Looking for a fun way to introduce kids to the idea of doing yoga? Check out the great new book “Every Body Does Yoga” by Lynn Eddy, Illustrated by Ali Lenehan!
About the Book
Lucy wants to go to her mom’s yoga class but then learns that she doesn’t need a class in order to do yoga. Throughout the day, Lucy’s mom points out when Lucy’s body is in a yoga pose. Lucy then sees that every body does yoga, even her dolls and stuffed animals!
38 pages, Paperback size: 8.5 x 8.5 x 0.1 inches; Hardcover size: 8.5 x 5.5 x 0.2 inches
A sneek-peek inside the book:
What I Love About the Book:
- I love that it is written from the child’s perspective.
- Love the concept of showing kids how every day movements mimic yoga poses. Poses mentioned & depicted in the book: downward facing dog, cat, forward fold, half spinal twist, seated forward fold, hero, lotus, & corpse. Some of her toys are depicted in yoga poses (boat, easy, staff & plank). The book also shows warrior 2, chair, and describes belly breathing and the importance of drinking water.
- Large simple text is easy to read.
- Love the simple description of yoga & its benefits in terms that kids will be able to understand.
- Love the whimsical illustrations.
- While I love the concept of showing how we do “yoga” in how our body moves every day, it would have been nice to have seen a mention at the end of the book and/or on the author’s website that yoga classes specifically designed for kids do exist.
Available for purchase on the author’s website: http://sbpra.com/lynneddy/,
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/every-body-does-yoga-lynn-eddy/1107764711?ean=9781618970077&itm=1&usri=every+body+does+yoga
Prices at the time of this post: Paperback $14.00, Hardback $25.50, Kindle edition: $9.99, NOOK Book edition: $9.99
Author’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Every-Body-Does-Yoga/271053786248278
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own.
How to enter the giveaway:
- Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids FB page (http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsYoga?v=app_197602066931325) & mention how you would be using the book with your child or the children you work with. The details provided will help determine the 1st place & 2nd place winners. (comments must be in English; must include full first & last name; 1 entry per Facebook account).
- For one additional entry, leave a comment on this blog post. Must mention how you would be using the book with your child or the children you work with. The details provided will help determine the 1st place & 2nd place winners. (comments must be in English; 1 entry per person; must have a valid e-mail address)
- Tips: You increase your odds of winning by entering via both methods. Entering via the “Giveaways” tab will save me the step of having to obtain your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail.
Entry Deadline: Enter by any of the methods listed above by 11:59pm CST on May 21, 2012.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- International entries are being allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Two (2) winners will be chosen via a random drawing of valid entries on May 22 , 2012. The details provided in those entries will help determine the 1st place & 2nd place winners.
- The 1st place winner will receive one (1) hardback copy of the book. The 2nd place winner will receive one (1) paperback copy of the book.
- The winners will be notified via e-mail and will be posted on the blog post.
- If a winner only entered via blog post, their mailing address will be obtained via e-mail.
- In the event that a winner does not respond within 24 hours, a new winner will be selected via a random drawing.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the company and they will be mailing the book directly to the winner.
- Prize Value: Paperback $14.00, Hardback $25.50
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a kids yoga book but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the wavy divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.