What is your favorite storybook for yoga?
Do you have a book that you love to use in your kid’s yoga classes? Or is there a storybook you love because it embodies yogic ideas? Or is there a storybook that teaches yoga through the story itself? Or maybe it is even a book you read to your kids at bedtime that leaves them peaceful and calm. Tell us and you have a chance to win an Amazon gift card and Imaginations book for you AND for the non-profit of your choice!
Angela Moorad at OMazingKidsllc.com and Carolyn Clarke at KidsYoga101.com are co-hosting a poll and “A Way to Give” giveaway to find out the Top 10 Favorite Storybooks for Yoga of the kids yoga community!
Why do we want to know?
- Angela Moorad wants to create a gallery of the top 10 storybooks for yoga on her blog, OMazingKidsllc.com!
- Carolyn Clarke, author of Imaginations: Fun Relaxation Stories and Meditations for Kids, wants to write some new relaxation stories that correspond to storybooks. This poll is a way to find out which stories would be most useful for the kids yoga community!
The winner of the giveaway will receive:
- A copy of Imaginations: Fun Relaxation Stories and Meditations for Kids
- $15 Amazon gift card
- $100 Amazon gift card and Imaginations book sent in their honor to the non-profit of their choice
Here’s how it works:
- Enter the drawing at Rafflecopter by 11:59pm PST June 30, 2013.
- You’ll be asked to share your the name & author of your favorite children’s storybook and why you love it as a kids yoga enthusiast
- You’ll also be asked to nominate a non-profit and share why you are nominating them to receive the $100 Amazon.com gift card.
- There are lots of “bonus” entry options! See the Rafflecopter for details.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- Only USA, UK, and Canada entries are being allowed for this particular giveaway. Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or Bambino Yoga are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via Rafflecopter may be copied & pasted into the blog posts on OMazingKidsllc.com, KidsYoga101.com, ImaginationsForKids.com, or Bambino Yoga.com.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- The winner will be chosen via a drawing of valid entries received by 11:59pm PST June 30th, 2013.
- We’ll tally up the results and announce the winner on July 8, 2013.
- The winner will receive one copy of the book Imaginations: Fun Relaxation Stories and Meditations for Kids and a $15 Amazon.com Gift Card. Their nominated non-profit will receive directly a $100 Amazon.com Gift Card and one copy of the Imaginations book.
- The winners will be notified via e-mail, will be posted on the blog posts & will be posted on the OMazing Kids and ImaginationsForKids/Bambino Yoga Facebook page.
Other Legal Stuff:
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Rafflecopter. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and Bambino Yoga, not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, and Bambino Yoga which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and Bambino Yoga and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
Boardmaker Share: http://www.boardmakershare.com/Community/FriendsProfile/10916/Angela-Moorad
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.
Pingback: Your Vote Needed to Break the Tie in the Storybook for Kids Yoga Poll! | Kids Yoga 101
I can’t wait to hear what the top 10 yoga books are! Mine is an awesome book my teacher wrote that had many interfaith wisdom stories to teach peace and character education and recommended yoga poses/themes with it! The Treasure in Your Heart: Yoga and Stories for Peaceful Children. http://store.storytimeyoga.com/books/treasure-in-the-your-heart-the-physical-book
You ladies are amazing – love it and all that you both do for the kids’ yoga community.
Thanks Lisa! It’s going to be fun to see the book suggestions and I’m super excited about Carolyn doing a book of relaxation stories to go with them 🙂
I teach mostly preschool and children with special needs of all ages and my favorite books are Eric Carl!!
I love Eric Carle books too! Be sure to enter over on Rafflecopter: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/a750c64/