A perfect trio of products to promote positive virtues & values in kids!
The past few days have been devastating here in Oklahoma. Several communities were hit by large tornadoes. Many families lost loved ones, pets, homes, cars & all their belongings. Tragedies are not unique to Oklahoma. They happen everywhere and children are often exposed to a non-stop barrage of overwhelming images during these times. It is so important that parents, teachers & caregivers take mindful steps to provide positive images & messages to kids.
The Harmony Cards for Kids includes 30 two-sided brilliantly illustrated cards with a guidebook offering simple, effective and meaningful ways of encouraging and supporting virtues and values awareness. Simple and effective for schools…
• Teach values and virtues awareness
• Support anti-bullying programs
• Build relationships and school communities
• Support behavior management programs and strategies
• Assist in ‘character’ education and wellbeing
Virtues in the set are: Acceptance * Cleanliness * Compassion * Confidence * Cooperation * Creativity * Encouragement * Enthusiasm * Excellence * Fairness * Flexibility * Forgiveness * Freedom * Friendliness * Generosity * Gentleness * Gratitude * Happiness * Independence * Kindness * Love * Optimism * Patience * Peacefulness * Persistence * Purpose * Respect * Tact * Togetherness * Trust
Here’s what I love about the cards:
- bright, cheerful illustrations
- large white font of the virtue on the front is easy to read
- a kid-friendly definition of each virtue is on the back, including three ways kids can live out that virtue.
- the topics are ones that are meaningful in the lives of kids and will empower them to make positive choices
- the guidebook includes 12 pages of wonderful ideas and suggestions on using the cards with kids in a meaningful way
While I love all the cards, these are currently my four “faves” in light of the recent tornadoes & outpouring of support for folks here in Oklahoma: Compassion, Generosity, Gratitude & Optimism.
The cards are also available as an iPad app.
Harmony Bliss CD
The Harmony Bliss CD is a combination of peaceful positive songs and visualizations to support and encourage self care, relaxation activities and lots of fun and creativity ways to find peace and harmony in your day. Hear song samples
Happy Songs and Relaxation Songs CD (2 CD set)
CD1 Happy Songs: Lift your spirits, play music, easy listening and movement to movement activities.
CD2 Relaxation Songs: Relaxation time can be a wonderful ritual for the entire family to share, choose an appropriate time when you can assist your child and relax yourself. The relaxation songs on this CD are interactive and brilliant for any environment – in the car, home, school and even sitting at a desk. You can stretch as tall as a mouse and curl up as small as a mouse… Hear song samples
Here’s what I love about the CD’s:
- wonderful positive messages
- fun themes that will work well in kids yoga
- great mix of upbeat & calming tempo songs
It’s cool that both CD’s are also available in downloadable versions!
Purchase via their website: http://www.kidsinharmony.com.au/, sign up for their free newsletter, & “like” them on Facebook. The company is located in Queensland, Australia.
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own.Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp.
How to enter the A Way to Give – Giveaway:
- Required Entry Method: Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids – Contests & Giveaways Facebook page (http://a.pgtb.me/plpbTf) & mention why these cards & CD’s would be helpful to you. Also nominate a friend, relative, teacher, therapist, school, clinic, library, etc… it can be any individual (other than yourself) or setting that you feel could benefit from having the cards + a CD & tell us why they would benefit from having them (details will count in selecting the winner) (comments must be in English; must include full first & last name; must use respectful people-first language, 1 entry per person).
- Bonus Entry Option: Like both of these Facebook pages: OMazing Kids & Harmony Cards for Kids (comment here on this blog post to let me know you did). Facebook fans of both pages are then entitled to the following bonus entry options:
- Invite some friends to “like” the OMazing Kids Facebook page (comment here on this blog post to let me know you did)
- Share this review on Facebook & include a @OMazing Kids to tag my page – (comment here on this blog post to let me know you did)
- Helpful Info & Tips: I use the “Giveaways” tab because it saves me the step having to obtain your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail. FYI…. I use a free app from Shortstack for that tab and have no control over technical difficulties either on their end or on Facebook. The Facebook tab may not work on a cell phone. If you experience that, try again on a computer. Make sure you are logged in as yourself (not a page) when using the tab. In the event that you experience difficulties with the FB entry tab, please e-mail me specific details so I can attempt to fix it. E-mail to: email@example.com . The entry deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of OMazing Kids in the event of prolonged entry tab problems
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm CST on June 2, 2013 (this particular giveaway is open for an extended period to allow plenty of time for entry by those affected by recent tornadoes).
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- International entries are being allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- The winner will be chosen from valid entries on June 3, 2013.
The Grand Prize winner will receive:
- 1 set of Harmony Cards for Kids
- 1 Harmony Bliss CD
- 1 Happy Songs and Relax Songs CD
- 1 Sheet of 30 Harmony Stickers
One set of Harmony Cards for Kids + one Harmony Bliss CD will also be sent to the person or place they nominated in their winning entry. (I know this is a bit out-of-the box & different than most typical giveaways where the person who enters wins all the “stuff”. This is the new “A Way To Give” portion of giveaways on OMazing Kids. I was inspired to make giveaways more meaningful after this experience. Think of it as a way to plant some seeds.)
A 2nd Place Winner will receive one set of Harmony Cards for Kids.
- The winners will be notified via e-mail, will be posted on the blog post & will be posted on the OMazing Kids Facebook page. The company offering the prize may also post the winner’s name on their website, blog, Facebook page and/or other social media sites at their discretion.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the company and they will be mailing the prizes directly to the winners. Any questions about the prize should be directed to the company.
- Prize Value: cards: $35.00, CD’s: $25.00-$26.95, stickers: $3.00
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just some cards, CD’s & stickers but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
Boardmaker Share: http://www.boardmakershare.com/Community/FriendsProfile/10916/Angela-Moorad
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.