I’m a huge fan of Lita’s books so I was thrilled to have the opportunity to review this new one. Here’s what I LOVE about it:
- Gorgeous rich illustrations in deep calming colors.
- Great message of being patient, waiting and enjoying silence.
- Large easy to read text on each 2-page spread. I love that some pages have minimal text so the focus can be on the details in the illustrations.
- Peep’s sounds are fun for kids to attempt to imitate (ploppety splop, swish swoooooo, scrrinkle scrattle, schweepity peep, chickity choot, hoooo, scwheeee, thwump, etc….).
- As an added bonus, there are a few opportunities for kids yoga activities based on the illustrations and text: owl, rooftop partners, star, crescent moon, blowing wind breath, tree, squirrel, bird, mouse, snowflake, self hug, etc.
See a few pages from the book: https://www.litajudge.net/a-song-for-snow-inside-the-book/
Available for purchase: https://www.amazon.com/Song-Snow-Hoot-Peep/dp/1101994517/
Free printable coloring pages:
Click to access ASongForSnow_ColoringPagespdf-1.pdf
Free printable story props that I made to go with the book:
Another fun snowy owl coloring page: https://www.redtedart.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Owl_Single_A4.compressed.pdf
See my review for the first book in the series at: https://omazingkidsllc.com/2016/04/10/omazing-kids-book-review-hoot-and-peep-by-lita-judge/
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness & educational activities for kids of all abilities
Facebook Messaging for OMazing Kids: http://m.me/OMazingKidsYoga (note: Facebook frequently changes the link to messaging so if this one doesn’t work head over to my page and click on the “Send Message” button)
AppPeeps Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OMazingKidsAppPeeps/
Boardmaker Share: http://www.boardmakershare.com/Community/FriendsProfile/10916/Angela-Moorad
Angela Moorad is the founder of OMazing Kids, LLC and is an ASHA certified & licensed pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist and Kids Yoga Teacher with 28 years experience working in a variety of settings (early intervention, schools, teletherapy & a nonprofit pediatric rehab hospital for children with developmental disabilities). She is an app beta tester for educational & therapeutic app developers and loves sharing info about great apps, products, books & toys to use with kids of all abilities.