Zoo animal, jungle animals, farm animals, and pets! We love singing about animals, the sounds they make, and the things they can (and can’t) do. The Super Simple Songs – Animals DVD features 12 animal songs, including YouTube favorites, “Hickory, Dickory…Crash!” “Walking In The Jungle,” and “The Animals On The Farm.” Perfect for watching at home, in the classroom, or on the go. Along the way, kids will learn about other topics such as counting, parts of the body, basic time telling, animal sounds, and action verbs. It’s animals, made super fun and super simple! Recommended for children ages 3 and up.
- Format: NTSC
- Label: Super Simple Learning
- Run Time: 31 minutes
- Language: English
Here’s what I love about the DVD:
- nice slow pace (the only exception is when the Animals on the Farm song gets faster & faster at the end).
- repetitive & predictable lines in the songs.
- nice heavy beat.
- most encourage movement.
- pleasant vocals & melodies (parents, teachers & therapists will appreciate tunes that won’t drive you crazy to hear again & again).
- high quality graphics.
- has the potential to be incorporated in so many different ways! Parents, early childhood educators, special educators, ELL teachers, speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, kids yoga teachers, PE teachers & more could all find ways to incorporate this DVD.
- Here are a few ideas I have from the perspective of aSLP & kids yoga teacher:
- Good Morning Mr. Rooster could be used to start the child’s day or start a class or therapy session. Many of the patients I see thrive on having routines and respond well to songs to help with transitions.
- Let’s Go to the Zoo, Walking in the Jungle, Yes I Can! & Wag Your Tail all depict specific movements. Some even have a split screen with an animal on one side and the character on the other both doing the same movement. This could easily be incorporated into goals for gross motor imitation.
- Hickory Dickory – Crash! has 6 animals starting with a tiny mouse. Each animal is bigger than the next. Love the stretched out ending to allow kids time to predict what might happen.
- My Teddy Bear incorporates counting & body parts. I love how the video zooms in on each body part.
- I have a Pet would be fun to incorporate into goals for imitation of animal sounds & vocabulary.
- Yes, I Can! would be fun to target answering yes/no questions either verbally or via AAC.
- Mary Had a Kangaroo would be fun to target adjectives.
- The Animals on the Farm would be another one to target animal sounds. This song does speed up so the last portion may not be appropriate for kids who are easily over stimulated.
- What Do You Hear? would be a fun way to target listening & talking about “I hear a ______” via PECS, AAC or verbally.
- Wag Your Tail would be fun to target “fast / slow”.
- After A While Crocodile is a nice soothing song that would work well to end a class or therapy session. Again using a song to ease that transition.
|01. Good Morning, Mr. Rooster
||07. Yes, I Can!
|02. Let’s Go To The Zoo
||08. Mary Had A Kangaroo
|03. Walking In The Jungle
||09. The Animals On The Farm
|04. Hickory Dickory…Crash!
||10. What Do You Hear?
|05. My Teddy Bear
||11. Wag Your Tail
|06. I Have A Pet
||12. After A While, Crocodile
One of my favorite things about Super Simple Songs is their website full of amazing FREE printables:
Wouldn’t this be too fun? Make these headbands & then wear them as the kids move along to the songs: http://supersimplelearning.com/resource-center/walking-in-the-jungle-headbands/
They even have a free lyrics poster for each song: http://supersimplelearning.com/resource-center/browse/product/super-simple-songs-animals/#lyrics
Super Simple Songs’ social media sites:
Buy it on Amazon.com (price at the time of this post $12.99): http://www.amazon.com/Super-Simple-Songs-Animals-DVD/dp/B00TQ16K58
They also have the songs available on a CD and on iTunes. I’ve had it for several years and it is one of my faves in OMazing Kids speech therapy & kids yoga classes!
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own. Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp.
This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to Ashley Light in Florida for the winning entry.
International entries are allowed for this giveaway. However, the DVD is only available in English.
Easy Entry Form:
Only entries with all required information will be valid. The info comes to me directly via e-mail & is ONLY used for the purposes of selecting winners and distributing prizes.
- Helpful Info & Tips: Folks had requested a simpler entry option. I tried Rafflecopter but most folks did not enter an address so now I’m trying this online contact form instead. I will be hand selecting winners to insure products end up in the hands of folks who will put them to the best use. Briefly tell me how winning this would help you & the kids. I take the time to read each entry so details count. It doesn’t have to be lengthy…. just heart-felt.
- If you experience any problems with the entry form in this blog post, please e-mail me specific details so I can attempt to fix it. E-mail to: email@example.com . The entry deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of OMazing Kids in the event of prolonged entry problems.
- Each “giveaway” is handled separately on OMazing Kids. So there are no rules prohibiting previous winners from entering this or future giveaways. I really do read every entry in every giveaway carefully to insure that the products end up in the best hands to impact kids lives.
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm CST on April 12, 2015.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- One entry per person.
- International entries are allowed for this giveaway. However, the DVD is only available in English.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via entries may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Only entries with all required information will be valid.
- The winners will be chosen from valid entries on April 13, 2015.
1 winner will receive one copy of the DVD.
- The winner will be notified via e-mail, their name will be posted on the blog post & will be posted on the OMazing Kids Facebook page. The company offering the prize may also post the winner’s name on their website, blog, Facebook page and/or other social media sites at their discretion.
- The prize will be mailed to the winner using the address submitted in the entry form. OMazing Kids is not responsible for items lost in the mail or for inaccuracies in the mailing address or phone number. I copy & paste the info directly from what you submit << so PLEASE proof read your entry for accuracy before submitting it…. in the era of iPhone auto correction these errors happen pretty frequently>>
- The winner’s address & phone number will be forwarded to the company and they will be mailing the prizes directly to the winners. Super Simple Songs will send the DVD via Amazon Standard Shipping. It will take about six weeks to arrive overseas. About a week to USA addresses.
- After I e-mail the winner’s info to the company, it is their responsibility to mail out prizes. Please contact them first if you are concerned about not receiving a prize. If that does not resolve the problem, then feel free to e-mail me and I will glad to assist in whatever way I can.
Prize Value: $12.99
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a kids DVD but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
AppPeeps Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OMazingKidsAppPeeps/
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
Boardmaker Share: http://www.boardmakershare.com/Community/FriendsProfile/10916/Angela-Moorad
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar or any ads or unusual hyperlinks that may appear above. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.