Resource Update: The Feature Matching Chart for the Top 12 iOS Symbol Based AAC Apps has been updated. Those who have previously purchased it on TPT can download the newest version for no additional cost: https://bit.ly/SymbolBasedAACapps. Ko-fi subscribers will be able to access a copy on the pinned resource post: https://ko-fi.com/Post/Links-to-posts-about-most-current-feature-matching-F1F5C9DMD.
#AACapps #AACfeatures #ComparingAACapps
Image ID: Screenshot of the cover image for this resource in my TPT (Teachers Pay Teachers) Store. Includes the icon for each app in the Apple App Store, the OMazing Kids logo and logos for TPT and Ko-fi. Date updated: 5/20/23.
For those asking about the the new Proloquo + Proloquo Coach app:
I have some info about them in this resource in the column about Proloquo2Go. I agree that Proloquo + Proloquo Coach is a great app but is missing some features to make it officially into the top 12. I was part of beta testing this app and have continued to provide feedback to AssistiveWare. Top of my list is the Proloquo app needs to allow editing of existing buttons to meet the cultural and religious identity of that individual. There have been a couple of discussions in AssistiveWare’s Proloquo and Proloquo Coach Community Facebook group about the need to allow flexibility in editing existing buttons. There’s also a need for being able to use recorded speech to get proper pronunciation of some names. https://www.facebook.com/groups/381836780082796/?ref=share&mibextid=S66gvF.
I have a free handout that compares Proloquo + Proloquo Coach to Proloquo2Go. https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Comparison-of-Proloquo2Go-Proloquo-Proloquo-Coach-AAC-Apps-updated-11623-7933287
Looking for other in-depth AAC feature matching resources? See this blog post: https://bit.ly/5aacFeatureMatchingResources. That post also includes videos comparing AAC apps on various devices on various platforms.
Looking for more AAC resources? Check out the Resource Links page here on my blog: https://omazingkidsllc.com/omazing-kids-aac-resource-links
Have a question? The best way to reach me is via Facebook messaging over on my OMazing Kids page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC, OMazing Kids AAC Consulting
• Teachers Pay Teachers Store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Omazing-Kids-Aac-Consulting
• YouTube: https://youtube.com/user/amoorad1
• Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/omazingkidsaac
• OMazing Kids AAC Consulting Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/
• AppPeeps Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OMazingKidsAppPeeps/
• GoTalk Now AAC & GoVisual Visual Scene Apps – Ideas and Sharing Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/GoTalkNowAACappGroup
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/omazingkidsaac
• Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/amoorad
• Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/OMazingKids/
• Linktree: https://linktr.ee/amoorad1
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/angelamooradomazingkidsaac
• Blog: https://omazingkidsllc.com / Resource Links page: https://omazingkidsllc.com/omazing-kids-aac-resource-links