Product Description: Nurture Cards – affirmation cards for children is a box of 40 positive affirmation cards designed with warm colorful drawings that children can relate to and will help them to create their own inner self belief, self love and learn positive self talk. Includes a card with suggestions for using the cards. The company is based in Sydney, Australia.
These cards made my heart smile as soon as I opened them! Here’s what I love about them:
- includes a wide variety of feelings & situations that kids can relate to (forgiveness, thoughtfulness, anger, doing your best, manners, sharing, learning from mistakes, jealousy, truthfulness, being in nature, trying new things, helpfulness, kindness, gratefulness, creativity, having a love for learning, etc…)
- the instruction card has some great suggestions. Roxanne’s passion for fostering loving & caring kids shines through!
- beautiful hand drawn illustrations. The back of the cards has a lovely rainbow illustration.
- nice 4″x6″ size with large bold font that is easy to read
- sturdy storage box
- I am passionate about including affirmations in my work. Often children, especially those with special needs, get the message that something is wrong or needs to be “fixed” in them. It is important that all children know that they are special, important and loved just for “being” and not because of something they “do”.
Here’s a “sneek peek” at four of my favorite cards:
Purchase on their website via Paypal: http://www.nurturecards.com.au/ ($20.00 + shipping will vary based on where you live. Paypal shows the currency converter & then their website shows the international shipping cost. For me the total would have been about $37.00) or on Amazon ($32.00+ $4.99 shipping): http://www.amazon.com/Nurture-Cards-~-Affirmation-Children/dp/B00BP13H1C
Also connect with them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NurtureCards
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own.Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp.
How to enter the giveaway:
- Required Entry Method: Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids – Contests & Giveaways Facebook page (http://a.pgtb.me/plpbTf) & mention why these cards would be helpful to you (details will count in selecting the winners) (comments must be in English; must include full first & last name; must use respectful people-first language, 1 entry per person).
- Bonus Entry Option: Like both the Nurture Cards~ Affirmation cards for children & the OMazing Kids Facebook pages (comment here on this blog post to let me know you did). Facebook fans of both pages are then entitled to the following bonus entry options:
- Invite some friends to “like” the OMazing Kids Facebook page (comment here on this blog post to let me know you did)
- Share this review on Facebook & include a @OMazing Kids to tag my page – (comment here on this blog post to let me know you did)
- Tweet the #kidsyoga #giveaway on Twitter with a @amoorad link – (comment here on this blog post to let me know you did)
- Helpful Info & Tips: I use the “Giveaways” tab because it saves me the step having to obtain your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail. FYI…. I use a free app from Shortstack for that tab and have no control over technical difficulties either on their end or on Facebook. The Facebook tab may not work on a cell phone. If you experience that, try again on a computer. Make sure you are logged in as yourself (not a page) when using the tab. In the event that you experience difficulties with the FB entry tab, please e-mail me specific details so I can attempt to fix it. E-mail to: email@example.com . The entry deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of OMazing Kids in the event of prolonged entry tab problems
- Examples of “people-first” language are “children with autism” vs. “autistic children”and “children with disabilities” vs. “disabled children” (see more examples at: http://www.inclusionproject.org/nip_userfiles/file/People%20First%20Chart.pdf)
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm CST on April 1, 2013 .
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- International entries are being allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Four (4) winners will be chosen via a drawing of valid entries on April 2, 2013.
- The winner will each receive one (1) set of the Nurture Cards – affirmation cards for children
- The winners will be notified via e-mail, will be posted on the blog post & will be posted on the OMazing Kids Facebook page. The company offering the prize may also post the winner’s name on their website, blog, Facebook page and/or other social media sites at their discretion.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the company and they will be mailing the prizes directly to the winners. Any questions about the prize should be directed to the company.
- Prize Value: ~$37.00 (including shipping cost)
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a set of cards but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.
This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to the 4 Winners: Jacqueline Reasor at Karuna Kids, Rossana Carrasco at Lancaster Schoool in Mexico City, Judie Hurtado at Shakti Yoga & Kym MacNeil at Hugs Plus.Your info will be e-mailed to the company to mail out the prizes. Thanks to everyone who participated! I was pleased to see so many of you use the bonus entry options. Be watching for another fun review & giveaway soon on OMazing Kids 🙂
The winning entries:
* I work to bring mindfulness practice awareness and education to children in underprivileged environments who face a myriad of risk factors in their daily lives. Due to the nature of the community I serve, I do not profit (monetarily) and use my own limited funds for lesson materials. These affirmation cards could definitely bring some light into the fragile souls of the children I work with and further build their resiliency.
* I´m always looking for new material for my Little Yoguis and I´m obsessed with affirmations, especially when they include these two words: I AM… I am so convinced that what follows those two words is what you become… And I want to empower my kids, I want the best for them. I would use the cards with them. I´ve got around 50 students from the ages 3 to 12 at Lancaster School, some of them are special kids with special needs and I love working with them. In the other hand, I was blessed by winning the Jeeva finds courage book, which I loved and my kids did too. A few days ago someone took from my car trunk all my yoga material: my card decks, Jeeva book, teachers´manual, toys, etc. All the things that I´ve been acquiring for the last 3 years… I have to start over again. I´ve been a little sad because of this and Nurture Cards would really be great to restore my optimism. In fact, they just did.
