Want to help kids understand that they are remarkable & powerful individuals? Kathryn the Grape books & music encourage kids to shine who they uniquely are and dwell joyfully in their own magnificence.
Through the award winning books & music of Kathryn the Grape, children learn important self-esteem building life lessons that affect change on their core level and inspire them to ripple loving kindness and compassion into the world.
Just Like Magic: This book helps children learn about:
• Being fearless, courageous, and adventurous in trying new things.
• Accountability in doing the right thing and helping others.
• Discovering their own inner magic and using it for doing good things.
• Being friendly to someone who is lonely, and being open to making new friends.
Colorful Adventure: This book helps children learn about:
• What it feels like to trust themselves and their intuition.
• Respecting themselves by using their words to say how they feel.
• The colors and symbols associated with their chakras so they can shine in their uniqueness.
• How negative thoughts make everything gloomy, but loving thoughts make everything beautiful.
Piece of Love: This book helps children learn about:
• Contributing their piece to creating peace.
• How their thoughts, words, and actions have a ripple effect.
• Being loving, kind, and accepting of themselves and others.
• Removing worried thoughts to be in the flow.
Here’s what I love about the books:
- The books build on themselves so you get to see how Kathryn the Grape learns skills & becomes more empowered.
- Each book includes practical strategies kids could use when facing real life situations (handling feeling nervous or worried, paying attention to who might need help around you, being a friend, being fearless, trying new things, being helpful, the ripple effect of kindness, etc…)
- Love that affirmation & empowerment are the theme throughout the series of books.
Free printable coloring & activity pages to go with the books on their website!
Each song links to the first three books in the Kathryn the Grape Affirmation Series:
• In KTG Just Like Magic, you learn about being MAGICAL, and how to get rid of NERVOUS BUBBLES.
• In KTG’s Colorful Adventure, you learn how to shine COLORFUL YOU as MAGGIE leads the way.
• In KTG’s Piece of Love, you learn to BELIEVE that we are all love, and how to be IN THE FLOW.
• Everyone will enjoy dancing along to our KTG theme song titled, THE FRIENDSHIP SONG!
Here’s what I loved about the music:
- The songs tie into each of the 3 books so they will be a great way to engage multiple senses in learning!
- Love the unique lyrics & tunes…. so much fun!
- Imagine the power of kids listening to tunes that will inspire greatness 🙂
The products are available for purchase on Amazon (hardcover & Kindle versions of the books) & their website.
Find out more about the story behind Kathryn the Grape and her heart for giving back through the Kathryn the Grape Fund.
Special Discount Offer: Get 20% off their books & music with the coupon code KINDNESS when shopping via their website store: http://www.kathrynthegrape.com/index.php/store
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of these products to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own. Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp.
How to enter the giveaway:
- Required Entry Method: Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids – Contests & Giveaways Facebook page (http://a.pgtb.me/plpbTf) & mention how you will be using the books & CD (be specific, details will count in picking the grand prize winner) (comments must be in English; must include full first & last name; must use respectful people-first language, 1 entry per person).
- Bonus Entry Options: Like both the Kathryn the Grape & the OMazing Kids Facebook page (comment here on this blog post to let me know you did). Facebook fans of both pages are entitled to the following bonus entry options:
- Share this review on Facebook & include a @OMazing Kids to tag my page – limit 1/day
- Tweet the #kidsyoga #giveaway on Twitter with @amoorad & @KathrynTheGrape links – limit 1/day
- Repin this pin on Pinterest – limit 1
- Helpful Info & Tips: I use the “Giveaways” tab because it saves me the step having to obtain your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail. FYI…. I use a free app from Shortstack for that tab and have no control over technical difficulties either on their end or on Facebook. The Facebook tab may not work on a cell phone. If you experience that, try again on a computer. In the event that you experience difficulties with the FB entry tab, please e-mail me specific details so I can attempt to fix it. E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org . The entry deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of OMazing Kids in the event of prolonged entry tab problems
- Examples of “people-first” language are “children with autism” vs. “autistic children”and “children with disabilities” vs. “disabled children” (see more examples at: http://www.inclusionproject.org/nip_userfiles/file/People%20First%20Chart.pdf)
Entry Deadline: All entries & bonus entries must received by 11:59pm CST on March 8, 2013.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- Only USA entries are being allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook will be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of valid entries received.
- Three (3) winners will be chosen via a drawing of valid entries on March 9, 2013.
