Product Details: Cosmic Kids Yoga – Series 1 DVD. Fun yoga stories for kids aged 3 to 8. (2012). Three fun interactive kids yoga adventures. Welcome to the world of Cosmic Kids Yoga – a world of happiness, adventure and fun. Wonderful storytelling combines with yoga movement to help kids have fun, keep fit and feel great. Engaging stories bring to life simple lessons for a happy life. All stories feature yoga-based movement for confidence, concentration and calm. Three magical 15-minute episodes presented by Jaime from Cosmic Kids Yoga:
- Squish The Fish: meet Squish the Fish, a Californian surfer dude, who takes us on an ocean adventure and helps us learn about being independent
- Parsnip The Cat: come on a circus adventure with a friendly acrobatic cat Parsnip. She’s a tightrope walker who teaches us all about staying focused by not being distracted by naughty Meldrum the Mouse
- Kickapoo The Kangaroo: an exciting adventure in Australia with bright and brave Kickapoo the Kangaroo. She’s a picture of gentle confidence and helps us learn to say hello
Kids copy the moves that Jaime does and enjoy the adventure. Cosmic Kids Yoga stories help kids grow up happy, healthy and calm – and have lots of fun along the way.
List Price: $15.49
Where to Purchase: In USA & Canada, available on Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Cosmic-Kids-Yoga-Series-stories/dp/B009E8C05M (in Europe & rest of world: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cosmic-Kids-Yoga-Series-DVD/dp/B009VFZ49W)
Here’s what I love about this DVD:
- Each yoga story starts & ends in the same way. This predictability is great for young kids.
- Jaime has a high energy level and is fun and engaging. Who else could rock a pink adult onesie?
- Great creative storytelling.
- Incorporates familiar songs & other singing as she does poses. This is a great way to tap into multiple learning styles!
- Cute animated backgrounds. I like the new under the sea background on Squish the Fish compared to the Youtube version.
- Lots of repetition of poses in each story and across the stories. This is great for young kids.
- Fun variations on poses! Great kid-friendly take on sun salutations. I got lots of new ideas for my OMazing Kids classes 🙂
- Incorporates kid-friendly messages about being brave, focused & friendly. Love the message in Kickapoo the Kangaroo…. “get to know people before making a judgement about them”!
- Brief Savasana relaxation at the end of each yoga story.
- Easy to navigate intro screen on the DVD would make it easy for kids to select the yoga story they want.
The only suggestion I have for improvement is that the pace is a bit fast at times. The fast pace will be great to give kids a way to work off extra energy. However, it could be difficult for some kids with special needs or slow processing to keep up. Some kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders or Sensory Processing Disorder could become overwhelmed by the sensory input of the fast auditory input combined with an animated background.
Check out their Youtube channel to see all of their fun videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga/videos
They are also on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cosmic-Kids/223487707770690 & Twitter: https://twitter.com/jaimestweets.
I LOVE Jaime’s commitment to providing free full-length access to her videos via her Youtube channel! It’s a great way to get lots of kids interested in yoga. Check out this info from their website:
“In November 2012, children in 140 countries watched Cosmic Kids Yoga adventures for free. Each story is 15 minutes long – and, since we uploaded our first video in May 2012, more than one and a half million minutes of our adventures have been yoga’d along to. We are blown away by what technology can do!
We hope we can do this for many more years to come, and will develop more stories for kids to follow for free, so that they can continue to imitate a mermaid going ‘ooh la la’ while they do a twist , and strengthen their bodies by being a crab playing football.”
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own. Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp.
How to enter the giveaway:
- Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids – Contests & Giveaways Facebook page (http://a.pgtb.me/plpbTf) & mention how you would be using this DVD. (comments must be in English; must include full first & last name; must use respectful people-first language, 1 entry per Facebook account).
- For one additional entry, leave a comment on this blog post. Must mention how you would be using this DVD. If you only enter via blog post comment, you must also send me an e-mail with your mailing address (send to email@example.com). You will not need to do this if you also entered via the Enter Contests Here…. tab on Facebook since your address will be provided on that entry (comments must be in English; 1 entry per person; must use respectful people-first language, must have a valid e-mail address)
- Helpful Info & Tips: You increase your odds of winning by entering via both methods. Entering via the “Giveaways” tab will save you the step of e-mailing me your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail. FYI…. I use a free app from Shortstack for that tab and have no control over technical difficulties either on their end or on Facebook. In the event that you experience difficulties with the tab you can submit an entry via e-mail providing your full name, e-mail address, mailing address, how you would be using the DVD. E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately Facebook rules prohibit me from accepting entries directly from posts or comments on Facebook.
- Examples of “people-first” language are “children with autism” vs. “autistic children”and “children with disabilities” vs. “disabled children” (see more examples at: http://www.inclusionproject.org/nip_userfiles/file/People%20First%20Chart.pdf)
Entry Deadline: Enter by any of the methods listed above by 11:59pm CST on January 14 , 2013.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- USA & Canada entries are being allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook or e-mail may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Two (2) winners will be chosen via a random drawing of valid entries on January 15, 2013.
- The winners will each receive one (1) copy of the DVD.
- The winner will be notified via e-mail and will be posted on the blog post.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the company and they will be mailing the prize directly to the winner.
- Prize Value: $15.49
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a DVD but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.