* I teach yoga to children who have suffered trauma. The children now demonstrate severe behavioral and emotional disturbances. I know the children would love these beautiful cards. They need as much positivity in their lives as possible since they have been through so much at such a young age. I also teach kids yoga at a yoga studio, in preschools and in elementary schools. I know kids of all ages and backgrounds would benefit from these beautiful, inspiring cards. I would be honored to share them with all the children that I teach.
* I have always believed that positive affirmations are essential to young children. If they learn at a young age to believe in themselves and have a positive attitude they can do anything. I have been using positive affirmations with my preschool yoga class and I have found they empower the children. Throughout different parts of the day the children can be heard in the classroom repeating the affirmation of the day. Quite a few parents have commented that their children can’t wait to share the affirmation of the with them when they get home. I would love to add these cards to introduce new affirmations with my preschool class.
The other entries:
* I teach kids yoga at a local studio and also at my daughter’s school. Having visual props always makes class more interesting and kids get more excited and involved. I LOVE using affirmations and mantra as the kids really resonate with them and the thought of planting the seeds at an early age of positive affirmations vs. the negative self talk that can be so intense as pre teens and teens (and throughout adulthood) is truly Omazing! Imagining the difference it could make to start at such a young age is what makes me love teaching kids yoga and mindfulness. Thank you for offering this valuable tool.
* Allow to share positive affirmations to children in a colorful beautiful format. Use them with my child and in the yoga kids classes that I teach. Thank you.
* I am a newly certified yoga instructor (RYT in Oct. 2012). Hoping to start incorporating kids yoga in my daughter’s school and offering in the small community where we live.
* I am teaching yoga to children and recently started to volunteer my teaching time in the inner city to kids who otherwise would never have an opportunity to take a yoga class. These children also lack self esteem, guidance and goals. These cards would help in teaching the concepts of yoga to these children.
* I am a registered yoga teacher and volunteer teaching yoga classes at local elementary schools where art, music, and physical education have been cut because of budget problems. It makes my heart smile when I see all of the little faces light up when I roll all of my yoga mats onto campus. I have no budget to purchase any materials for these classes, and am always so grateful for the opportunity to win stuff to use with these amazing kids! I love introducing kids to affirmations in the time we have together. These cards would be a tremendous tool for helping the kids realize the power of positive thinking. I believe all kids should be empowered with positivity and self esteem. I love the beautiful , kid friendly words and illustrations. I am so grateful to be able to introduce kids to the power of positive thoughts, movements, and actions.
* I’m a special education teacher and would love to use these in my classroom for kids who don’t have a great home life just to brighten up their day
* I think they would be a wonderful addition to our household. My daughter would really benefit from these wonderful affirmation cards as they would become a daily practice we could do together. She suffers from anxiety and I firmly believe that these will help rewire a few of the negative thoughts she currently has. I would love to incorporate them into our nightly reading as well so she can feel calm and relaxed going to sleep each night.
* Would be great to use in my kids yoga classes!
One additional entry was received but was invalid due to no mailing address being entered:
In my present day I work for Doctors without Borders as a Reproductive & Sexual health advisor and part of my job is assist victims of violence (any age and sex). Outside of work, I already teach once a week to a class of gorgeous 4 to 6 yr olds. and plan to do a family yoga training this summer. However in June, I have been asked by the Azahar foundation toteach a yoga session for a group of children who have either been sexually abused and/or victims of violence….As part of the healing process, I have read you can use affirmation exercises and read these to the children to find their inner child when he or she is in need of support. I have read by using affirmation exercises is crucial to the avoidance of people pleasing later in life…over time the child can slowly, decide what values and truths have importance. Using the affirmations cards will help me to guide the children to remind them to tell their inner child how happy they are to have him or her back in their life! and I am hoping so much more. I was planning to make my own cards for my classes….but its just finding the time. My long term goal is to incorporate my current job with my passion for yoga, I have seen so much suffering in the world and yoga has helped me so much to continue working in the organisation, but I would like to be able to give more back… Step by step, I will try to find more to time to work with this organisation which work with helping combat, prevent and heal victims of human trafficking. These beautiful cards will be most grateful for my present and future journey and I will also learn during the teaching process….thank you for the offer
I have liked both pages!
I have liked both pages for sometime now and I have just shared this blog post on my personal facebook page.
Have shared this giveaway, already a liker of the page 🙂 goodluck to everyone these cards will no doubt brighten someone’s day
“Liked” both pages, shared on my facebook pages, and entered via FB! Thanks for the contest opportunity 🙂
Liked both pages with both of my FB and Green Ray Yoga! Shared on my pages =)
Hello! I have Liked both pages (I Liked your page ages ago) and I also tweeted about this contest. I also Shared the contest and your FB page to everyone in my FB list. I think I have done everything possible 🙂 Thank you for offering this contest and for bringing to our attention these great product and servies so we can best serve our kids.
Hello, I have shared,liked,pinned and tweeted about your beautiful nurturing cards.
Hello, I have shared,liked,tweeted and pinned about your beautiful nurturing cards. Namaste
Hello!!! I asked my friends to like your page, which I adore, and liked, pinned and twitted about the Nurture Cards. =)
I asked on my facebook page to have people come *like* the OMazing Kids facebook page.
Hey Yoga Across America, Global Family Yoga, BlissKids – A Children’s Yoga and Music Company, 123 kids yoga…..go and like OMazing Kids facebook site. Great resources for teaching kids yoga! ❤ YogaKiddos with Gaileee
Review added on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/RALTXOM0YDECJ/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00BP13H1C&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=