Product Description: Rainbow Walk (Fun, Peaceful Meditations and Relaxations for Children Ages 3-8) & You Are Made of Energy (Guided Meditations and Relaxations for Children Ages 9-14) are two new downloadable albums of guided meditations and relaxations backed by soothing and uplifting music to help children stay connected to who they truly are. Checka Antifonario & Shakta Khalsa collaborated on this project with the intention that these audio albums would be a lovely balance between communicating in a way that honors children’s depth and wisdom and giving them tools that are fun and totally relevant to their lives and interests.
Here’s what I LOVE about these guided relaxations:
- Lovely calming voices….. I’ve heard LOTS of guided relaxation CD’s and the voice quality is very important for creating a calming atmosphere.
- Awesome background instrumental music….. again very important for creating the calming atmosphere.
- Good length for the targeted ages. You can see the length of individual tracks on the picture of the two album covers above. Very young children or those with short attention spans may do best starting with the shortest relaxations or you could just use a portion of a relaxation and build from there.
- Each guided relaxation is full of positive imagery and positive messages.
- I love that the Rainbow Walk album includes a Fruit Mindfulness activity! I love doing this with the patients I see in OMazing Kids Yoga at the JD McCarty Center. Please remember that it’s important to know about any food allergies or dietary restrictions before using food in a classroom or group setting. See this post on how I incorporate this type of activity.
- There are no religious connotations which make these downloads appropriate in a wide variety of settings (I have to be particularly sensitive to this based on the setting I work in).
- I love that they have made the guided relaxations available as individual mp3’s! This makes it easy for folks to buy one and try it with their own child or own setting before investing in a whole album. I also love that they made them available for download on a variety of platforms…. in particular iTunes since that makes it easy to directly download to an iPhone, iPod or iPad without having to be synced with a computer.
These guided relaxations would be fabulous for parents to use as part of a relaxation program for a child with anxiety, autism or other special needs, for teachers to use as a relaxation activity to center and calm their classroom & for kids yoga teachers to use as part of Savasana at the end of a class. And these guided relaxations are really “universal” in their use. There is nothing “kiddie” about them and would also be fabulous for adults to use as part of a relaxation break. I have them all loaded on my iPhone ready for just that purpose 🙂
I made some printable picture cards to go with these guided relaxations. I use cards like this as way to give the patients with developmental disabilities I see in OMazing Kids Yoga at the JD McCarty Center a way to choose a relaxation and to have a visual to set the theme. : Visual Cards to go with Guided Relaxation Albums from Checka and Shakta at RCY
About the creators:
Checka Antifonario, E-RYT, RCYT, RCY Teacher Trainer, is a full time adult yoga instructor and children’s yoga specialist based in the greater Boston area. She also runs Radiant Child Yoga Teacher Trainings both locally and throughout the U.S.: http://www.checkayoga.com/Home.html
Shakta Khalsa, R-RYT 500, began practicing yoga in 1972, and has been practicing and teaching Kundalini Yoga since 1976. She is the founder of Radiant Child Yoga and is an internationally recognized teacher of yoga for both adults and children, having taught extensively at conferences and gatherings of a thousand or more for the past 40 years. http://shaktakaurkhalsa.com/ & http://childrensyoga.com/
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own. Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp.
International entries allowed for this giveaway.
Easy Entry Form:
Only entries with all required information will be valid. The info comes to me directly via e-mail & is ONLY used for the purposes of selecting winners and distributing prizes.
- Helpful Info & Tips: Folks had requested a simpler entry option. I tried Rafflecopter but most folks did not enter an address so now I’m trying this online contact form instead. I will be hand selecting winners to insure products end up in the hands of folks who will put them to the best use. Briefly tell me how winning this would help you & the kids. I take the time to read each entry so details count. It doesn’t have to be lengthy…. just heart-felt.
- If you experience any problems with the entry form in this blog post, please e-mail me specific details so I can attempt to fix it. E-mail to: email@example.com . The entry deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of OMazing Kids in the event of prolonged entry problems.
- Each “giveaway” is handled separately on OMazing Kids. So there are no rules prohibiting previous winners from entering this or future giveaways. I really do read every entry in every giveaway carefully to insure that the products end up in the best hands to impact kids lives.
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm CST on August 8, 2014.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- One entry per person.
- International entries are allowed for this particular giveaway (due to it being a downloadable product).
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via entries may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Only entries with all required information will be valid.
- The winners will be chosen from valid entries on August 9, 2014.
10 winners will each receive their choice of 1 of the album downloads
- The winner will be notified via e-mail, will be posted on the blog post & will be posted on the OMazing Kids Facebook page. The company offering the prize may also post the winner’s name on their website, blog, Facebook page and/or other social media sites at their discretion.
- The winner’s e-mail address will be forwarded to Checka she will be e-mailing the prizes directly to the winners. After I e-mail the winner’s info to the company, it is their responsibility to mail out prizes. Please contact them first if you are concerned about not receiving a prize. If that does not resolve the problem, then feel free to e-mail me and I will glad to assist in whatever way I can.
Prize Value: $9.99
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a kids guided relaxation album download but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
Boardmaker Share: http://www.boardmakershare.com/Community/FriendsProfile/10916/Angela-Moorad
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar or any ads or unusual hyperlinks that may appear above. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here. I have attempted to remove the CouponDropDown but no luck so far…. DO NOT click on any hyperlinks unless you hover above them first to insure they are valid. Ones I included should appear in blue font.
This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to the 10 winners: Jenny, Chelsea, Mary, Rachelle, Anna, Kate, Brooke, Robyn, Carolyn & Jody. Your info is being mailed to Checka so she can e-mail you a zipped file with the download you chose in your entry. Thanks to everyone who participated! I enjoyed reading all 37 entries 🙂 ~ Angela @ OMazing Kids