Product Details: Yoga Adventures with Down Dog is a 16-minute DVD where children will learn not only yoga postures, but also the alphabet, letter recognition, and spelling as well. Kids will delight in singing yoga songs, practicing simple yoga poses, and using letters of the alphabet to have fun and feel great while developing life skills at the same time.
Featured yoga poses: dog, otter, grasshopper, frog, butterfly, lion, airplane, kite, easy pose & do nothing pose (savasana)
List Price: $14.95
Where to Purchase: Available on their website: http://www.abcyogaforkids.com/ (free shipping with coupon code ABCYOGA), Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/yoga-adventures-with-down-dog-teresa-anne-power/1113185272 & on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Adventures-Down-Dog-Alphabet/dp/0982258755
Here are my favorite features of this DVD:
- Fun songs
- Promotes early literacy skills including letter recognition, letter sounds & phonemic awareness
- The use of a costumed character and the short length will appeal to young kids or those at a young developmental level
- Simple poses that should be easy for young kids.
- Simple menu – just click “play”
- Would be great to pair with their other fabulous The ABCs of Yoga for Kids products: book, coloring book, yoga card deck & poster
A few screenshots:
See a preview on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2tHwaYP_r4
Find Teresa Anne Power on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-ABCs-of-Yoga-for-Kids/206037279448968, Twitter:https://twitter.com/abcyogaforkids & Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/teresapower/
Yoga Tips on her website: http://www.abcyogaforkids.com/abc/yoga-tips/
Check out several of her articles: http://www.examiner.com/childrens-health-in-los-angeles/teresa-power
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own.
How to enter the giveaway:
- Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids – Contests & Giveaways Facebook page (http://a.pgtb.me/plpbTf) & mention how you would be using this DVD. (comments must be in English; must use respectful people-first language; must include full first & last name; 1 entry per Facebook account).
- For one additional entry, leave a comment on this blog post. Must mention how you would be using this DVD. If you only enter via blog post comment, you must also send me an e-mail with your mailing address (send to email@example.com). You will not need to do this if you also entered via the Enter Contests Here…. tab on Facebook since your address will be provided on that entry (comments must be in English; must use respectful people-first language; 1 entry per person; must have a valid e-mail address)
- Helpful Info & Tips: You increase your odds of winning by entering via both methods. Entering via the “Giveaways” tab will save you the step of e-mailing me your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail. FYI…. I use a free app from Shortstack for that tab and have no control over technical difficulties either on their end or on Facebook. In the event that you experience difficulties with the tab you can submit an entry via e-mail providing your full name, e-mail address, mailing address, how you would be using the product. E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately Facebook rules prohibit me from accepting entries directly from posts or comments on Facebook.
- Examples of “people-first” language are “children with autism” vs. “autistic children”and “children with disabilities” vs. “disabled children” (see more examples at: http://www.inclusionproject.org/nip_userfiles/file/People%20First%20Chart.pdf)
Entry Deadline: Enter by any of the methods listed above by 11:59pm CST on November 24, 2012.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- Only USA & Canada entries are being allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook or e-mail may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Two (2) winners will be chosen via a random drawing of valid entries on November 25, 2012.
- Each winner will receive one (1) copy of the DVD.
- The winner will be notified via e-mail and will be posted on the blog post.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the company and they will be mailing the prize directly to the winner.
- Prize Value: $14.95
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a DVD but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the wavy divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.