Give Your Children the Healthy Benefits of Yoga with this Kids Yoga Stories Adventure Book. Join Luke’s beach adventure. Hop like a kangaroo, perch like a sea gull, and rest like a sea star as you act out this journey on an East Coast Australian beach. What else might you see? Learn something new, explore movement, and have fun together! Kids Yoga Stories introduce you to engaging characters who will get your child laughing, moving, and creating. Reading is good for the mind AND body! The story links several yoga poses in a specific sequence to create a coherent and meaningful story. This book for ages 4 to 8 is more than a storybook, but it’s also a unique experience for children.
- Paperback: 46 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (May 7, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1481159127
- ISBN-13: 978-1481159128
- Product Dimensions: 10.8 x 8.4 x 0.2 inches
Here’s what I love about the book:
- Great eco-friendly theme as Luke & his friends clean up along the way in their adventure at the beach!
- Each page in the book includes the targeted pose in bold font in the text & a picture of the pose in the top corner. This makes it easy to keep the flow in a kids yoga storytime especially for those who are new to yoga and may not know all the poses. Additional details are provided in the back of the book.
- There are 18 poses in the book. Plenty to fill most kids yoga classes for the targeted age range (4-8 year olds). For a longer class, you could add poses for other animals or things you might see in the ocean or at a beach and talk about eco-friendly choices to extend the theme. Suggestions are provided in the book.
- The Kids Yoga Stories Guide section at the end of the book is full of great tips for setting up a fun & safe yoga storytime for kids. Love this: “Ooze creativity, imagination and abundance. Encourage each child to tap into his or her own creativity and imagination through movement and breath. Welcome quiet times for reflection. Pause often. Remember, it’s not the end result, but the journey where miracles happen…“. Giselle’s passion and love for kids shines through
- Love the inclusion of Savasana at the end of the book.
- The book has bright colorful illustrations & a nice easy-to-read font size.
- The book is available in English & Spanish versions.
A look inside the book:
Purchase: Available on Amazon (on the date of this post all of the Kids Yoga Stories books were on sale…. go check it out!) & the author’s website (also available in Spanish as “Lucas en un Dia en la Playa: Un Cuento de Yoga para Niños
Divertido y Educativo”).
Be sure to sign up for their newsletter & check out the great “free resources” section on their website:
http://www.kidsyogastories.com/free-resources/. She often shares free lesson plan ideas!
They are also on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/KidsYogaStories, Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/kidsyogastories/ & Twitter: http://twitter.com/kidsyogastories.
More info about the author: http://www.kidsyogastories.com/about/.
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own.Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp.
How to enter the A Way to Give – Giveaway:
- Required Entry Method: Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids – Contests & Giveaways Facebook page (http://a.pgtb.me/plpbTf) & mention why this book would be helpful to you. Also nominate a friend, relative, teacher, therapist, school, clinic, library, etc… it can be any individual (other than yourself) or setting & tell us why they would benefit from having it (details will count in selecting the winner). Only entries that include a nomination will be valid…. so take the time to think of someone besides yourself who would benefit from having this. (comments must be in English; must include full first & last name; must use respectful people-first language, 1 entry per person).
- Bonus Entry Options:
- Invite some friends to “like” the OMazing Kids Facebook page (comment here on this blog post to let me know you did)
- Share this review on Facebook & include a @OMazing Kids to tag my page – (comment here on this blog post to let me know you did)
- Helpful Info & Tips: I use the “Giveaways” tab because it saves me the step having to obtain your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail. FYI…. I use a free app from Shortstack for that tab and have no control over technical difficulties either on their end or on Facebook. The Facebook tab may not work on a cell phone. If you experience that, try again on a computer. Make sure you are logged in as yourself (not a page) when using the tab. In the event that you experience difficulties with the FB entry tab, please e-mail me specific details so I can attempt to fix it. E-mail to: email@example.com . The entry deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of OMazing Kids in the event of prolonged entry tab problems
- Each “giveaway” is handled separately on OMazing Kids. So there are no rules prohibiting previous winners from entering this or future giveaways. I really do read every entry in every giveaway carefully to insure that the products end up in the best hands to impact kids lives.
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm CST on August 6, 2013.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- International entries are allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- The winner will be chosen from valid entries on August 7, 2013.
The winner & the person/place they nominate will each receive 1 copy of this book.
(This is the “A Way To Give” portion of giveaways on OMazing Kids. I was inspired to make giveaways more meaningful after this experience. Think of it as a way to plant some seeds.)
- The winner will be notified via e-mail, will be posted on the blog post & will be posted on the OMazing Kids Facebook page. The company offering the prize may also post the winner’s name on their website, blog, Facebook page and/or other social media sites at their discretion.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the company and they will be mailing the prizes directly to the winners. Any questions about the prize should be directed to the company.
- Prize Value: $15.95
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a kids yoga book but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
Boardmaker Share: http://www.boardmakershare.com/Community/FriendsProfile/10916/Angela-Moorad
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar or any ads or unusual hyperlinks that may appear above. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here. I have attempted to remove the CouponDropDown but no luck so far…. DO NOT click on any hyperlinks unless you hover above them first to insure they are valid. Ones I included should appear in blue font.