Looking for children’s books that help support positive values & life skills? Check out the new Adventures of Starlight and Sunny book series…..
The Adventures of Starlight and Sunny book series is written to be a learning experience between parents and their children or yoga studio’s and clients, teachers and students. An open and on going discussion based on the values, life lessons and skills presented in the books. I hope you find them to be a fun and valuable read. Come join Starlight and Sunny, a pair of happy, adventurous sisters who go wherever their imagination takes them. Whether under their bed, in their back yard or far from home, these darling girls always follow imagination’s lead. You may find them wriggling into a fancy costume, playing heroes, petting a puppy, or searching for buried treasure. One things for sure; wherever you find Starlight and Sunny, adventure will not be far behind. Come along as we see what adventures the girls will discover today and like Starlight and Sunny, you will find happiness, it is the truest way.
Book one, “The “Princess Path“, How to do good deeds.
Book two, “The Secret Valley“, How to be happy.
Book three, “I am me! Who are you?”, How to pick quality friends and stand up to bullies.
Book Four, “Princesses Don’t Need a Job !” How to be an independent Entrepreneur.
Keep your eye open for the next adventure coming out mid-November, Book 5, “Building a Dream“ How to focus and make your dreams come to life.
I received book one, “The Princess Path” for this review & giveaway…..
- Paperback: 44 pages
- Publisher: Ashley Armstrong; 1 edition (July 5, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0991951778
- ISBN-13: 978-0991951772
- Product Dimensions: 0.1 x 8.4 x 8.4 inches
The preview on Amazon.com didn’t show any interior pages so here are a couple that I scanned to give you a feel for the book:
Here’s what I love about this book:
- Great message of inner beauty, good deeds, respect & the ripple effect of kindness.
- Rhyming text is fun to read.
- Bold font is consistently placed on the left side of each 2-page spread (makes it easier to read in a group setting).
- Cute illustrations.
- The only suggestion for improvement is that while the illustrations depict different ages they are all Caucasian. Diversity in the illustrations would have been nice to correspond with the message about respecting all who live and not to dislike those who are not the same.
For product updates, be sure to “like” the author’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheAdventuresOfStarlightAndSunny , follow her on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ASTArmstrong and check out her website: http://ashleysagetaylorarmstrong.com/s-s-series.html.
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own. Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp.
Easy Entry Form:
USA only entries allowed for this giveaway.
Only entries with all required information will be valid. The info comes to me directly via e-mail & is ONLY used for the purposes of selecting winners and distributing prizes.
- Helpful Info & Tips: Folks had requested a simpler entry option. I tried Rafflecopter but most folks did not enter an address so now I’m trying this online contact form instead. I will be hand selecting winners to insure products end up in the hands of folks who will put them to the best use. Briefly tell me how winning this would help you & the kids. I take the time to read each entry so details count. It doesn’t have to be lengthy…. just heart-felt.
- If you experience any problems with the entry form in this blog post, please e-mail me specific details so I can attempt to fix it. E-mail to: email@example.com . The entry deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of OMazing Kids in the event of prolonged entry problems.
- Each “giveaway” is handled separately on OMazing Kids. So there are no rules prohibiting previous winners from entering this or future giveaways. I really do read every entry in every giveaway carefully to insure that the products end up in the best hands to impact kids lives.
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm CST on October 30, 2013.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- One entry per person.
- Only USA entries are allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via entries may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Only entries with all required information will be valid.
- The winner will be chosen from valid entries on October 31, 2013.
5 winners will each receive the following prize: 1 copy of the paperback version of The Adventures of Starlight and Sunny – The Princess Path
- The winner will be notified via e-mail, will be posted on the blog post & will be posted on the OMazing Kids Facebook page. The company offering the prize may also post the winner’s name on their website, blog, Facebook page and/or other social media sites at their discretion.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the company and they will be mailing the prizes directly to the winners. After I e-mail the winner’s info to the company, it is their responsibility to mail out prizes. Please contact them first if you are concerned about not receiving a prize. If that does not resolve the problem, then feel free to e-mail me and I will glad to assist in whatever way I can.
Prize Value: $9.98 per book
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a kids book but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar or any ads or unusual hyperlinks that may appear above. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here. I have attempted to remove the CouponDropDown but no luck so far…. DO NOT click on any hyperlinks unless you hover above them first to insure they are valid. Ones I included should appear in blue font.