Product Details: Each easy-to-use card features one or more photographs of children in the pose. The back of each card includes Pose Instructions as well as Fun Tips for Curriculum Integration with activity ideas adaptable for any grade level.
- 50 Pose Cards with Fun Tips for Curriculum Integration
- Each Card Measures 5½” x 8½”
- Tabs Divide Color-Coded Cards into 7 Different Categories: Calm & Quiet (blue), Energize & Empower (purple), Posture & Flexibility (pink), General Poses (yellow), Strength & Confidence (green), Focus & Concentration (orange), Cooperation & Connection (red)
List Price: $29.99
Where to Purchase: Available on their website: http://yogakids.com/tools-for-schools/toolbox & on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/YogaKids-Pose-Card-Tool-Box/dp/B004M49GD2
Here’s what I love about these cards:
- LOVE the photos of real kids doing yoga! The photos are large & on a distraction-free white background. This is especially great for kids who have special needs like Autism, ADHD or visual impairment.
- Easy to follow directions for the pose & ideas for how to integrate it into classroon activities are on the back of each card.
- The cards are well organized into color-coded categories which makes it easy to find the cards.
- The 5½” x 8½” size of the cards is perfect for a group setting. I am so appreciative of YogaKids sending these to me to try out. They have been out for a while but I hadn’t gotten them because I thought they were big poster-size cards (based on the picture I had seen on their website with the mat: http://yogakids.com/tools-for-schools/tac-on-mat). In fact I had suggested they come out with 5″ x 7″ cards of all the poses in their book “YogaKids: Educating The Whole Child Through Yoga” (which is one of my faves)…. lol! This card deck was exactly what I was hoping for 🙂
- Very sturdy storage box with an easy to open hinged top and labels on all sides (so no matter how you store it you can see what it is….. important when you have TONS of kids yoga materials like I do!)
Here’s a “sneek peek” at one of the cards:
Be sure to sign up for the “Pose of the Week” on their website: http://yogakids.com/about-pose-of-the-week.htm
They are also on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/YogaKids & Twitter: http://twitter.com/YogaKids
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the wavy divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.