A wonderful story about how a young girl uses yoga & breathing to work through challenging situations in her day……
Namaste: A Little Yoga Folks Tale is a story about a wise young girl whose day starts before she’s ready to face it. Join her as she journeys through an average school day, overcoming each stressful situation with grace, courage, and creativity by listening to her body and breath. Yoga provides wonderful health benefits to people of all ages. Namaste: A Little Yoga Folks Tale provides an opportunity for families and students to learn more and practice some fun poses together!
- Hardcover: 32 pages
- Publisher: Jungle Wagon Press; 1 edition (June 15, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0983409250
- ISBN-13: 978-0983409250
- Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 8 x 0.4 inches
Here’s what I love about this book:
- A wide range of emotions are expressed (irritated, relaxed, flabbergasted, tired, encouraged, disappointed, happy, bored, scared, confident, etc.) as the girl goes through her day. I love how she works through each situation with yoga poses & breathing.
- Love the message that a child can make choices of how to respond in situations that are not pleasant. The situations depicted are ones that kids are likely to face (not wanting to wake up in the morning, having their hair brushed, sitting for long periods of time in class, the swings or other playground equipment being full at recess, having to wait quietly in line, & dodgeball in PE (I had a flashback to the horrors of this when I saw this page…… I am not athletic and hated PE as a child. I could have definitely used the Warrior II pose & breathing on this page when I was a child!)
- The soft illustrations are hand drawn and have a calming quality.
- On each 2-page spread, the situation is on the left side and the yoga pose with breathing is on the right side.
- The last 10 pages of the book provide more information about the yoga poses, including the benefits, a calming script & modifications for each. (Poses: child’s pose, easy pose, mountain pose, upward facing bow, tree, warrior II, standing forward bend & namaste)
The publisher is in the process of adding a preview of this book to Amazon & their website. They provided these samples to give you a “feel” for the book:
Author’s blog: http://theviewfrommyyogamat.blogspot.com/2013/02/process-passion-repeat.html. Tammie Ciciura is a former Special Education teacher who works at Spectrum Progressive School of Rockford teaching Physical Education & Movement with a strong yoga foundation to Pre Elementary through High School aged students. More about the author: http://www.asanajournal.com/article.php?id=30.
Be sure to “like” the publisher’s Facebook page. According to a post on their FB page on 9/18/13, Jungle Wagon Press- Children’s Book Publisher will donate one autographed copy of “You Are a Twisting Tornado” to a child receiving services from Youth Services Network of Rockford for every “like” on their page on 12/1/13. (See my next post for a review of that book as well as two others that they publish). Publisher is also on Twitter: https://twitter.com/JungleWagon.
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own. Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp.
Easy Entry Form:
USA only entries allowed for this giveaway.
Only entries with all required information will be valid. The info comes to me directly via e-mail & is ONLY used for the purposes of selecting winners and distributing prizes.
- Helpful Info & Tips: Folks had requested a simpler entry option. I tried Rafflecopter but most folks did not enter an address so now I’m trying this online contact form instead. I will be hand selecting winners to insure products end up in the hands of folks who will put them to the best use. Briefly tell me how winning this would help you & the kids. I take the time to read each entry so details count. It doesn’t have to be lengthy…. just heart-felt.
- If you experience any problems with the entry form in this blog post, please e-mail me specific details so I can attempt to fix it. E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org . The entry deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of OMazing Kids in the event of prolonged entry problems.
- Each “giveaway” is handled separately on OMazing Kids. So there are no rules prohibiting previous winners from entering this or future giveaways. I really do read every entry in every giveaway carefully to insure that the products end up in the best hands to impact kids lives.
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm CST on October 31, 2013.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- One entry per person.
- Only USA entries are allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via entries may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Only entries with all required information will be valid.
- The winner will be chosen from valid entries on November 1, 2013.
2 winners will each receive the following prize: 1 copy of the hardcover book Namaste: A Little Yoga Folks Tale
- The winner will be notified via e-mail, will be posted on the blog post & will be posted on the OMazing Kids Facebook page. The company offering the prize may also post the winner’s name on their website, blog, Facebook page and/or other social media sites at their discretion.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the author and she will be mailing the prizes directly to the winners. After I e-mail the winner’s info to the company, it is their responsibility to mail out prizes. Please contact them first if you are concerned about not receiving a prize. If that does not resolve the problem, then feel free to e-mail me and I will glad to assist in whatever way I can.
Prize Value: $10.99 per book
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a kids book but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar or any ads or unusual hyperlinks that may appear above. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here. I have attempted to remove the CouponDropDown but no luck so far…. DO NOT click on any hyperlinks unless you hover above them first to insure they are valid. Ones I included should appear in blue font.