A great opportunity to win a “must have” book for anyone wanting to do therapeutic yoga with kids + a fabulous guided relaxation CD & a lesson plan from Nancy Williams, a fellow Speech-Language Pathologist who has a passion for kids yoga!
Yoga Therapy for Every Special Child: Meeting Needs in a Natural Setting by Nancy Williams. Yoga therapy can be a hugely rewarding approach for children with a wide range of special needs. This accessible guide contains simple yoga techniques that can be used with children of all abilities. The author provides gentle yoga postures and exercises that can help to promote relaxation, flexibility, strength, coordination and body-awareness. Each posture is accompanied by a line drawing, and the author offers advice on how each posture appropriately supports the individual child’s needs and abilities. Practical tips for incorporating creative fun and games into yoga sessions are included, and the author outlines the specific benefits of yoga for a wide range of conditions, including Attention Deficit Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Cerebral Palsy, social communication difficulties, Down Syndrome, and scoliosis. The book concludes with child and parent reports of how yoga therapy has changed their life. This wonderful resource is ideal for parents, therapists and instructors who want to use simple yoga exercises with children with special needs.
I frequently receive requests for info about doing therapeutic yoga with kids with special needs. This book is on my short list of “must have” resources! It is an easy read, is affordable and has great info relating yoga to other therapeutic areas (body awareness, motor planning, communication, following directions, behavioral regulation, social skills, sensory integration), ideas for creating a good yoga environment, description of poses with benefits and modifications for specific special needs. The black and white line illustrations were done by Nancy’s sister and are lovely!
- Paperback: 200 pages
- Publisher: Singing Dragon; 1 edition (January 1, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1848190271
- ISBN-13: 978-1848190276
- Product Dimensions: 0.5 x 6.9 x 9.7 inches
Guided Meditation 4 Children – I Am the Breeze CD (5 tracks)
- Dancing in the Wind (4:20)
- Into White (5:06)
- Shifting Shapes (4:43)
- Indian Summer (5:46)
- I Am the Breeze (3:47)
The CD contains five lovely guided relaxations. Nancy’s voice is soothing and relaxing. Although the CD is marketed for kids 11 years & older it could also be appropriate for younger kids given the opportunity to build an attention span for guided relaxation.
.See a peek inside the book:
See a little more in this video: http://vimeo.com/16934126 and some of her precious yogis: http://vimeo.com/9636275
FYI…. Her book was recently translated into German! See this pic on Nancy’s Facebook page:
The author is on Facebook and frequently shares awesome tips for therapeutic yoga on her page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Yoga-Therapy-4-Every-Special-Child/151568364912636
Disclaimer: I purchased my own copy of this book in 2010 & won a copy of the CD in a giveaway on the author’s Facebook page. Opinions expressed are my own. Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp.
Easy Entry Form:
Only Continental USA entries allowed for this giveaway.
Only entries with all required information will be valid. The info comes to me directly via e-mail & is ONLY used for the purposes of selecting winners and distributing prizes.
- Helpful Info & Tips: Folks had requested a simpler entry option. I tried Rafflecopter but most folks did not enter an address so now I’m trying this online contact form instead. I will be hand selecting winners to insure products end up in the hands of folks who will put them to the best use. Briefly tell me how winning this would help you & the kids. I take the time to read each entry so details count. It doesn’t have to be lengthy…. just heart-felt.
- If you experience any problems with the entry form in this blog post, please e-mail me specific details so I can attempt to fix it. E-mail to: email@example.com . The entry deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of OMazing Kids in the event of prolonged entry problems.
- Each “giveaway” is handled separately on OMazing Kids. So there are no rules prohibiting previous winners from entering this or future giveaways. I really do read every entry in every giveaway carefully to insure that the products end up in the best hands to impact kids lives.
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm CST on December 3, 2013.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- One entry per person.
- Only Continental USA entries are allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via entries may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Only entries with all required information will be valid.
- The winner will be chosen from valid entries on December 4, 2013.
1 Grand Prize winner will receive the following prize bundle:
- 1 copy of the book + 1 copy of the CD + 1 “Practicing Peace” 2-page PDF handout from the author
2nd place winner:
- 1 copy of the book + 1 copy of the CD
3rd place winner:
- The winner will be notified via e-mail, will be posted on the blog post & will be posted on the OMazing Kids Facebook page. The company offering the prize may also post the winner’s name on their website, blog, Facebook page and/or other social media sites at their discretion.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the author and she will be mailing the prizes directly to the winners. After I e-mail the winner’s info to the company, it is their responsibility to mail out prizes. Please contact them first if you are concerned about not receiving a prize. If that does not resolve the problem, then feel free to e-mail me and I will glad to assist in whatever way I can.
Prize Value: $19.95 per book, $9.99 per CD, handout – author’s time to create it
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a book, CD & handout but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
Boardmaker Share: http://www.boardmakershare.com/Community/FriendsProfile/10916/Angela-Moorad
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar or any ads or unusual hyperlinks that may appear above. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here. I have attempted to remove the CouponDropDown but no luck so far…. DO NOT click on any hyperlinks unless you hover above them first to insure they are valid. Ones I included should appear in blue font.