Check out the fun new addition to the OMazing Kids library… “Lucinda’s Magical Yoga Adventure” by Betty Larrea! Then enter the giveaway below.
Here’s what I love about this book:
- It’s written from a child’s perspective. This will help children be able to relate to the character and lends itself well to verbally repeating portions of the book as affirmations.
- Gorgeous colorful illustrations.
- Simple rhyming text in a large easy to read font.
- Includes 10 kids yoga poses, 1 breathing activity & a relaxation at the end. All the poses included are appropriate for the targeted audience. I may use Upward Facing Dog in place of Down Dog and may modify Bridge pose depending on the diagnoses of the kids in my OMazing Kids therapeutic yoga classes. The poses are easy ones and depicted well in the illustrations. However, those who are new to kids yoga may want to get additional info about how to do the poses and balloon breathing & find ideas for a relaxation script to incorporate into Savasana relaxation at the end by checking out the info on Betty’s blog: http://www.beyogabelove.com/blog/. Love her simple Cloud Guided Relaxation Script: “Close your eyes and imagine that you are lying on a puffy white cloud. You’re all snuggled into the cloud, which is like a comfy blankie made of cotton balls. You can feel the sunlight on your skin, as the cloud takes you higher and higher into the bright, blue sky. With each breath, feel yourself sinking deeper into a state of peaceful relaxation. You feel a deep happiness and love in your heart for the people in your life and the world you are a part of. This feeling washes over you and radiates out to all parts of your body and mind and beyond…like a beautiful light shining out from your heart to the whole world…“
A sneak peek at a few pages inside the book. I scanned these pages so the colors are not showing up quite as vivid & rich as they are in the book but I wanted to at least give you a “feel” for the book: .
(Update: Well I guess you’ll just have to head to the author’s website. She indicated she’ll be adding a preview there)
Only USA entries allowed for this giveaway due to shipping costs.
This giveaway in now CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner: Amanda Daley in Downingtown, PA.
Easy Entry Form:
Only entries with all required information will be valid. The info comes to me directly via e-mail & is ONLY used for the purposes of selecting winners and distributing prizes.
- Helpful Info & Tips: Folks had requested a simpler entry option. I tried Rafflecopter but most folks did not enter an address so now I’m trying this online contact form instead. I will be hand selecting winners to insure products end up in the hands of folks who will put them to the best use. Briefly tell me how winning this would help you & the kids. I take the time to read each entry so details count. It doesn’t have to be lengthy…. just heart-felt.
- If you experience any problems with the entry form in this blog post, please e-mail me specific details so I can attempt to fix it. E-mail to: email@example.com . The entry deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of OMazing Kids in the event of prolonged entry problems.
- Each “giveaway” is handled separately on OMazing Kids. So there are no rules prohibiting previous winners from entering this or future giveaways. I really do read every entry in every giveaway carefully to insure that the products end up in the best hands to impact kids lives.
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm CST on January 5, 2015 .
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- One entry per person.
- Only USA entries are allowed for this particular giveaway due to shipping costs.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via entries may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Only entries with all required information will be valid.
- The winner will be chosen from valid entries on January 6, 2015.
1 winner will receive 1 copy of the book described above.
- The winner will be notified via e-mail, will be posted on the blog post & will be posted on the OMazing Kids Facebook page. The company offering the prize may also post the winner’s name on their website, blog, Facebook page and/or other social media sites at their discretion.
- The prize will be mailed to the winner using the address submitted in the entry form. OMazing Kids is not responsible for items lost in the mail or for inaccuracies in the mailing address. I copy & paste the info directly from what you submit << so PLEASE proof read your entry for accuracy before submitting it…. in the era of iPhone auto correction these errors happen pretty frequently>>
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the author and she will be mailing the prizes directly to the winners. After I e-mail the winner’s info to the company, it is their responsibility to mail out prizes. Please contact them first if you are concerned about not receiving a prize. If that does not resolve the problem, then feel free to e-mail me and I will glad to assist in whatever way I can.
Prize Value: $16.99
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a kids yoga book but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff… This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties. Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize. Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2 Speech-Language Pathologist Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness & educational activities for kids of all abilities Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsYoga Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/amoorad YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/amoorad1 Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/OMazingKids/ Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/#omazing-kids-yoga Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/110305433538768736741 Boardmaker Share: http://www.boardmakershare.com/Community/FriendsProfile/10916/Angela-Moorad Blog: http://omazingkidsllc.com
. OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings. NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the wavy blue divider bar or any ads or unusual hyperlinks that may appear above. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here. I have attempted to remove the CouponDropDown but no luck so far…. DO NOT click on any hyperlinks unless you hover above them first to insure they are valid. Ones I included should appear in blue font.