Check out these fabulous products from Yoga Education Resources…..
It was so fun to receive packages all the way from Edna Reinhardt at Yoga Education Resources in Australia. They arrived after several months via “sea mail” (in case you are wondering, postage for companies to ship items internationally is VERY expensive so they often use “sea mail” as a cheaper but slower alternative). Edna is one of the generous souls who donated items in the Planting Seeds blessing project in the spring. It made my heart smile to see that the products she sent to Rossana finally arrived in Mexico after 4 months of traveling.
One of Rossana’s yogis doing Stumpy Tailed Crocodile pose from Creative Yoga Games for Kids – Volume 2
Creative Yoga Games for Kids – Volume 1: 8 sequences, 48 cards. ages 4 and up. I received the digital download & boxed set version to review. The boxed set is made up of 48 numbered yoga postures on 130x130mm (5.125 inch x 5.125 inch) laminated cards and a 28 page booklet. The postures are of varying degrees of difficulty. The booklet includes 14 class plans for teachers and instructions for activities and games. These include memory games, transition games (creating links between postures) and creative movement, encouraging the link to dance in a natural and simple way. The digital download version is a 50 page PDF file (4.5MB). All the pose cards and the general instructions are included. The remainder of the instructional booklet that comes with the boxed set is not currently part of the digital download (the company is working on adding it).
Creative Yoga Games for Kids – Volume 2: 8 sequences, 50 cards. ages 4 and up. I received the digital download & boxed set version to review. The boxed set is made up of 50 numbered yoga postures on 130x130mm (5.125 inch x 5.125 inch) laminated cards and a 28 page booklet. The postures are of varying degrees of difficulty. The volume 2 instructional booklet includes general info about the postures, class theme ideas, including playlist suggestions for each (quiet focus, yoga pictures, positive and negative space, co~operation, traveling) and choreographic challenges. The digital download version is a 52 page PDF file (5.9MB). All the pose cards and the general instructions are included. The remainder of the instructional booklet that comes with the boxed set is not currently part of the digital download (the company is working on adding it).
Creative Yoga for Teenagers – this spiral-bound 112-page 10.25″ x 10.5″ book presents each posture on a separate page before showing how they are combined to create sequences of movement. Instructions for the yoga postures are accompanied by photographs demonstrating correct alignment.
Here is a sample of one of the sequences:
From Yoga To Dance For Kids DVD: In this 53 minute video ten boys and girls from 5 to 12 years old demonstrate a selection of yoga postures that are artfully arranged into 4 comprehensive yoga sequences.
- a warm up yoga sequence
- kaleidoscope (a yoga sequence practiced in a circle)
- traveling (a yoga sequence that can move in space)
- a cool down yoga sequence
Each sequence is demonstrated twice. Once with detailed instructions so that the postures can be practiced accurately and then again with musical accompaniment to inspire the flowing nature of yoga sequences. In all there are 48 postures to learn. An added bonus is the delightful demonstration of how you can use yoga technique as a basis for improvised or choreographed dance.
Here’s what I love about these products:
- The cards are a nice size, have a protective laminated finish & come in a storage box.
- The photographs of the kids are stunning and depict a range of ages of boys & girls from diverse ethnic groups.
- The instructions on the cards & in the book are simple.
- The boxed card sets come with an instructional booklet that is packed full of helpful ideas.
- I can see the benefits of having PDF & boxed set versions of the cards. The PDF version would be great for settings where you want to print posters of the poses or show them on a smartboard in a classroom setting. The boxed sets of cards would be nice in yoga studios, small group settings, individual use at home or as part of a yoga break station in a classroom.
- The spiral-bound book has nice large pages, big pictures and stays open when laid on the floor. I love the ideas for flows of yoga sequences in the book.
- The DVD has a nice variety of poses, explains them in detail and then shows them in a flow set to lovely music. The narrated portion provides a lot of detail that will be helpful for those who may be unfamiliar with kids yoga. This amount of verbal detail may be too much for kids with auditory processing problems, intellectual disabilities or other special needs. In this case, the adult could watch the section to gain understanding and then present it to the child with the sound muted and provide simplified verbal cues. I love the ideas for flow of transitions between poses & that guided relaxation is included.
