bought this Pepkoo case for my new iPad (8th gen) and here’s what I LOVE about it:
* Nice thick foam with a similar “feel” as my GripCase, deep recessed openings and comfortable shape on the back (easy to hold)
* Good quality plastic case edging around the front of the iPad that does NOT have a built in plastic screen protector. If needed, you could add a Zagg (or other high quality) tempered glass screen protector to your iPad before putting it in the case.
* Built-in stand that can rotate 360 degrees so it can accommodate AAC apps in Portrait and Landscape orientation. The stand lays flush when pushed in so the case doesn’t wobble when it’s used flat on the table / desk.
* Comes in four color combos:
– Green Blue (as seen in this video)
– Blue Mint
– Pink Purple
– Gray Black
* Affordable ($19.99 – $20.99 varies based on the color, prices may vary outside the USA and prices tend to vary over time on Amazon)
Update: I just checked again on Amazon and it now shows that this case also fits the iPad 9th gen model
PEPKOO Kids Case for iPad 9th 8th 7th Generation 10.2 inch 2021 2020 2019 – Lightweight Flexible Shockproof, Folding Handle Stand, Full Body Boy Girl Cover for Apple iPad 9th 8th 7th Gen, Green Blue https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08CKCF5FG/ref=cm_sw_r_em_api_glt_i_S8YEV5D6DJ1C2X92RTVZ?psc=1
Here are some additional pictures…
When held in Landscape orientation, the thickest part of the border (plastic + foam) on each side is about 1.25” (closer to 1.5” at the corners)
When held in Landscape orientation, it’s about .5” border (plastic and foam)
The back of the case. The stand lays flush enough that it doesn’t wobble when the case is laid flat on the back on a table or desk.
The stand is easy to pop out and can be rotated 360 degrees. This is in Landscape orientation at one angle
This is also Landscape orientation at a different angle.
The stand can also lay flat and up to be used as a carrying handle.
It is also available for the iPad Mini 5: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M9W4KHR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_7XSQV6G7VT8PMNGPEYCW?psc=1
Shout out to Christine Baudin (one of the admins in the AAC for the SLP Facebook group) for recommending this case 😊.
The only thing missing is a carrying strap but I’ve seen her share a hack about drilling holes in the top edge of thick foam cases to add a strap. Here’s the link to her YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/user/stineaac1
Note: It’s important to consider what features are needed in a case based on that individual’s needs. I am not making recommendations for individual patients and am not liable for purchasing decisions. Just sharing info that may be helpful as you are looking for cases.
The best way to reach me with any questions is via messaging on the OMazing Kids Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/. That way AAC related messages don’t get lost among the spam in my e-mail
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC OMazing Kids AAC Consulting
Personal Professional Facebook Page (linked to OMazing Kids): https://www.facebook.com/angela.moorad (adding“friends” who have a direct role in AAC or Assistive Technology – AAC / AT app or product developers, AAC / AT consultants, SLPs who specialize in AAC, other professionals who specialize in AAC or AT, etc.)
OMazing Kids AAC Consulting Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/
AppPeeps Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OMazingKidsAppPeeps/