Check out the fabulous new Breathe In: Children’s Songs for Mindfulness and Awareness CD by Lianne Bassin! All early childhood teachers, special ed teachers, parents, child psychologists, speech-language pathologists, kids yoga teachers & anyone else working with young children will love it. Such a fabulous way to work with kids on emotions, social emotional intelligence, social skills, mindfulness, empathy & affirmations!
What I love about this CD:
- Unique catchy tunes, great beats, lovely vocals and harmonies & meaningful lyrics. Everything I love about Kindie music shines through in this CD!
- Wonderful positive messages of affirmation, empathy & mindfulness. I wish every young child could have a CD like this to counteract all the negative messages they are exposed to in today’s culture.
- “Peaceful Place” is especially calming. I have uploaded all the songs to my iPhone and will personally be listening to this one when I need a “peaceful place” break in the middle of my hectic schedule as a pediatric SLP.
- I love the concept of “Hugging Words”….. definitely will be infusing this into my social skills sessions with patients!
- The message of “Together We’re Beautiful” is especially powerful to share with kids with special needs.
- There is a nice mix of upbeat & slower songs. From a sensory perspective, several of the songs have a strong calming drum beat that my patients with Autism Spectrum Disorders tend to respond well to.
- Many of the songs have precious young kids vocals mixed in. Adorable!
- All 21 songs are wonderful…. what a great bargain to have a CD packed full of this many fabulous songs and a free activity booklet with extension activities.
Release Date: June 20, 2015
CD – 21 songs – 56:00, comes with a 12 page educational booklet that contains mindful activities, mindful moments or mindful questions for each song.
- Bye, Bye Thoughts: Introduces children to the meditation technique of noticing their thoughts and letting
- Together We’re Beautiful: Empowers children to embrace their uniqueness as well as the differences they find in others.
- I Am: Helps children see that they are connected to the larger world. Furthermore, if they treat nature with respect and thoughtfulness, the world will be a better place to live in.
- Trees: Encourages children to develop a relationship with nature and cultivate a curiosity about their surroundings.
- Mr. Bear and Birdie: Helps to instill compassion for those who are not as fortunate. If we have more than we need, it is important to share what we have with those who do not have enough.
- Monkey Brain: Encourages children to focus on what they are doing in the present moment. This is the most basic of mindfulness concepts.
- Wishing Tree: Introduces children to the idea of sending good wishes to themselves and to others. This is the idea behind the practice of loving-kindness meditation.
- Hugging Words: Helps children be more aware of the language they use toward others. Words can affect our feelings – positively or negatively.
- Love Inside My Heart: Teaches children to think about the love within them and to express their love to themselves, others, and their environment.
- Be Still: Shows children that keeping our bodies still will help us still our minds.
- Chirp Chirp: Encourages children to be sensitive to the sounds in the environment around them.
- All Our Voices: Encourages children to strengthen their teamwork and collaboration skills within their community.
- What Do I Feel?: Reminds children to be conscious of how they feel during individual moments throughout the day.
- Two of Us: Teaches children about the importance of supporting others and working together as a team.
- Check In: Teaches children that taking time to notice their thoughts and feelings (‘checking in’) from time to time throughout the day can help them have more self-control.
- 10 White Doves: Encourages children to spread their love by doing kind things for other people.
- Peaceful Place: Helps children create an internal or external place to go when they need to calm themselves. In their peaceful place, children should feel free to take all the time they need in order to fully relax.
- Thank You: Reminds children to be thankful for what they have, and to express gratitude whenever they can.
- Listening Within: Helps children realize that thoughts and feelings change over time. Being aware of this can help them cope with their thoughts and feelings throughout the day.
- One Step at a Time: Encourages children to develop a mindful walking practice, noticing each step and feeling each part of their foot as it lowers to the ground.
- Breathe In, Breathe Out: Introduces children to the idea that they can use their breath to help settle their bodies and minds, and to help control their emotions. In doing so, they can more fully appreciate and experience everything surrounding them.
Electronic Press Kit Song Samples: https://soundcloud.com/liannebassin/sets/breathe-in-epk-playlist/s-cAKmq
Where to Order:
- iTunes: Digital Album ($9.99): https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/breathe-in-childrens-songs/id1002944882
- Amazon: (Pre-order Digital Album $8.99) http://www.amazon.com/Breathe-In-Childrens-Mindfulness-Awareness/dp/B00Z2IP5UK
- Bandcamp: CD ($15.00) & Digital Album ($10.00): https://liannebassin.bandcamp.com/album/breathe-in-childrens-songs-for-mindfulness-and-awareness
If you order via iTunes or Amazon, you can still get the fabulous booklet that goes with the CD via this download on the artist’s website: https://objects.dreamhost.com/liannebassin/pdf/BreatheInCDBooklet.pdf
She also has the lyrics on her website: https://objects.dreamhost.com/liannebassin/pdf/BreatheInLyrics.pdf
Social Media Sites:
“Breathe In ought to be in every classroom. Playful, fun, and thoughtful, Lianne’s engaging collection of songs offer children simple ways to practice mindfulness and respect for self and others. Teaching moments such as self-regulation and recognizing emotions are beautifully woven throughout the CD. Don’t be surprised if you, too, find yourself singing and dancing along!”