For product updates, be sure to “join” their group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/293881080695013/ & for more ideas subscribe to their Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/yogaresources/videos
They also sell kids yoga lesson plans on their website: http://yogaeducationresources.com.au/product-category/class-plan-pdfs/. Edna sent me a copy of the two included in the prize package. Love that they include photos of the poses!
See a free lesson plan sample from a giveaway that was recently held on another website:
Edna in front of her new home for Over the Moon Studios in Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia.
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own. Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp.
Easy Entry Form:
International entries allowed for this giveaway.
Only entries with all required information will be valid. The info comes to me directly via e-mail & is ONLY used for the purposes of selecting winners and distributing prizes.
- Helpful Info & Tips: Folks had requested a simpler entry option. I tried Rafflecopter but most folks did not enter an address so now I’m trying this online contact form instead. I will be hand selecting winners to insure products end up in the hands of folks who will put them to the best use. Briefly tell me how winning this would help you & the kids. I take the time to read each entry so details count. It doesn’t have to be lengthy…. just heart-felt.
- If you experience any problems with the entry form in this blog post, please e-mail me specific details so I can attempt to fix it. E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org . The entry deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of OMazing Kids in the event of prolonged entry problems.
- Each “giveaway” is handled separately on OMazing Kids. So there are no rules prohibiting previous winners from entering this or future giveaways. I really do read every entry in every giveaway carefully to insure that the products end up in the best hands to impact kids lives.
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm CST on October 14, 2013.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- One entry per person.
- International entries are allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via entries may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Only entries with all required information will be valid.
- The winner will be chosen from valid entries on October 15, 2013.
1 winner will receive the following prize package:
- 1 PDF download of Creative Yoga Games for Kids – Volume 1 (via e-mail)
- 1 PDF download of Creative Yoga Games for Kids – Volume 2 (via e-mail)
- 1 PDF download of the A Spring Breeze lesson plan (5-page PDF) (via e-mail)
- 1 PDF download of the A Handstand Primer for Early Childhood lesson plan (12 page PDF) (via e-mail)
- 1 copy of the DVD From Yoga to Dance for Kids (via mail)
- The winner will be notified via e-mail, will be posted on the blog post & will be posted on the OMazing Kids Facebook page. The company offering the prize may also post the winner’s name on their website, blog, Facebook page and/or other social media sites at their discretion.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the company and they will be mailing the prizes directly to the winners. Please be patient for shipping of the DVD. As I described above, shipping from Australia can be very slow. Any questions about the prize should be directed to that company. After I e-mail the winner’s info to the company, it is their responsibility to mail out prizes. Please contact them first if you are concerned about not receiving a prize. If that does not resolve the problem, then feel free to e-mail me and I will glad to assist in whatever way I can.
Prize Value: $25.00 DVD, $24.00 for each card set PDF download, $5.00 for each lesson plan PDF download = $83.00 total value
Other Legal Stuff: I know they’re just kids yoga products but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
Boardmaker Share: http://www.boardmakershare.com/Community/FriendsProfile/10916/Angela-Moorad
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar or any ads or unusual hyperlinks that may appear above. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here. I have attempted to remove the CouponDropDown but no luck so far…. DO NOT click on any hyperlinks unless you hover above them first to insure they are valid. Ones I included should appear in blue font.
That is so neat for Joanna! Great success! Gaileee
Hi Gail – Your comment made my heart smile 🙂
This giveaway is now closed. Thanks to everyone who participated! I finally finished reading all 93 entries from folks in 19 different countries & 20 different states within the USA. The largest response so far in a giveaway that I have hosted. It was a tough decision but I selected this one as the winning entry.
Congratulations to Joanna Arnott in England for her winning entry: “I am a primary school teacher and yoga teacher and I am running a free after school yoga club for the children. I have no budget but the class really helps the high number of military families and children with special needs that we have in our school. Our school is situated in a military training ground area in the UK.”
Looks like a brilliant recourse for teaching yoga to children. Would love to get it