Hitting “Follow” or “Support – One Time” doesn’t result in an ongoing monthly subscription.
If you are interested in a monthly subscription, here are the steps (updated 5/12/21):
- Create your free Ko-fi account (you need an account so Ko-fi will know to unlock subscriber content when you visit my page)
- Make sure you are logged in to your account on Ko-fi.
- Go to my Ko-fi page: https://ko-fi.com/omazingkidsaac
- Tap “Support”
- Tap “Monthly” (amount is automatically set at $25. The rate was raised on 5/12/21. Any current subscribers will remain at the original rate.)
- Tap “Donate” (even though Ko-fi has the subscription option I can’t edit the button that says “donate” to say “subscribe”)
- That will set you up to auto-pay $25 per month via PayPal. This rate includes all exclusive content on my Ko-fi site and the ability to do a short consultation with me via private messaging.
- I’ve personally used PayPal for several years so I trust it. At this point in time PayPal is the only means of payment. There is potentially an option for me to add Stripe as a payment option for credit cards but the process is complicated and the fees are higher. So I don’t plan on doing that unless there is a huge need for it.
- You should receive an e-mail from PayPal that can serve as a receipt or log onto your PayPal account and print what you need from there.
- You will receive an email from Ko-fi when I post new content. When you are on the site you’ll also see a Ko-fi notification (🔔). I will also be posting announcements about new content on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and my blog (which also has a way to subscribe to e-mail notifications)
Feel free to send me private message on my OMazing Kids AAC Facebook page if you have any questions. https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/
More info on why I chose to try out Ko-fi: https://omazingkidsllc.com/2021/02/10/info-about-the-ko-fi-platform-why-i-chose-it-for-my-new-omazing-kids-aac-subscription-service/
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC OMazing Kids AAC Consulting
Personal Professional Facebook Page (linked to OMazing Kids): https://www.facebook.com/angela.moorad (adding“friends” who have a direct role in AAC or Assistive Technology – AAC / AT app or product developers, AAC / AT consultants, SLPs who specialize in AAC, other professionals who specialize in AAC or AT, etc.)
OMazing Kids AAC Consulting Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/
AppPeeps Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OMazingKidsAppPeeps/
Pingback: Top 10 iOS Symbol-Based AAC App Feature Matching Chart – compiled by Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, OMazing Kids AAC Consulting | OMazing Kids AAC Consulting