– Victoria Gordon, Children’s Yoga and Mindfulness Instructor
“Lianne’s music is like a guide to happiness and well-being for children. The heartwarming original and catchy songs are fun, encourage loving-kindness and positive behavior.”
– Deanie Melniker, Kindergarten Teacher
“Lianne Bassin is not only an exceptional songwriter and musician, she is an expert teacher of young children. Her focus on mindfulness and meditation coupled with her fun and engaging music appeal both to children and their parents. Raising confident and thoughtful children is not easy in our fast-paced world, Lianne and her music are the perfect remedy. Listening to her music and songs is an enjoyable way to foster your children’s development.”
– Allyson Hentei-Koplin, Ph.D., Child Psychologist
“Lianne’s songs are ideal for my special needs students. The social/emotional emphasis is aligned with the needs of the special needs K-5 population as well as general education students. The songs are fun, clear and sweet. Lianne’s songs have impacted me as much as Free to Be You and Me did some 40 years ago.”
-Marci Pepper, Special Educator
About the Artist:
New York-based children’s musician Lianne Bassin is known as a bridge-builder between worlds. A singer-songwriter since the age of 5, she has used her background as singer, early childhood teacher, and yoga instructor to create opportunities for children to learn mindfulness. Understanding the importance of cultivating awareness and appreciation of self and others in children of all ages, Bassin started writing a few guided meditation songs. After witnessing the overwhelmingly positive effects they had on her students, she began to write more songs and share her music with other classroom teachers and parents.
In February 2014, Lianne was awarded a grant from Rodeph Sholom School to record a children’s album focused on mindfulness. Breathe In: Children’s Songs for Mindfulness and Awareness inspires mindfulness as a way of living, helping children to pay attention to themselves, others, and their surroundings. Teachers, counselors, and parents are already using Breathe In to teach children about mindfulness, in a fun and engaging way. She hopes that you too can internalize the messages conveyed in her music, and help pass them along to the next generation!
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own. Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp.
Worldwide entries are allowed for this giveaway.
The artist specified one winner to be selected within the USA & one winner to be selected outside the USA.
This giveaway is now CLOSED. Congratulations to the winners:
USA: Jennifer Ziolko in Oregon
Outside USA: Hayley Sanderson in the UK.
Easy Entry Form:
Only entries with all required information will be valid. The info comes to me directly via e-mail & is ONLY used for the purposes of selecting winners and distributing prizes.
- Helpful Info & Tips: Folks had requested a simpler entry option. I tried Rafflecopter but most folks did not enter an address so now I’m trying this online contact form instead. I will be hand selecting winners to insure products end up in the hands of folks who will put them to the best use. Briefly tell me how winning this would help you & the kids. I take the time to read each entry so details count. It doesn’t have to be lengthy…. just heart-felt.
- If you experience any problems with the entry form in this blog post, please e-mail me specific details so I can attempt to fix it. E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org . The entry deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of OMazing Kids in the event of prolonged entry problems.
- Each “giveaway” is handled separately on OMazing Kids. So there are no rules prohibiting previous winners from entering this or future giveaways. I really do read every entry in every giveaway carefully to insure that the products end up in the best hands to impact kids lives.
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm CST on June 19, 2015.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- One entry per person.
- Worldwide entries are allowed for this giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via entries may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Only entries with all required information will be valid.
- The winners will be chosen from valid entries on June 20, 2015.
2 winners will each receive one copy of this CD.
- The winner will be notified via e-mail, their name will be posted on the blog post & will be posted on the OMazing Kids Facebook page. The company offering the prize may also post the winner’s name on their website, blog, Facebook page and/or other social media sites at their discretion.
- The prize will be mailed to the winner using the address submitted in the entry form. OMazing Kids is not responsible for items lost in the mail or for inaccuracies in the mailing address or phone number. I copy & paste the info directly from what you submit << so PLEASE proof read your entry for accuracy before submitting it…. in the era of iPhone auto correction these errors happen pretty frequently>>
- The winner’s address & phone number will be forwarded to the company and they will be mailing the prizes directly to the winners.
- After I e-mail the winner’s info to the company, it is their responsibility to mail out prizes. Please contact them first if you are concerned about not receiving a prize. If that does not resolve the problem, then feel free to e-mail me and I will glad to assist in whatever way I can.
Prize Value: $15.00
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a kids mindfulness CD but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff… This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties. Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Speech-Language Pathologist Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
AppPeeps Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OMazingKidsAppPeeps/
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
Boardmaker Share: http://www.boardmakershare.com/Community/FriendsProfile/10916/Angela-Moorad
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar or any ads or unusual hyperlinks that may appear above. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.