I had an OMazing time sharing info about combining yoga & storytime with a great group of 35 childcare providers at the annual Oklahoma Childcare Association Spring Conference today!
Here is a copy of my PowerPoint slides (30 page PDF). You will be able to click on the web links on each slide to go directly to each resource 🙂
OMazing Kids StoryStretchers – presentation for Oklahoma Childcare Conference April 2012 (PDF)
Please head over and “like” the OMazing Kids Facebook page for more great info and ideas – http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsYoga
A huge “Thanks!” to the 11 companies that donated a total of over $800 worth of kids yoga products…… it was great to have enough stuff for every participant to get something to support them using yoga with the kids in their childcare settings!
- ABC’s of Yoga for Kids – http://www.abcyogaforkids.com/
- Karma Kids Yoga – http://www.karmakidsyoga.com/
- Kidding Around Yoga – http://kiddingaroundyoga.com/
- Little Lotus Kids Yoga Cards – http://www.littlelotuskidsyoga.com/
- Move With Me™ Action Adventures – http://www.move-with-me.com/
- Musical Yoga Adventures – http://www.musicalyogaadventures.com/
- Namaste Kid – http://www.namastekid.com/
- Radiant Child Yoga – http://childrensyoga.com
- SuperDuper Publications – http://www.superduperinc.com/
- Yoga 4 Classrooms™ – http://www.yoga4classrooms.com/
- YogaBuddies™ – http://www.yogabuddies.com/
And thanks to Budget Floor Store (http://www.floorstoresok.com/) in Oklahoma City for the carpet squares they donated last year! I have used them several times & they came in handy today for the participants to get some practice doing kids yoga poses.
Thanks to Greg Gaston, Director of Marketing at JDMC, who spent his Saturday at the JD McCarty Center booth at the conference. I was SO excited that our booth was in a prime location….. at the main entrance right across from the keynote speaker’s booth 🙂 Yippee for the opportunity to spread the word about the great services we offer at JDMC!
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Speech-Language Pathologist at the JD McCarty Center for Children with Developmental Disabilities in Norman, Oklahoma (www.jdmc.org)
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Work E-Mail: email@example.com (* please always Cc my home e-mail to make sure I get the message)
Home E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the wavy divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.
35 folks from the following towns & childcare centers attended my presentation:
* Edmond – High Flyers
* El Reno – First Steps Child Development Center
* Harrah – Harrah Church
* Mustang – Jimmy Bibletts Childcare
* OKC – Chesapeake Child Development Center
* OKC – Childrens Lighthouse
* OKC – CNK
* OKC – Linwood Early Learning Center
* OKC – Next Generation
* OKC – Quality Care Child Development Center
* OKC – Tony Reyes Bilingual Child Development Center
* OKC – Chris Vian
* Moore – Children’s Lighthouse Harbor
* Norman – Middle Earth Child Development Center
* Shawnee – Citizen Pottawotomie Nation
* Sulphur – Faith Christian School
* Tuttle – Kidz Club 2
* Yukon – Children’s New World
This is an AMAZING resource! I’ll be sharing with my readers on facebook, on twitter and pinterest! THANK YOU for always being so generous in sharing such great material!