Imaginations: Fun Relaxation Stories and Guided Imagery for Kids 2
The second book in the Imaginations series, Imaginations 2: Relaxation Stories and Guided Imagery for Kids is an essential resource for every parent and teacher who wants to help children learn to calm their bodies and relax their minds.
The benefits of relaxation for kids include:
*Better concentration and focus
*Enhanced ability to learn
*Improved behavior and sleep
Learning to relax is important for people of all ages, and children who can relax are more prepared to handle big changes in their lives. Relaxation stories and guided imagery can also help ease symptoms associated with ADD, ADHD, autism, depression, and sleep disorders.
Wildly imaginative and beautiful illustrations accompany the whimsical stories of Imaginations 2, which teaches children a fun way to relax that makes their minds calm and their bodies feel good.
- Series: Imaginations
- Paperback: 58 pages
- Publisher: Bambino Yoga; 1 edition (September 15, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0990732207
- ISBN-13: 978-0990732204
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.1 x 11 inches
Relaxation Story Titles:
- Tight and Soft (Progressive Relaxation)
- A Fall Day
- Rainbow Flower Garden
- The Thunder Drum
- The End of the Rainbow
- Nighttime Animal Adventure
- Lavender Fields
- Rainbow Bubbles
- Dinosaur Friend
- In the Desert
- Making Chocolate
- More Loving Kindness
What I LOVE about this book:
- Includes 18 relaxation scripts specifically written for kids. The scripts are short and based on kid-friendly themes. Most of these are themes commonly used in kids yoga classes so this book is sure to become a loved & well used resource!
- These relaxation scripts will also be helpful in my work as a Speech-Language Pathologist. Many of the kids I see have high levels of anxiety and often have difficulty sleeping. I often incorporate relaxation techniques into my sessions, especially for kids with Autism, Asperger’s, ADHD & Stuttering.
- The scripts are free of any wording that have religious connotations which makes them easy to use in any setting.
- Each 2-page spread has a script & a full page illustration. The illustrations capture the essence of the script and many have a “retro” feel to them. I love having a picture to show kids before I read a relaxation script. Many of the kids I work with have special needs and relate well to visuals.
- Large easy to read text.
- Great additional info in the introduction sections. Love the simplified intro written specifically for kids!
- Includes pictures & instructions for four yoga poses as prep for relaxation (knee hug, happy baby, legs up & starfish savasana) and five breathing games (Hoberman Sphere, heart breath, yawning breath, humming breath & buzzing bee breath)
A sneek-peek inside the book. Since there were not any pics on Amazon of any of the actual relaxation stories, I scanned this but masked out most of the text. It will at least give you a “feel” for what the stories are like:
You can also get a “feel” for what these relaxation stories are like by looking at screenshot from Amazon on the review for the first book in this series (see link below) .
Lots of great info about the benefits of relaxation & ideas for times to incorporate brief relaxation breaks throughout the day:
I love both of the author’s books and hope she continues to add more in the series! Also looking forward to the audio versions coming soon 🙂
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BambinoYoga & http://www.facebook.com/imaginationsforkids
Price at the time of this post: $19.99 (Amazon on sale for 28% off – $14.39. Also a Kindle version for 65% off – $6.99)
Available for purchase on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Imaginations-Relaxation-Stories-Guided-Imagery/dp/0990732207
Both books and a few individual relaxation stories PDFs can also be purchased on the author’s website: http://bambinoyoga.com/shop/. A couple of “freebies” are still available as PDFs on her old website: http://www.imaginationsforkids.com/freebies/
See info about the first book in this series in this review: https://omazingkidsllc.com/2012/08/26/review-giveaway-imaginations-fun-relaxation-stories-and-meditations-for-kids/
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the wavy divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.