Looking for unique, interactive and educational books for 4 to 8 year olds that will spark their creativity and get them moving? Check out the fun new books from Kids Yoga Stories!
Product Details: Sophia’s Jungle Adventure is a kids yoga class for 4 to 8 year olds woven through a story. Sophia and her family take a journey through a Costa Rican jungle and meet up with different animals such as toucans, snakes, and butterflies.
The storybook includes a List of Yoga Poses and a Parent-Teacher Guide.
List Price: $15.95
- Paperback: 40 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace (May 19, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1475225482
- ISBN-13: 978-1475225488
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 8.5 x 0.1 inches
Where to Purchase: Available on their website w/ PayPal: http://www.kidsyogastories.com/sophias-jungle-adventure/ & on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Sophias-Jungle-Adventure-Includes-Parent-Teacher/dp/1475225482.
A Sophia’s Jungle Adventure Coloring Book is also available to go with the book (List Price: $9.95): http://www.kidsyogastories.com/sophias-coloring-book/ & on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Sophias-Jungle-Adventure-Coloring-Book/dp/1477414320.
- Paperback: 28 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace (May 31, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1477414320
- ISBN-13: 978-1477414323
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 8.5 x 0.1 inches
Kids Yoga Stories is having a 15% off sale from July 18 to 21, 2012 at www.kidsyogastories.com! (sale price is only available on items purchased directly through their website)
Here’s what I love about this book & coloring book:
- Great eco-friendly theme! Sophia & her friends are in an Environment Club at school 🙂
- Each page in the book includes the targeted pose in bold font in the text & a picture of the pose in the top right corner. This makes it easy to keep the flow in a kids yoga storytime especially for those who are new to yoga and may not know all the poses. Additional details are provided in the back of the book.
- There are 18 poses in the book. Plenty to fill most kids yoga classes for the targeted age range (4-8 year olds). For a longer class, you could add poses for other animals you might see in a jungle and talk about conservation/eco-friendly choices to extend the theme. Suggestions are provided in the book.
- Each page in the coloring book includes the name of that item in the story, the name of the pose and illustrations of both Sophia doing the pose and some of the elements from that scene in the story. The illustrations and font sizes are large & clear.
- The Parent-Teacher Guide section at the end of the book & the coloring book are goldmines of great tips for setting up a fun & safe yoga storytime for kids. Gotta share this quote from the end of both books: “Ooze creativity, imagination and abundance. Encourage each child to tap into his or her own creativity and imagination through movement and breath. Welcome quiet times for reflection. Pause often. Remember, it’s not the end result, but the journey where miracles happen…“. Giselle’s passion and love for kids shines through 🙂
- Love the inclusion of Savasana at the end of the book & the idea of Sophia putting her notebook on her belly!
- The book has bright colorful illustrations & a nice easy-to-read font size.
- Lots of great vocabulary & descriptive language will make this book fun to use in my work as a SLP 🙂
Here’s a “sneek peek” inside the book & coloring book:
Be sure to sign up for their newsletter & check out the great “free resources” section on their website:
http://www.kidsyogastories.com/free-resources/. She just shared a fun free Summer Olympic Yoga Lesson Plan for kids!
They are also on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/KidsYogaStories & Twitter: http://twitter.com/kidsyogastories.
More info about the author: http://www.kidsyogastories.com/about/ and feedback from folks who have used her books: http://www.kidsyogastories.com/testimonials/.
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own.
How to enter the giveaway:
- Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids FB page (http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsYoga?v=app_197602066931325) & mention how you would be using this book. (comments must be in English; must include full first & last name; 1 entry per Facebook account).
- For one additional entry, leave a comment on this blog post. Must mention how you would be using this book. If you only enter via blog post comment, you must also send me an e-mail with your mailing address (send to firstname.lastname@example.org). You will not need to do this if you also entered via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook since your address will be provided on that entry (comments must be in English; 1 entry per person; must have a valid e-mail address)
- Helpful Info & Tips: You increase your odds of winning by entering via both methods. Entering via the “Giveaways” tab will save you the step of e-mailing me your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail. FYI…. I use a free app from Shortstack for that tab and have no control over technical difficulties either on their end or on Facebook. In the event that you experience difficulties with the tab you can submit an entry via e-mail providing your full name, e-mail address, mailing address, how you would be using the book. E-mail to: email@example.com. Unfortunately Facebook rules prohibit me from accepting entries directly from posts or comments on Facebook.
Entry Deadline: Enter by any of the methods listed above by 11:59pm CST on July 20, 2012.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- International entries are being allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook or e-mail may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- One (1) winner will be chosen via a random drawing of valid entries on July 21, 2012.
- The winner will receive one (1) copy of the book + one (1) copy of the coloring book (what a cool combo!).
- The winner will be notified via e-mail and will be posted on the blog post.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the company and they will be mailing the prize directly to the winner.
- Prize Value: $15.96 book & $9.95 coloring book
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a book but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the wavy divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.