I’ve received several questions about my new OMazing Kids AAC Consulting Ko-fi page (https://ko-fi.com/omazingkidsaac). Most folks haven’t heard of Ko-fi so here’s a bit of info.
Ko-fi is similar to the more well-known Patreon platform but different in many ways that made it a better option for me to try:
- It’s much more affordable. I upgraded to Gold to be able to offer subscriptions but that was affordable to do (only $4.50 per month if paid annually)
- They don’t take a cut of the earnings (just the fee deducted by PayPal)
- Payment is via PayPal (both by you & to me). I’ve personally used PayPal for several years so I trust it. There is potentially an option to add Stripe as a payment option for credit cards but the process is complicated and the fees are higher. So I don’t plan on doing that unless there is a huge need for it.
- It allows the option for me to post content accessible to specific audiences (subscriber only, subscriber + 1x supporter donation, public)
- It offers the option to sell customized “commissioned” works
- I liked the look and feel of Ko-fi
- See this post for more info on the differences: https://medium.com/@kofi_blog/patreon-or-ko-fi-whats-the-difference-e2ce81a4334e
Even though Ko-fi has the subscription option I haven’t been able to find a way to edit the button that says “donation” to say “subscribe”.
How to “subscribe” in order to get access to my exclusive “subscriber only” content:
- Create your free Ko-fi account (you need an account so Ko-fi will know to unlock subscriber content when you visit my page)
- Tap “Support”
- Tap “Monthly” (amount is automatically set at $25 – new rate as of 5/12/21)
- Tap “Donate” (even though Ko-fi has the subscription option I haven’t been able to find a way to edit the button that says “donate” to say “subscribe”)
- That will set you up to auto-pay $25 per month via PayPal. You should receive an e-mail from PayPal that can serve as a receipt or log onto your PayPal account and print what you need from there.
- You will receive an email from Ko-fi when I post new content. When you are on the site you’ll also see a Ko-fi notification (🔔). I will also be posting announcements about new content on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and my blog (which also has a way to subscribe to e-mail notifications)
How to cancel a subscription (scroll down to “Subscribed Using PayPal” section: https://help.ko-fi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007556993-How-Do-I-Cancel-a-Subscription-to-a-Creator-
I look forward to sharing AAC info with you and hope you find it helpful 😊
Feel free to send me private message on my OMazing Kids AAC Facebook page if you have any questions. https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC OMazing Kids AAC Consulting
Personal Professional Facebook Page (linked to OMazing Kids): https://www.facebook.com/angela.moorad (adding “friends” who have a direct role in AAC or Assistive Technology – AAC / AT app or product developers, AAC / AT consultants, SLPs who specialize in AAC, other professionals who specialize in AAC or AT, etc.)
OMazing Kids AAC Consulting Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/
AppPeeps Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OMazingKidsAppPeeps/