Product Description: Every living thing in nature has its own inner wisdom. Within a tiny seed is the wisdom of how to grow into a strong tall tree. Birds have the wisdom to fly and spiders innately know how to spin elaborate webs. All of nature contains this innate knowledge and it is not taught, it is simply known. Since we are part of nature, we contain this wisdom as well. Through the use of rhyming verse and 48 pages of brilliant illustrations, parents and children re-discover their wisdom within. Happiness, joy and compassion are our birthright. It is how we always hope to live each day. When we connect to our inner knowing, we are limitless and full of potential. At the end of the story, there are child-friendly, illustrated yoga poses and mindful meditations relating to the elements of nature contained in the story. Parents are provided with an easy to use guide to introduce movement, breath and meditation to their child in a fun, creative and interactive way. A book for all ages. A message for a lifetime.
- Paperback: 48 pages
- Publisher: Zensational Kids, LLC (2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0991284305
- ISBN-13: 978-0991284306
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 8 x 0.3 inches
Here’s what I love about this book:
- Wonderful positive message that kids of ALL abilities should hear! I am especially excited to have this book in my toolbox of things to use in my work as a pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist and Kids Yoga Teacher at the JD McCarty Center for Children with Developmental Disabilities. Many of the kids we see struggle with self confidence & anxiety related to their special needs.
- Beautiful rhyming text with just a few words in a large easy-to-read font on each page.
- Lovely colorful hand drawn illustrations on each 2-page spread.
- The size of the book will make it easy to use even in group settings.
- There are no religious connotations and the illustrations of people depict diversity which allow this book to be used in a wide range of settings.
- 9 kids yoga poses are included at the end of the book with photos and kid-friendly instructions. As a SLP, I love how the author includes extension questions for each pose to get kids thinking as they are moving!
- 2 short guided relaxation scripts are included at the end of the book (“I Am Happy” & “Amazing Me”).
A peek inside the book:
About the author: Allison Morgan has been working with children of all abilities for over 2 decades as an occupational therapist and a registered yoga instructor. As the founder of Zensational Kids, LLC she develops educational programs, which integrate yoga and mindfulness into therapeutic and educational environments in order to support well being for learning and living. She is also a facilitator for The Radiant Child Yoga Program and trained directly with the founder Shakta Kaur Khalsa.
Be sure to check out the author’s website: http://zensationalkids.com/
& “like” her kids yoga Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Zensationalkids. She frequently shares fun ideas for kids yoga!
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own. Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp.
Only USA entries allowed for this giveaway.
Easy Entry Form:
Only entries with all required information will be valid. The info comes to me directly via e-mail & is ONLY used for the purposes of selecting winners and distributing prizes.
- Helpful Info & Tips: Folks had requested a simpler entry option. I tried Rafflecopter but most folks did not enter an address so now I’m trying this online contact form instead. I will be hand selecting winners to insure products end up in the hands of folks who will put them to the best use. Briefly tell me how winning this would help you & the kids. I take the time to read each entry so details count. It doesn’t have to be lengthy…. just heart-felt.
- If you experience any problems with the entry form in this blog post, please e-mail me specific details so I can attempt to fix it. E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org . The entry deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of OMazing Kids in the event of prolonged entry problems.
- Each “giveaway” is handled separately on OMazing Kids. So there are no rules prohibiting previous winners from entering this or future giveaways. I really do read every entry in every giveaway carefully to insure that the products end up in the best hands to impact kids lives.
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm CST on September 16, 2014.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- One entry per person.
- Only USA entries are allowed for this particular giveaway (due to international shipping costs).
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via entries may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Only entries with all required information will be valid.
- The winner will be chosen from valid entries on September 17, 2014 .
1 winner will receive one copy of this book
- The winner will be notified via e-mail, will be posted on the blog post & will be posted on the OMazing Kids Facebook page. The company offering the prize may also post the winner’s name on their website, blog, Facebook page and/or other social media sites at their discretion.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the author and she will be mailing the prizes directly to the winners. After I e-mail the winner’s info to the company, it is their responsibility to mail out prizes. Please contact them first if you are concerned about not receiving a prize. If that does not resolve the problem, then feel free to e-mail me and I will glad to assist in whatever way I can.
Prize Value: $14.95
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a kids book but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar or any ads or unusual hyperlinks that may appear above. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here. I have attempted to remove the CouponDropDown but no luck so far…. DO NOT click on any hyperlinks unless you hover above them first to insure they are valid. Ones I included should appear in blue font.