I’ve been getting quite a few requests for info about which Bluetooth switch interfaces will work for specific AAC apps.
So I borrowed an AeroSwitch from PRC-Saltillo and then did trials with it and my Blue2 (AbleNet).
This video has general info:
More in-depth info about exact settings that I used and the steps involved can be found in the most recent updates for the Feature Matching Charts on 3/21/22. If you purchased them on TPT be sure to download the new PDFs for the latest info. Ko-fi subscribers can find the links on today’s post.
• Symbol-Based: https://bit.ly/SymbolBasedAACapps. More info: https://bit.ly/SymbolBasedAACblogpost
• Text-Based: https://bit.ly/TextBasedAACapps. More info: https://bit.ly/TextBasedAACblogpost
There is also a chart for Visual Scene Display apps.
Want to compare features in all kinds of AAC Apps? All three charts are available individually or in a bundle for a reduced price: https://omazingkidsllc.com/2022/02/28/three-feature-matching-resources-for-aac-apps-comparing-features-in-aac-apps/
There are now three rows dedicated to info about switch access (one row about which apps offer their own in-app settings to support switch scanning access vs. those that rely solely on iOS Accessibility to do this), one row for which apps the AeroSwitch worked for (including the very specific settings needed to accomplish that), and one row for which apps can be used with the Blue2.
For the symbol-based apps, there are four more specific videos that are “unlisted” and can only be viewed by those who have the link provided in the Feature Matching Chart. Those have more specific info and show the AeroSwitch being used in the LAMP Words for Life app on an iPad, being used on the TouchChat with WordPower app on an iPad, and one about the Blue2 and which apps it will and will not work in. For the text-based apps, there is one “unlisted” video about using the AeroSwitch with the Dialogue AAC app.
The symbol-based app chart has also been updated to include some basic info about the features new Proloquo + Proloquo Coach subscription-based apps as compared to Proloquo2Go. One isn’t “better” than the other. Like any AAC the best fit will depend on the specific needs of that AAC user and those supporting them.
Have questions? The best way to reach me with any questions is via messaging on the OMazing Kids Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/. That way AAC related messages don’t get lost among the spam in my e-mail.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC, OMazing Kids AAC Consulting
- Teachers Pay Teachers Store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Omazing-Kids-Aac-Consulting
- YouTube: https://youtube.com/user/amoorad1
- Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/omazingkidsaac
- OMazing Kids AAC Consulting Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/
- AppPeeps Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OMazingKidsAppPeeps/
- GoTalk Now AAC & GoVisual Visual Scene Apps – Ideas and Sharing Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/GoTalkNowAACappGroup
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/omazingkidsaac
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/amoorad
- Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/OMazingKids/
- Linktree: https://linktr.ee/amoorad1
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/angelamooradomazingkidsaac
- Blog: https://omazingkidsllc.com