Watch this video for a quick overview of the features, size & weight of the ChatWrap for iPad Mini by Saltillo. If you have any difficulty watching the embedded video, go directly to YouTube by clicking the pic below or using this link: http://youtu.be/Diq8NuFnN6c
This case is incredibly lightweight, slim & has awesome amplification quality through the attached Bluetooth speaker!
I’ve been a pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist for 24 years and have seen LOTS of AAC devices and cases and this one is quite unique. Definitely worth considering if you are looking for voice amplification to turn your iPad Mini into a speech-generating device while not adding excess bulk or weight.
- case weight = .7 lb
- total weight with iPad Mini in it = 1.4 lbs
- thickness at the tallest portion is only about 1.5 inch (about 2/3 the height of a dollar bill)
- an extra kickstand is available (3.5 inches tall, holds device at 45 degree angle)
- extra colored “boots” are available to personalize the case
- the volume can get very loud. At full volume, the ChatWrap attached Bluetooth speaker gets as loud as 95dB. This is based on a trial with the phrase “AAC should be cute” with the following three options set at the maximum volume in the same office environment and measured with the Decibel 10th app at 2 feet away: iPad Mini speaker (72dB), ion Clipster (85dB), ChatWrap for iPad Mini (95db). [This test was inspired by this post on the Uncommon Sense blog: http://niederfamily.blogspot.com/2014/09/comparison-of-volume-intensity-in-ipad.html%5D
See more details & ordering info online at www.chatwrap.com.
Disclaimer: I did not receive any compensation for this review and do not have any affiliation with any AAC company or app developer. Please consult with your child’s SLP or AAC team when deciding on the best case for their needs. I am providing this overview solely as a means to get more details out there for folks to make informed purchasing decisions.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
Boardmaker Share: http://www.boardmakershare.com/Community/FriendsProfile/10916/Angela-Moorad
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar or any ads or unusual hyperlinks that may appear above. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here. I have attempted to remove the CouponDropDown but no luck so far…. DO NOT click on any hyperlinks unless you hover above them first to insure they are valid. Ones I included should appear in blue font.