Product Description: Nurture Cards – affirmation cards for children is a box of 40 positive affirmation cards designed with warm colorful drawings that children can relate to and will help them to create their own inner self belief, self love and learn positive self talk. Includes a card with suggestions for using the cards. The company is based in Sydney, Australia.
These cards made my heart smile as soon as I opened them! Here’s what I love about them:
- includes a wide variety of feelings & situations that kids can relate to (forgiveness, thoughtfulness, anger, doing your best, manners, sharing, learning from mistakes, jealousy, truthfulness, being in nature, trying new things, helpfulness, kindness, gratefulness, creativity, having a love for learning, etc…)
- the instruction card has some great suggestions. Roxanne’s passion for fostering loving & caring kids shines through!
- beautiful hand drawn illustrations. The back of the cards has a lovely rainbow illustration.
- nice 4″x6″ size with large bold font that is easy to read
- sturdy storage box
- I am passionate about including affirmations in my work. Often children, especially those with special needs, get the message that something is wrong or needs to be “fixed” in them. It is important that all children know that they are special, important and loved just for “being” and not because of something they “do”.
Here’s a “sneek peek” at four of my favorite cards:
Purchase on their website via Paypal: http://www.nurturecards.com.au/ ($20.00 + shipping will vary based on where you live. Paypal shows the currency converter & then their website shows the international shipping cost. For me the total would have been about $37.00) or on Amazon ($32.00+ $4.99 shipping): http://www.amazon.com/Nurture-Cards-~-Affirmation-Children/dp/B00BP13H1C
Also connect with them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NurtureCards
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own.Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp.
How to enter the giveaway:
- Required Entry Method: Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids – Contests & Giveaways Facebook page (http://a.pgtb.me/plpbTf) & mention why these cards would be helpful to you (details will count in selecting the winners) (comments must be in English; must include full first & last name; must use respectful people-first language, 1 entry per person).
- Bonus Entry Option: Like both the Nurture Cards~ Affirmation cards for children & the OMazing Kids Facebook pages (comment here on this blog post to let me know you did). Facebook fans of both pages are then entitled to the following bonus entry options:
- Invite some friends to “like” the OMazing Kids Facebook page (comment here on this blog post to let me know you did)
- Share this review on Facebook & include a @OMazing Kids to tag my page – (comment here on this blog post to let me know you did)
- Tweet the #kidsyoga #giveaway on Twitter with a @amoorad link – (comment here on this blog post to let me know you did)
- Helpful Info & Tips: I use the “Giveaways” tab because it saves me the step having to obtain your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail. FYI…. I use a free app from Shortstack for that tab and have no control over technical difficulties either on their end or on Facebook. The Facebook tab may not work on a cell phone. If you experience that, try again on a computer. Make sure you are logged in as yourself (not a page) when using the tab. In the event that you experience difficulties with the FB entry tab, please e-mail me specific details so I can attempt to fix it. E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org . The entry deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of OMazing Kids in the event of prolonged entry tab problems
- Examples of “people-first” language are “children with autism” vs. “autistic children”and “children with disabilities” vs. “disabled children” (see more examples at: http://www.inclusionproject.org/nip_userfiles/file/People%20First%20Chart.pdf)
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm CST on April 1, 2013 .
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- International entries are being allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Four (4) winners will be chosen via a drawing of valid entries on April 2, 2013.
- The winner will each receive one (1) set of the Nurture Cards – affirmation cards for children
- The winners will be notified via e-mail, will be posted on the blog post & will be posted on the OMazing Kids Facebook page. The company offering the prize may also post the winner’s name on their website, blog, Facebook page and/or other social media sites at their discretion.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the company and they will be mailing the prizes directly to the winners. Any questions about the prize should be directed to the company.
- Prize Value: ~$37.00 (including shipping cost)
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a set of cards but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.