- One (1) winner will receive a “Grand Prize Package” of all 3 books + CD. To insure that the prize goes to the place where it will have the biggest impact on helping kids, I will be reviewing the details in each entry and hand-selecting the grand prize winner.
- Two (2) additional winners will be chosen via a random drawing out of the remaining valid entries and will receive one copy of the book or CD that they chose via their FB tab entry.
- The winners will be notified via e-mail, will be posted on the blog post & will be posted on the OMazing Kids Facebook page. The company offering the prize may also post the winner’s name on their website, blog, Facebook page and/or other social media sites at their discretion.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the company and they will be mailing the prizes directly to the winners. Any questions about the prizes should be directed to the company.
- Grand Prize Value: $65.97; book-only prize value: $16.99 ; CD-only prize value: $15.00
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a book & CD but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.
This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to the winning entries! Your info has been e-mailed to the company to mail out the prizes. Thanks to eveyone who participated. Wish we could send a prize to each of you to support you in the work you do with kids 🙂
Grand Prize winning entry (all 3 books + CD): My name is Lisa Haverly, wife, mom, and Occupational Therapist. I recently started a business called Rainbow Tree Therapies – Therapeutic Enrichment in Nature! I am hosting summer camps this summer for kids ages 3-14 in Hudson, Wisconsin. Each camp has a different focus from motor and speech development, to self regulation as well as supporting self esteem. The camps are open to all kids but do have a special focus for kids who may be struggling in their development and need a boost in a fun stress free environment. Many of the kids that will be attending are children with Autism, Aspergers, ADHD, ADD, low self esteem, and motor and speech delays. One part of each camp will be storytelling and music time. I have been searching for stories and books that would be the perfect fit for my camps. I just today came across your facebook page and am so excited for what you have produced! I think they would be so beneficial for the students I will be servicing. My camps support connection to each other and to nature! Your books and CD’s would be so incredibly helpful in my mission to support kids. Please feel free to review my website to gain further information on my passion of supporting kids who have exceptional abilities! http://www.rainbowtreetherapies.wordpress.com and I can also be followed on facebook. Thank you for considering Rainbow Tree Therapies as a recipient of your books and CD.
Two winners of 1 item of choice:
* Joanna O’Neal: I am a registered yoga teacher and volunteer teaching yoga in the local elementary schools. I would use the books and cd to create a special class for my students. I love creating a class centered around a book and positive theme, so the kids are not only moving and excersizing their bodies but are also learning important concepts to empower them to be their best and become outstanding citizens of the world. I love seeing them learn and absorb during yoga where they are more free to express themselves than they are inside of the classroom. Thanks! (chose Kathryn the Grape’s Piece of Love – book; she used the bonus entry option)
* Karen Beagles: I teach yoga to both kids and teens. I love to use books as the theme for my classes and it’s amazing how the imagination flows with just a little prodding and a good book! Would love to use these creating different themes ideas. (chose Kathryn the Grape’s Colorful Adventure – book; she used the bonus entry option)
* I teach children’s yoga in my community through my business, Lotus Kids Yoga. I am just starting out and think these books would be a great addition to my classes. I think using stories and books are a great way to engage children through their practice! I really like that these are a set of coloring pages, songs, and stories! What more could you need! Thank you for offering this and sharing the great resource!
* I would incorporate them in my kids meditation and yoga classes that I am going to start in April. I have just finished courses on both and am excited to get this going. I feel like kids these days really need this to teach them to be balanced…they have so much more going on than we did when we were children…I have always been drawn to helping kids and love that I am going to be able to help them more with teaching them.
* Thanks so much for this opportunity! We would love to include these books into some of our preschool work. I think it’s important to teach from a young age that we are important and loved. I also think it’s important for my 3 year old to know how much I believe in him so that he is able to believe in himself.
Be watching for another fun review & giveaway soon on OMazing Kids 🙂
Added reviews on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2ZIK360B0O8RI/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=0982927703&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=, http://www.amazon.com/review/R2WI1BIEV9L2GY/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=0982927711&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=, http://www.amazon.com/review/R1K9HZ8B2WBMEC/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=098292772X&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag= & http://www.amazon.com/review/R26HBQJAML7QOY/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm
I liked the two pages! Thanks so much!
Congratulations! You were wise to use the bonus entry option. You won a book. Check your e-mail 🙂
I liked the two pages on FB and will share the contest on my page!! Also entering via the giveaways tab! These book look like such a good tool to use to help empower kids and I would be so grateful and happy to incorporate these into my kids yoga classes at local schools!
Congratulations! You were wise to use the bonus entry option. You won a book. Check your e-mail 🙂