The new “Sport Yoga” DVD by Namaste Kid is a great combo of “sports themed” yoga with their signature distraction-free background & kid-friendly format!
- The DVD is organized into 11 chapters.
- Each chapter is a complete 3-5 minute yoga routine, identified by a colorful icon.
- You can mix-and-match chapters to create your own unique yoga experience.
- This DVD can also be played from beginning to end as a full 42-minute yoga routine.
- I LOVE the sports theme, creativity, short length of each chapter, distraction-free background, kid-friendly menu, parent info section & that it includes affirmations (I am fun! I am playful!).
- Love that this DVD also has “Cool Down” & “Yoga Rest” segments.
- If you are a kids yoga teacher, this DVD will give you some new creative ideas for yoga poses (ex: scoop up your legs to add sand onto the sand castle in flower pose, cross-crawl hike from Brain Gym as a soccer ball bounce, a modified dancer pose as a “slam dunk” in basketball, etc….). Kids yoga teacher trainings very rarely come to Oklahoma so I am always excited to find other ways to get new ideas.
See the “Kick It” chapter from the DVD on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPLvBESNaxE
Product Description: Sport Yoga engages your child in yoga poses set to their favorite sports, including basketball, baseball, and bike riding! Sport Yoga combines child-friendly yoga poses with active movement. Your child will find fun, interactive, and challenging ways to move their body right on their yoga mat. Little yogis can create their own sport activity. Little yogis can create their own sport activity. Sport Yoga contains 11 chapters. Each chapter is a complete 3-5 minute yoga routine that encourages your child to move their body. This DVD can be played from beginning to end as a full 42-minute exercise routine. Your child can also mix-and-match their favorite sports to create a custom workout. Sport Yoga simply features Sarah and her mat. Sarah leads a fun and energetic yoga practice, teaching your child the importance of keeping their body healthy and active. It’s like having a personal yoga instructor in your living room! This DVD is ideal for kids ages 3 to 8. There are also tips to help your child maximize the benefits of the DVD.
DVD Price at the time of this post: $15.99. Available for purchase on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Kids-Yoga-DVD-Sport-Children/dp/B00FP87B40 . This DVD is also part of the new Yoga Motion 3-DVD Set ($39.99): http://www.amazon.com/Kids-Yoga-DVD-3-disc-Set/dp/B00FP8G38K which will be the prize it this giveaway. I have previously reviewed the other two DVD’s in the set so be sure to check out those reviews on my blog: http://wp.me/p1t7TU-9l & http://wp.me/p1t7TU-xY.
Website: http://www.namastekid.com/products/kids-yoga-dvds/sport-yoga-dvd/. Check out the cool pose library: http://www.namastekid.com/learn/kids-yoga-poses/ & find kids yoga classes in your area: http://www.namastekid.com/learn/kids-yoga-classes/.
More about the unique “distraction-free” background: While the DVD was designed for young kids (3 to 8 years old), it also would be appropriate for older kids that need a simplified format with no distractions. I have found that this format works well with young kids short attention spans and also works well with kids who have ADHD, Autism, etc…..
Why does a “distraction-free” background matter?….
(FYI… the blue painting in the background above is a portion of “Sensory Chaos” by Donna Proctor: http://fineartamerica.com/products/sensory-chaos–autism-donna-proctor-poster.html)
Free Printable Choice Cards: I made these by taking screen shots off the DVD of the icon for each chapter. Many of the kids I work with have very limited verbal skills so I needed a way for them to be able to make a choice of what yoga adventure we should do. One of our TV’s is wall mounted so the kids can’t just point to the menu on the TV plus many of our kids can’t make a choice out of a field of 11…… but can out of a field of 2 or 3 choices. I cut my cards apart and laminated them so I can offer 2 choices at a time….. but you could also leave all choices on 1 sheet if the kids you work with can handle that many choices. (2 page PDF: Namaste Kid Sport Yoga DVD Choice Cards (2-page PDF) )
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own. Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp.
Easy Entry Form:
Only USA & Canada entries allowed for this giveaway.
Only entries with all required information will be valid. The info comes to me directly via e-mail & is ONLY used for the purposes of selecting winners and distributing prizes.
- Helpful Info & Tips: Folks had requested a simpler entry option. I tried Rafflecopter but most folks did not enter an address so now I’m trying this online contact form instead. I will be hand selecting winners to insure products end up in the hands of folks who will put them to the best use. Briefly tell me how winning this would help you & the kids. I take the time to read each entry so details count. It doesn’t have to be lengthy…. just heart-felt.
- If you experience any problems with the entry form in this blog post, please e-mail me specific details so I can attempt to fix it. E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org . The entry deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of OMazing Kids in the event of prolonged entry problems.
- Each “giveaway” is handled separately on OMazing Kids. So there are no rules prohibiting previous winners from entering this or future giveaways. I really do read every entry in every giveaway carefully to insure that the products end up in the best hands to impact kids lives.
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm CST on January 13, 2014.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- One entry per person.
- Only USA & Canada entries are allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via entries may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Only entries with all required information will be valid.
- The winner will be chosen from valid entries on January 14, 2014.
1 winner will receive one Yoga Motion 3 DVD Set (includes 1 copy of each of the three Namaste Kid yoga DVD’s) – Prize Value: $39.99
- The winner will be notified via e-mail, will be posted on the blog post & will be posted on the OMazing Kids Facebook page. The company offering the prize may also post the winner’s name on their website, blog, Facebook page and/or other social media sites at their discretion.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the author and she will be mailing the prizes directly to the winners. After I e-mail the winner’s info to the company, it is their responsibility to mail out prizes. Please contact them first if you are concerned about not receiving a prize. If that does not resolve the problem, then feel free to e-mail me and I will glad to assist in whatever way I can.
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a kids yoga DVD set but here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
Boardmaker Share: http://www.boardmakershare.com/Community/FriendsProfile/10916/Angela-Moorad
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar or any ads or unusual hyperlinks that may appear above. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here. I have attempted to remove the CouponDropDown but no luck so far…. DO NOT click on any hyperlinks unless you hover above them first to insure they are valid. Ones I included should appear in blue font.
Reblogged this on Early Childhood Playtime and commented:
Sports Yoga for Kids!! May be some great ideas in here to implement into a physical ed. program for the little ones…
This giveaway is now closed. Thanks to everyone who participated. Here is the winning entry: Devon Ritchie “Winning this product would inspire me to finally begin teaching my students yoga. I am proud to say we have a incorporated a center circle to our afternoons to calm and center ourselves. (I practice and read much on meditation and mindfulness- and translate it so my inner city students can absorb what we are practicing) A yoga DVD would be a great gift to my students and if it is sitting on my desk every day it will remind me how lucky we are to have received it and therefore we must utilize it! I appreciate your consideration and look forward to hearing from you!”
It is a pity that I live in Australia and aren’t eligible for this contest. If I was going to buy a DVD for use in my classroom what would you recommend. I teach kindergarten in Perth Western Australia which is children who are 4 or turning 4 at the first half of of the calendar year By 30th June. At the moment I do a little mediation with my students but not yoga. Can you please advise me?
Any of the Namaste Kid DVD’s would be fabulous for this age group. The short segments & kid-friendly menu would make it easy to use in a school setting. 🙂
Thanks for that I really like the distraction free background
Pingback: Teacher Contests Ending Jan. 12th-18th |