Start off the new year in 2013 with a book that will be great for your kids’ bodies & minds. “Luke’s A to Z of Australian Animals: an Alphabet Coloring Book”, another fun new book from Kids Yoga Stories!
Check out Luke’s A to Z of Australian animals and add color to his collection! Curl up like a koala, hop like a kangaroo, and waddle like a wombat as you act out Australian animals through this interactive alphabet coloring book. Learn something new, explore movement, and have fun together! Kids Yoga Stories introduce you to engaging characters who will get your child laughing, moving, and creating. Reading is good for the mind AND body! This book for ages 3 to 7 is more than a coloring book, but it’s also a unique experience for children.
List Price: $12.95
- Paperback: 40 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (December 7, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1479317845
- ISBN-13: 978-1479317844
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 8.5 x 0.1 inches
Where to Purchase: Available on their website w/ PayPal: http://www.kidsyogastories.com/%20lukes-a-to-z/ & on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Lukes-Australian-Animals-Alphabet-Coloring/dp/1479317845/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1357165586&sr=1-1
Here’s what I love about this book:
- A picture of the kids yoga pose is in the corner of each page
- The targeted vocabulary for each letter is in bold font
- The font is large & easy to read
- The alphabet letter is large but more faintly shown than the rest of the picture on each page. This will make it fun for kids to look for the letter (an easy version of a seek-and-find)
- It’s a fun way to learn the names of Australian wildlife. Some are familiar (crocodile, whale, jellyfish, koala, etc…) but most would be new to those of us who do not live in that part of the world (brolga, echidna, goanna, numbat, quoll, etc…).
- The 6-page Parent-Teacher Guide section at the end of the coloring book is a goldmine of great tips for setting up a fun & safe yoga storytime for kids. Gotta share this quote from the book: “Ooze creativity, imagination and abundance. Encourage each child to tap into his or her own creativity and imagination through movement and breath. Welcome quiet times for reflection. Pause often. Remember, it’s not the end result, but the journey where miracles happen…“. She also gives several ideas for extension activities. Giselle’s passion and love for kids & learning shines through
- Lots of great verbs & adjectives will make this book fun to use in my work as a Speech-Language Pathologist (ex: a crocodile snoozing in the swampy mangroves, a platypus paddling in a murky river, etc…).
- LOVE the combination of nature, alphabet/early literacy skills, coloring & movement….. what a fun way to tap into “multiple intelligences”! Add some Australian music & affirmations to tap into a couple more. (More info about this concept at: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/gperf/education/ed_mi_overview.html & http://comicsworkshop.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/poster-02-mi_actions-11×17.jpg)
Here’s a “sneek peek” inside the book:
Be sure to sign up for their newsletter & check out the great “free resources” section on their website:
http://www.kidsyogastories.com/free-resources/. She often shares free lesson plan ideas!
They are also on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/KidsYogaStories, Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/kidsyogastories/ & Twitter: http://twitter.com/kidsyogastories.
More info about the author: http://www.kidsyogastories.com/about/.
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own.
How to enter the giveaway:
- Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids – Contests & Giveaways Facebook page (http://a.pgtb.me/plpbTf) & mention how you would be using this book. (comments must be in English; must include full first & last name; must use respectful people-first language, 1 entry per Facebook account).
- For one additional entry, leave a comment on this blog post. Must mention how you would be using this book. If you only enter via blog post comment, you must also send me an e-mail with your mailing address (send to email@example.com). You will not need to do this if you also entered via the Enter Contests Here…. tab on Facebook since your address will be provided on that entry (comments must be in English; 1 entry per person; must use respectful people-first language, must have a valid e-mail address)
- Helpful Info & Tips: You increase your odds of winning by entering via both methods. Entering via the “Giveaways” tab will save you the step of e-mailing me your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail. FYI…. I use a free app from Shortstack for that tab and have no control over technical difficulties either on their end or on Facebook. In the event that you experience difficulties with the tab you can submit an entry via e-mail providing your full name, e-mail address, mailing address, how you would be using the book. E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately Facebook rules prohibit me from accepting entries directly from posts or comments on Facebook.
- Examples of “people-first” language are “children with autism” vs. “autistic children”and “children with disabilities” vs. “disabled children” (see more examples at: http://www.inclusionproject.org/nip_userfiles/file/People%20First%20Chart.pdf)
Entry Deadline: Enter by any of the methods listed above by 11:59pm CST on January 4 , 2013.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- International entries are being allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook or e-mail may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- One (1) winner will be chosen via a random drawing of valid entries on January 5, 2013.
- The winner will receive one (1) copy of the book.
- The winner will be notified via e-mail and will be posted on the blog post.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the company and they will be mailing the prize directly to the winner.
- Prize Value: $12.95
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a book but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.