Visual Tools for Prioritizing AAC Features. Available on my TPT Store: https://bit.ly/VisualToolsAAC
This 42 page PDF includes visuals and worksheets to be used as tools when prioritizing the features needed most in an AAC app for that individual.
TPT Preview video:
AAC app features are prioritized using the following scale:
• Critical: Features that an AAC app MUST have in order to be of any use for this individual
• Important: Features that an AAC app needs to have in order for it to be of much use for this individual
• Nice to Have: Features that would be beneficial but not essential for that individual
• Optional: Features that wouldn’t necessarily benefit the individual right now
• Not Needed: Features that are not needed for this individual now or in the foreseeable future
The following visual tools and worksheets are included:
• Relevant Info About the AAC User worksheet
• Priority Levels handout
• 25 Priority Tokens (a page with 25 token, 5 for each priority level)
• 5 Priority Brainstorming worksheets (5 pages, 1 for each priority level)
• 42 Feature Comparison Cards (40 features + 2 blank cards, 2 per page. Includes cards for several features that might be uniquely helpful for Gestalt Language Processors)
• Ideas for Use handout (including suggestions to facilitate participation of the AAC user in the decision making process)
Bonus Content: An alternative version with 4 pages per sheet is included as Bonus Content in this resource for those who want an easy way to print smaller cards.
Ideas for Use:
• Print, cut out & laminate to create a reusable tool. Write on it with a fine tip dry erase marker. The priority token can just be laid on a card or you could use Velcro.
• Print in black/white or grayscale, cut out and use as worksheets to write on. Use a glue stick to attach the priority token to each card.
• The last two cards are blank to use for any additional features that may be significant for that individual AAC user.
This resource was designed to be printable. If you want to use it digitally you can save the PDF on an iPad or tablet and annotate it in the free Xodo or iLovePDF apps or another PDF app of your choice. Note: The priority tokens are NOT moveable when the PDF is viewed. Instead I would annotate the priority level on the cards.
Other resources available:
• Navigating Through AAC App Options (Webinar + Interactive Handout): https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Navigating-Through-AAC-App-Options-Webinar-Interactive-Handout-8446159
• AAC Test Drive: Device and App Comparison Worksheet: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/AAC-Test-Drive-Device-and-App-Comparison-Worksheet-8213870
Looking for in-depth info about features AAC apps? Check out these resources:
• iOS Symbol-Based: https://bit.ly/SymbolBasedAACapps
• iOS Text-Based: https://bit.ly/TextBasedAACapps
• Visual Scenes & Video Visual Scenes: https://bit.ly/AACvsd
• AAC Feature Matching Resource Bundle (includes all three, save 10%): https://bit.ly/aacFeatureMatchingBundle. If you are looking to purchase resources for several staff / team members, take a look at the Multiple Licenses discount (saves 20%)
• Robust Android AAC Apps (Google Play & Amazon Fire): https://bit.ly/RobustAndroidAACappChart
• Affordable and Free AAC apps & AAC-Related Apps (iOS, Android, Amazon Fire, Windows & a few web-based options): https://bit.ly/BasicAffordableAACchart
Have questions? The best way to reach me with any questions is via messaging on the OMazing Kids Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/. That way AAC related messages don’t get lost among the spam in my e-mail.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC, OMazing Kids AAC Consulting
• Teachers Pay Teachers Store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Omazing-Kids-Aac-Consulting
• YouTube: https://youtube.com/user/amoorad1
• Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/omazingkidsaac
• OMazing Kids AAC Consulting Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/
• AppPeeps Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OMazingKidsAppPeeps/
• GoTalk Now AAC & GoVisual Visual Scene Apps – Ideas and Sharing Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/GoTalkNowAACappGroup
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/omazingkidsaac
• Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/amoorad
• Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/OMazingKids/
• Linktree: https://linktr.ee/amoorad1
• Blog: https://omazingkidsllc.com