Check out the fun new addition to the OMazing Kids library… “You and Me” by Susan Verde! Then enter the giveaway below.
- Age Range: 5 and up
- Grade Level: Kindergarten and up
- Hardcover: 32 pages
- Publisher: Harry N. Abrams; 1 edition (January 6, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1419711970
- ISBN-13: 978-1419711978
- Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 0.2 x 8.5 inches
Here’s what I love about this book:
- theme of lasting friendship
- short rhyming text on each page
- lots of descriptive language & unique vocabulary (ex: unfold, linger, fetch, serendipity, sublime, etc..)
- fun use of cats with human-like qualities as the characters
- lovely illustrations by Peter H. Reynolds (always a fave at OMazing Kids!)
The book has the following opportunities for kids yoga: rooftop partners pose, cat, dusting stretch, bed, flower, eyes around clock eye yoga, lingering mindfulness activity, thunder & rain, bicycle pedaling, clouds, blowing wind breath, standing star, two-as-one partner poses, rock (child’s pose). Use the “Special Friend” Imagination Vacation card from the Yoga 4 Classrooms Activity Card Deck as a lovely guided relaxation script during Savasana. Deepen the friendship theme by using several of the cards from the Harmony Cards for Kids or other character education materials to discuss the virtues that contribute to being a good friend.
A sneak peek at a couple of pages inside the book.
See this post for info about Susan’s first book & other Peter H. Reynolds books: https://omazingkidsllc.com/2013/07/06/inspiring-kids-creativity-with-books-art-movement/
Check out this sneak peek at Susan & Peter’s next collaboration due out in 2016: http://www.susanverde.com/book/the-water-princess/
Best friends valentines printable (click pic to open PDF):
Looking for Valentine’s Day themed ideas? Check out this post:
Worldwide entries allowed for this giveaway
This giveaway is closed. Congratulations to Becky Dixon from the UK 🙂
Easy Entry Form:
Only entries with all required information will be valid. The info comes to me directly via e-mail & is ONLY used for the purposes of selecting winners and distributing prizes.
- Helpful Info & Tips: Folks had requested a simpler entry option. I tried Rafflecopter but most folks did not enter an address so now I’m trying this online contact form instead. I will be hand selecting winners to insure products end up in the hands of folks who will put them to the best use. Briefly tell me how winning this would help you & the kids. I take the time to read each entry so details count. It doesn’t have to be lengthy…. just heart-felt.
- If you experience any problems with the entry form in this blog post, please e-mail me specific details so I can attempt to fix it. E-mail to: email@example.com . The entry deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of OMazing Kids in the event of prolonged entry problems.
- Each “giveaway” is handled separately on OMazing Kids. So there are no rules prohibiting previous winners from entering this or future giveaways. I really do read every entry in every giveaway carefully to insure that the products end up in the best hands to impact kids lives.
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm CST on February 14, 2015 .
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- One entry per person.
- Worldwide entries are allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via entries may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Only entries with all required information will be valid.
- The winner will be chosen from valid entries on February 15, 2015.
1 winner will receive 1 copy of the book described above + 1 original watercolor of the two “You & Me” cats – signed and dedicated to the winner by Peter H. Reynolds
- The winner will be notified via e-mail, will be posted on the blog post & will be posted on the OMazing Kids Facebook page. The company offering the prize may also post the winner’s name on their website, blog, Facebook page and/or other social media sites at their discretion.
- The prize will be mailed to the winner using the address submitted in the entry form. OMazing Kids is not responsible for items lost in the mail or for inaccuracies in the mailing address. I copy & paste the info directly from what you submit << so PLEASE proof read your entry for accuracy before submitting it…. in the era of iPhone auto correction these errors happen pretty frequently>>
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the author and she will be mailing the prizes directly to the winners. After I e-mail the winner’s info to the company, it is their responsibility to mail out prizes. Please contact them first if you are concerned about not receiving a prize. If that does not resolve the problem, then feel free to e-mail me and I will glad to assist in whatever way I can.
Prize Value: $14.95 + an original watercolor from Peter H. Reynolds
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a book but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff… This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties. Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the hearts divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.