*** See this new post for the most current info & a major update: https://omazingkidsllc.com/2021/07/20/feature-matching-chart-for-the-top-11-robust-ios-symbol-based-aac-apps/ ***
How to Get Access to the Top 10 iOS Symbol-Based AAC Apps (updated 5/13/21)
- This chart contains information that was confirmed with each app developer to insure accuracy.
- It is part of a much larger feature matching chart.
The feature matching chart is available on my Teachers Pay Teachers store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Feature-Matching-Chart-for-the-Top-10-iOS-Symbol-Based-AAC-Apps-6867853
- Inclusion in the “Top 10” was based on features, long term availability in the App Store, good history of being updated, having patients who benefited from using the app, gathering data from app recommendations from SLPs who have expertise in AAC, etc. The list was purposefully limited to the top 10 in order to keep it manageable for updates as apps continue to add features in the future. I plan on maintaining and updating the chart for the foreseeable future to help meet the need for current and comprehensive info to be used in feature matching. Inclusion of particular apps is subject to change based on features and an ongoing track record of support and updates. The purpose of this chart isn’t to name a “best” app since the “best” AAC for that individual is the combination of options (variety of apps, SGDs, no-tech, etc.) that meets their needs at that moment in time. This chart is not intended to imply that any app not on this list is not well designed or serve a very important function.
Get the free 1-page PDF: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/How-to-Get-Access-to-the-Top-10-iOS-Symbol-Based-AAC-Apps-TPT-Freebie-6869004 (this is a permanent freebie on my TPT Store)
Looking for info about how to get access to digital PODD options? Head over to this post and scroll down to that section: https://omazingkidsllc.com/2018/01/10/i-have-something-to-say-about-podd/
The best way to reach me with any questions is via messaging on the OMazing Kids Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/
- You may not copy any part of this document (including the content, layout, format, ideas or design) and reproduce it or distribute it as your own work.
- Please do not copy/paste this info onto other blogs or save this PDF in any online groups or files. Instead, feel free to share the post from my blog or social media sites or the link to my TPT store.
I assume no liability for app purchases and am not making patient-specific recommendations.
This document was the sole idea and creation of Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, OMazing Kids AAC Consulting, OMazing Kids, LLC, all rights reserved. © 2021 and beyond.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC OMazing Kids AAC Consulting
Teachers Pay Teachers Store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Omazing-Kids-Aac-Consulting
Personal Professional Facebook Page (linked to OMazing Kids): https://www.facebook.com/angela.moorad (adding“friends” who have a direct role in AAC or Assistive Technology – AAC / AT app or product developers, AAC / AT consultants, SLPs who specialize in AAC, other professionals who specialize in AAC or AT, etc.)
OMazing Kids AAC Consulting Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/
AppPeeps Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OMazingKidsAppPeeps/