Holidays can be stressful times for kids with Autism & other special needs. Here are a dozen calming apps that can help:
- Wellbeyond Meditation for Kids by Wellbeyond Inc.
Very nicely done! Great hand painted illustrations, short guided relaxations with pleasant voiceovers & gentle music. It is worth it’s weight in gold! I used it today with great success. I am a speech-language pathologist and kids yoga teacher who works with kids with severe disabilities. Many are nonverbal and have limited means of self regulating. One was so upset this morning that she was engaging in self injurious behaviors. I got her into a quiet room, laid her on a bean bag chair and turned on the “sleep” guided relaxation in this app. Within less than a minute she calmed down, quit banging her head and fell asleep. This app has earned a rare permanent spot in the valuable limited memory real estate on my therapy iPad. Definitely will be recommending this free app at OMazing Kids.
- The Breathing Butterfly by Tip-Tok
- Focus 1-2-3 by Oranda
- Calm Kids with Mamaphant by James Golding
- Smiling Mind by Smiling Mind
- 1-Min Calm by For Jack and Jill, LLC
- Super Stretch Yoga HD by The Adventures of Super Stretch, LLC
- Super Yoga Bedtime by Cheeky Yogi Ltd.
https://appsto.re/us/SGcGdb.i, $2.99 (see full review https://omazingkidsllc.com/2016/10/30/app-review-super-yoga-bedtime-by-cheeky-yogi/)
- Breathe, Think, Do with Sesame by Sesame Street
- fluidity HD by nebulus design
- Zen Studio: finger painting to relax & focus by Les Trois Elles Interactive
- Wa Kingyo – Goldfish Pond by Masataka Hakozaki
- Calm Talk by James Munro
- Chill Outz® by Mind-Out LLC
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness & educational activities for kids of all abilities
Home E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Messaging for OMazing Kids: https://www.facebook.com/messages/17426452595789
AppPeeps Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OMazingKidsAppPeeps/
Angela Moorad is the founder of OMazing Kids, LLC and is an ASHA certified & licensed pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist and Kids Yoga Teacher with over 25 years experience working in a variety of settings (early intervention, schools, teletherapy & a nonprofit pediatric rehab hospital for children with developmental disabilities). She is a kids book reviewer with a focus on great picture books, a kids toy / product reviewer with a focus on those that are helpful for kids with special needs & an app beta tester for educational and therapeutic app developers. She loves sharing info about great things to use with kids of all abilities.