One of the things I love most about the Move with Me™ Action Adventures DVD’s is the “Adventure Skills” they include in each story. As I watched each DVD, I remember thinking that having a card for each skill would be especially helpful for the kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Sensory Processing Disorder, ADHD, anxiety & other special needs that I work with as a Speech-Language Pathologist and even had the idea of taking “screenshots” off the DVD’s to make my own cards. Of course I never had the time to do that with my busy schedule. So imagine my pure delight when I saw that the company had come out with a flash card set!
Product Description: It is a 13 Flash Card Set that includes all the “Adventure Skills” (health lessons and self-regulation techniques) from the Scooter & Me video series
- 5.5” x 8.5” cards with colorful illustrations on the front and directions on the back.
- Easy-to-use visual aid to teach/reinforce the use of Adventure Skills to improve well-being, focus, learning, impulse control and emotional resilience and intelligence.
- Effective teacher tool for behavior management.
- Engaging activities that support social-emotional learning.
- Adventure Skills are short exercises that help children relax and connect with inner strengths when frustrated, confused, angry, sad or scared. Each technique is simple to do, can decrease stress, contribute to increased focus, coordination and self-control and improve social skills and emotional intelligence. All movement and self-care techniques are inspired by yoga, creative movement, PE standards, mind-body research and Brain Gym.
I love that each card includes information about why, when & how to use the Adventure Skill. Eleven of the cards also include a short rhyming “chant”.
Here’s a “sneek peek” at the front & back of one of the cards:
Short video overview of the Adventure Skill Cards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCT_ZIXGnWM.
Also see video overviews for:
- Adventure Skills 1-4 (Breathe, Drink Water, Eat Fruits & Vegetables, Play, Move & Exercise Every Day): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-1f5i15QhI
- Adventure Skills 5-8 (Elephant Wisdom, Monkey Wisdom, Oh No! Ah Yes!, Humming Breath) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utsDv3y-Qrc
- Adventure Skills 9-13 (Infinity 8’s, Deep Down Wisdom, Fish Breath, Cat Wisdom, Rock the Boat): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdqnxs-51Oc
Cost: $24.95. Purchase on their website: http://www.move-with-me.com/store/scooter-me-active-play-social-skills-program-9-yoga-movement-story-video-classes/adventure-skill-cards.
While you’re on their website, check out all the fabulous free printable Coloring & Activity Pages & Parent / Teacher Guides! The Parent/Teacher Guides provide you with basic info about the connection between movement, the brain and learning, as well as activity suggestions and detailed information with pictures of all Adventure Skills.
Also connect with them on
There are also full-page size coloring pages for each of the Action Adventure Skills
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own.Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp.
How to enter the giveaway:
- Required Entry Method: Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids – Contests & Giveaways Facebook page (http://a.pgtb.me/plpbTf) & mention why these cards would be helpful to you (details will count in selecting the winners) (comments must be in English; must include full first & last name; must use respectful people-first language, 1 entry per person).
- Bonus Entry Option: Like both the Move With Me & the OMazing Kids Facebook page (comment here on this blog post to let me know you did). Facebook fans of both pages are then entitled to the following bonus entry options:
- Share this review on Facebook & include a @OMazing Kids to tag my page – (comment here on this blog post to let me know you did)
- Tweet the #kidsyoga #giveaway on Twitter with @amoorad & @Move_with_Me links – (comment here on this blog post to let me know you did)
- Helpful Info & Tips: I use the “Giveaways” tab because it saves me the step having to obtain your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail. FYI…. I use a free app from Shortstack for that tab and have no control over technical difficulties either on their end or on Facebook. The Facebook tab may not work on a cell phone. If you experience that, try again on a computer. In the event that you experience difficulties with the FB entry tab, please e-mail me specific details so I can attempt to fix it. E-mail to: email@example.com . The entry deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of OMazing Kids in the event of prolonged entry tab problems
- Examples of “people-first” language are “children with autism” vs. “autistic children”and “children with disabilities” vs. “disabled children” (see more examples at: http://www.inclusionproject.org/nip_userfiles/file/People%20First%20Chart.pdf)
Entry Deadline: Enter by any of the methods listed above by 11:59pm CST on March 19, 2013 .
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- Only USA entries are being allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook or e-mail may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Two (2) winner will be chosen via a drawing of valid entries on March 20, 2013.
- The winner will each receive one (1) set of the Move With Me Adventure Skills Cards.
- The winners will be notified via e-mail, will be posted on the blog post & will be posted on the OMazing Kids Facebook page. The company offering the prize may also post the winner’s name on their website, blog, Facebook page and/or other social media sites at their discretion.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the company and they will be mailing the prizes directly to the winners. Any questions about the prize should be directed to the company.
- Prize Value: $24.95
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a set of cards but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.