Does your child have a difficult time getting to sleep? Is bedtime your least favorite time of the day? You are not alone, the National Association of School Psychologists believe that 30% of all school aged children have some type of sleep disorder. The American Academy of Family Physicians reports sleep problems as one of the top concerns among parents. Check out this great downloadable multimedia training from My Peaceful Playground!
Peaceful Bedtime: Establishing a Yoga Bedtime Routine is a downloadable multimedia training for Parents and Caregivers by Jackie Morrison, RYT, CYKT, LMT that includes:
- Peaceful Bedtime Playbook Manual (in 11-page PDF & 17-page ebook format)
- Peaceful Bedtime MP3 Training (48:22 minutes)
- Peaceful Bedtime MP3 Guided Visualization (7:15 minutes)
- Peaceful Bedtime Yoga Video (7:41 minutes)
- Heart Shape Eye Pillow Video Instructions (link to Youtube video)
- Heart Shape Eye Pillow Pattern (2-page PDF)
The video about how to make the eye pillow was helpful: http://youtu.be/znPMi91Rjws.
What I loved about the multimedia training package:
- includes info about the effects of sleep problems (ex: The National Sleep Foundation reported new findings in October 2012 that reports the important role sleep plays in the brain mechanisms at work during sleep shape our memory, learning and behavior. Dr. Ted Abel, reports a loss of less than half a night’s sleep can impair memory and alter the normal behavior of brain cells. Sufficient sleep for our children is vital to allow their body to grow, repair and function at its highest. During sleep their bones, muscles and tissue grow as well as their immune system is rejuvenated to be able to fight off infections and illness. If our children are sleep deficit over a prolonged period of time, serious consequence may occur, such as, attention disorders, depression, anxiety, and loss of memory.)
- includes things you can do to improve your child’s sleep
- includes details about establishing a Peaceful Bedtime Routine (bath, brush teeth, read a book, relaxing yoga poses, guided visualization, then sleep)
- includes rationale behind why each yoga pose was chosen. (note: for safety purposes with the kids with special needs I work with, I will be sticking with Legs up the Wall vs. a Shoulderstand)
- love that she talks about being flexible & meeting kids where they are.
- the “Peace Breath” is a fabulous idea…. combining a relaxing breath with an affirmation!
- love that she recommends Imaginations: Fun Relaxation Stories and Meditations for Kids (one of my faves!)
- love that it comes in formats for visual & auditory learners. I read the manual first & then listened to the audio. I’m usually more of a visual learner but in this case the audio helped really reinforce the concepts. The audio portion elaborates on the content in the manual. The video of the yoga routine will be especially helpful for parents & caregivers who may not be familiar with yoga.
- the guided visualization mp3 will be great to use during a bedtime yoga routine or during Savasana in a kids yoga class.
- the eye pillow looks fun to make! (note: please keep in mind any allergies or sensory sensitivities before selecting what to fill it with and whether or not to use any essential oils)
Website: http://mypeacefulplayground.com/, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MyPeacefulPlayground, Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/mypeacefulplay/ & Twitter: https://twitter.com/MyPeacefulPlay
Purchase this online training package on their website. As part of National Sleep Awareness Week 2013, they are offering a $10.00 discount on this online training. Use discount code: Sleep10.
Upon purchase you will receive three e-mails (an e-mail confirming your purchase, a shipping confirmation (even though nothing is being shipped in this case) & a third e-mail providing you with downloading instructions and your personal link. It took about 20 minutes to receive the third e-mail when I took the course. Their website states “On occasions it may take a few minutes to hours to receive your personal downloadable link. Thank you for your understanding. In the meantime, join us in Peace Breath – take a deep breath in through your nose and allow your soft exhale breath to tickle across your lips as you whisper “peace.” Take a few Peace Breaths and your downloadable instructions will arrive in your email box.”
More info about sleep: children and sleep
Disclaimer: I received free access to the online course to facilitate my review. Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp.
How to enter the giveaway:
- Required Entry Method: Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids – Contests & Giveaways Facebook page (http://a.pgtb.me/plpbTf) & mention why this training package would be helpful to you (comments must be in English; must include full first & last name; must use respectful people-first language, 1 entry per person).
- Bonus Entry Options: Like both the My Peaceful Playground & the OMazing Kids Facebook page (comment here on this blog post to let me know you did). Facebook fans of both pages are entitled to the following bonus entry options:
- Share this review on Facebook & include a @OMazing Kids to tag my page – limit 1/day
- Tweet the #kidsyoga #giveaway on Twitter with @amoorad & @MyPeacefulPlay links – limit 1/day
- Helpful Info & Tips: I use the “Giveaways” tab because it saves me the step having to obtain your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail. FYI…. I use a free app from Shortstack for that tab and have no control over technical difficulties either on their end or on Facebook. The Facebook tab may not work on a cell phone. If you experience that, try again on a computer. In the event that you experience difficulties with the FB entry tab, please e-mail me specific details so I can attempt to fix it. E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org . The entry deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of OMazing Kids in the event of prolonged entry tab problems
- Examples of “people-first” language are “children with autism” vs. “autistic children”and “children with disabilities” vs. “disabled children” (see more examples at: http://www.inclusionproject.org/nip_userfiles/file/People%20First%20Chart.pdf)
Entry Deadline: Enter by any of the methods listed above by 11:59pm CST on March 11, 2013 .
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- Only USA & Canada entries are being allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook or e-mail may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- One (1) winner will be chosen via a drawing of valid entries on March 12, 2013.
- The winner will receive a code for free access to the downloadable training package. Any questions about how to download the training should be directed to the company at email@example.com.
- The winner will be notified via e-mail, will be posted on the blog post & will be posted on the OMazing Kids Facebook page. The company offering the prize may also post the winner’s name on their website, blog, Facebook page and/or other social media sites at their discretion.
- Prize Value: $39.00
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a downloadable course but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.