Pumpkin Pose from the October 2010 newsletter from ABC’s of Yoga for kids (http://www.abcyogaforkids.com/)
A few fun fall books & activities to celebrate my favorite season…..
Several of my favorite fall books also have tons of great opportunities for kids yoga poses & breathing:
- Apple Farmer Annie by Monica Wellington (see this post for a full lesson plan & free printable kids yoga sequence: https://omazingkidsllc.com/2012/09/15/apple-farmer-annie-seed-to-farmers-market-kids-yoga-lesson-plan/)
- The Busy Little Squirrel by Nancy Tafuri (tree, spider, mouse – child’s pose, bird, grasshopper, frog, fish, cat, dog, pumpkin, owl, squirrel + do toe-ga to pick up pom-pom “acorns”, picking apple stretch, sun stretch & breath, buzzing bee breath, pick up leaves)
- When the Leaf Blew In by Steve Metzger (blow on leaves, cow, spider, owl, pig-happy baby pose, goat-donkey kicks, chicken-bird, horse-neigh & stretch up, sheep-jump, duck, frog, dragonfly-buzzing breath, dog, squirrel, bird, tree) – Click here for story props I made for this book: When the Leaf Blew In story props (PDF)
- Count Down to Fall by Fran Hawk (raccoon, possum, moon stretch, cat, butterfly, squirrel, bear, turtle, tree, owl, deer, paddle canoe partner pose, quaking aspen tree, bird, bunny breaths)
- Red Are the Apples by Marc Harshman & Cheryl Ryan (flower, fish, cat, blowing wind breath, chicken-bird, raking-forward bend, bean pods-child’s pose, corn stalks-mountain pose, pumpkin, tractor drive group pose, bug-happy baby pose, scarecrow, crows-bird, apple picking stretch, ladder climbing-brain gym cross crawl)
- We’re Going on a Leaf Hunt by Steve Metzger (sun stretch & breath, hike-brain gym cross crawl, mountain, tree, forest-trees group pose, waterfall, boat, skunk-cat pose lifting tail to spray, house- rooftops partner pose, leaf blowing, leaf picking). Click here for printable “Thankful Leaves”: Thankful leaves (PDF) & Be Thankful leaves bookmarks (PDF)
- There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves by Lucille Colandro. Click here for free printable story props: There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves – free printable story props (PDF)
Kids Yoga Poses for There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves:
Music: To Be a Tree by The Flannery Brothers (http://flannerybrothers.com/track/to-be-a-tree)
Fun Five Golden Autumn Leaves song & printable props:
See more details on this post: http://picklebums.com/2012/05/17/printable-autumn-leaf-puppets-and-a-song/. Get the free PDF printable from Picklebums at: http://picklebums.com/images/printables/picklebums%20autumn%20leaves.pdf.
Fun Free Printable Fall Barrier Game from 3 Dinosaurs: http://www.3dinosaurs.com/printables/packs/fall.php (More great info about “barrier games”: http://www.playingwithwords365.com/2011/11/barrier-games-great-for-language-enrichment/)
Check out the cute video by Alluem Yoga Kids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jxN8r-BzM0
(Alluem Yoga Kids Blog – http://alluemkids.blogspot.com/)
Join in on a discussion about fun fall kids yoga ideas on the OMazing Kids Facebook page:
Craft: Make a Basket & Leaves:
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the wavy divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.