This visual guide walks you through the initial set up and customization process for the TouchChat with WordPower AAC app.
*** There is one topic per page with visuals ***
It is perfect for those who are brand new to the app and want screenshots for every step in the initial set up, tips on choosing a vocabulary file and customization options to help buttons stand out.
Available for purchase on my TPT store: https://bit.ly/3rDRcT1
Want more specific details about this product?
It is a 40 page PDF that covers the following areas:
• Setting the course
• Presume Potential
• Multimodal Communication
• Involving the child to foster ownership
• Begin with the end in mind
• Core & Fringe Vocabulary
• Importance of having access to a keyboard area
• Tips for choosing a Vocabulary File
• The screen that will be seen during set up
• Screenshots and info about four robust vocab file options that are recommended
• How to copy a vocab file
• Providing the “opportunity” to try a robust vocab file
• Adjusting the settings to help the buttons stand out on the screen
• How to change the Symbol Skin Tone
• Choosing a voice
• Areas on the Home Screen
• How to find the “How To” manual within the app and on the TouchChat website
• TouchChat Users Group on Facebook
• Resources and free webinars on the TouchChat website
• Webinars specifically for parents/caregivers
• Resources on the Saltillo website
• TouchChat’s YouTube Channel
• The last page of the PDF has the link to an unlisted YouTube video (11:08) that’s provided to supplement this resource
If you want links to be clickable, please view the PDF in the free Xodo app (https://www.xodo.com), Books/iBooks app or other PDF viewer.
Have questions? The best way to reach me with any questions is via messaging on the OMazing Kids Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/. That way messages don’t get lost among the spam in my e-mail.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC, OMazing Kids AAC Consulting
Teachers Pay Teachers Store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Omazing-Kids-Aac-Consulting
Personal Professional Facebook Page (linked to OMazing Kids): https://www.facebook.com/angela.moorad (adding “friends” who have a direct role in AAC or Assistive Technology – AAC / AT app or product developers, AAC / AT consultants, SLPs who specialize in AAC, other professionals who specialize in AAC or AT, etc.)
OMazing Kids AAC Consulting Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/
AppPeeps Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OMazingKidsAppPeeps/