This visual guide walks you through the initial set up and customization process for the LAMP Words for Life AAC app on the iPad.
*** There is one topic per page with visuals ***
It is perfect for those who are brand new to the app and want screenshots for every step in the initial set up, tips on choosing a vocabulary file and customization options to help buttons stand out.
Available for purchase on my TPT store: https://bit.ly/3fqh67F
Want more specific details about this product?
It is a 51 page PDF that covers the following areas:
- Setting the course
- Presume Potential
- Multimodal Communication
- Involving the child to foster ownership
- Begin with the end in mind
- Core & Fringe Vocabulary
- Importance of having access to a keyboard area
- Screenshots and info about the 1-Hit, Transition and Full Vocabulary options
- The screen that will be seen during set up
- How to copy a vocab file
- Providing the “opportunity” to try a robust vocab file
- Adjusting the settings to help the buttons stand out on the screen
- How to change the Symbol Skin Tone
- How to backup customized programming
- Choosing a voice
- Areas on the Home Screen
- How to find the “How To” manual within the app and on the LAMP Words for Life website
- Using Vocabulary Builder
- Using Word Finder
- LAMP Words for Life Users Group on Facebook
- Resources and free webinars on the LAMP Words for Life website
- Webinars specifically for parents/caregivers
- Resources on the PRC website
- The Center for AAC & Autism’s YouTube playlist specifically about programming on the iPad (which is different than programming it on an Accent device)
- The PRC YouTube channel
- The last page has the link to an unlisted YouTube video (11:36) that’s provided to supplement this resource
If you want links to be clickable, please view the PDF in the free Xodo app (https://www.xodo.com), Books/iBooks app or other PDF viewer.
Have questions? The best way to reach me with any questions is via messaging on the OMazing Kids Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/. That way messages don’t get lost among the spam in my e-mail.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC, OMazing Kids AAC Consulting
Teachers Pay Teachers Store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Omazing-Kids-Aac-Consulting
Personal Professional Facebook Page (linked to OMazing Kids): https://www.facebook.com/angela.moorad (adding “friends” who have a direct role in AAC or Assistive Technology – AAC / AT app or product developers, AAC / AT consultants, SLPs who specialize in AAC, other professionals who specialize in AAC or AT, etc.)
OMazing Kids AAC Consulting Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/
AppPeeps Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OMazingKidsAppPeeps/