Product Details: Jeeva Finds Courage is the first book in a 13-book series of interactive Read and Learn Yoga storybooks teaching children yoga principles and the physical practice of yoga. The books feature a little boy named Jeeva, his mentor Guru, and a host of friends that include special animals who accompany Jeeva on his many adventures. Based on the yoga sutras and issues confronting today’s youth, Jeeva takes you on a path of compassion, discovery and self-reflection while meeting new and exciting animals along the way. There are a series of postures in each book, with a reference guide that is easy to read and learn. The postures are fun. Children and adults alike can spend time together making Jeeva and his friends come to life through physical movement.
- Paperback: 50 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (July 30, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 146819917X
- ISBN-13: 978-1468199178
- Product Dimensions: 0.1 x 6.9 x 9.8 inches
List Price: $14.95
Where to Purchase: Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Jeeva-Finds-Courage-Volume-1/dp/146819917X
Here’s what I love about this book:
- Each 2-page spread has a full-page colorful illustration on the left. The right side has short text in a large easy-to-read font plus an illustration of the yoga pose.
- Poses in the book: mountain, sun salutation (simplified to a Warrior I pose), cat, downward facing dog, lizard, monkey, tree, eagle, giraffe, river, fish, lotus, savasana.
- Includes a brief relaxation script for savasana.
- A 14-page section at the end of the book provides another illustration of each pose & detailed but easy-to-understand instructions for that pose.
- Love that the names for characters were thoughtfully chosen & meanings given (ex: Jeeva = one true self, Veera = courageous one)
- Wonderful messages of friendship, compassion, commitment & taking care of others!
They are on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ReadAndLearnYoga, Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/readandlearnyog/ & Twitter: https://twitter.com/ReadandLearnYog
Websites: http://readandlearnyoga.com & http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/255910469/jeeva-the-bully-0
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own. Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp.
How to enter the giveaway:
- Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids – Contests & Giveaways Facebook page (http://a.pgtb.me/plpbTf) & mention how you would be using this book. (comments must be in English; must include full first & last name; must use respectful people-first language, 1 entry per Facebook account).
- For one additional entry, leave a comment on this blog post. Must mention how you would be using this book. If you only enter via blog post comment, you must also send me an e-mail with your mailing address (send to email@example.com). You will not need to do this if you also entered via the Enter Contests Here…. tab on Facebook since your address will be provided on that entry (comments must be in English; 1 entry per person; must use respectful people-first language, must have a valid e-mail address)
- Helpful Info & Tips: You increase your odds of winning by entering via both methods. Entering via the “Giveaways” tab will save you the step of e-mailing me your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail. FYI…. I use a free app from Shortstack for that tab and have no control over technical difficulties either on their end or on Facebook. In the event that you experience difficulties with the tab you can submit an entry via e-mail providing your full name, e-mail address, mailing address, how you would be using the book. E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately Facebook rules prohibit me from accepting entries directly from posts or comments on Facebook.
- Examples of “people-first” language are “children with autism” vs. “autistic children”and “children with disabilities” vs. “disabled children” (see more examples at: http://www.inclusionproject.org/nip_userfiles/file/People%20First%20Chart.pdf)
Entry Deadline: Enter by any of the methods listed above by 11:59pm CST on February 4, 2013.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- International entries are being allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook or e-mail may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Five (5) winners will be chosen via a random drawing of valid entries on February 5, 2013.
- The winners will each receive one (1) copy of the book.
- The winner will be notified via e-mail and will be posted on the blog post.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the company and they will be mailing the prize directly to the winner.
- Prize Value: $14.95
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a book but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.
Pingback: Book Review & Giveaway: Jeeva and the River – Read and Learn Yoga | OMazing Kids
Pingback: A story of Gratitude, Loss & Blessing in the Kids Yoga Community | OMazing Kids
This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to the 5 winners: Rossana Carrasco, Laurea Palmantier, Angie Continisio, Lucia Magnoli & Jeanie Laterra. Your info has been e-mailed to the company to mail the prize to you.
Thanks to everyone who participated! It’s always heartwarming to read the entries 🙂 Be watching for another fun review & giveaway on OMazing Kids soon!
Here are the entries received via the Facebook tab & e-mail:
I’m a Kids Yoga Teacher at Lancaster School in Mexico City. I work with 40 students from the ages 3 to 11, including a few kids with disabilities. This is one of the few schools with an inclusion program in the City. Kids Yoga is very new in Mexico and I’m always looking for new materials from other countries, because they are almost nonexistent here. My classes are very focused to work with values, so I’d loooove to share “Jeeva finds courage” with my students. The book looks beautiful and inspiring. Thank you.
I would love to have a book that would share all the heart opening wisdom of the Sutras with our little ones! Thank you once again for shining your light on yet another fabulous find!
I am back in school obtaining my College Degree in Early Childhood Education. I am presently taking 2 classes – 1 entitled Literature in Childhood and another entitled Music & Movement. I would use this book for an end of year Assignment where I need to use a story book to create a Literature and Music assignment. It would be fun to use this story as it will be different and would also give the other students a taste of yoga in order that it may peek an interest in yoga and therefore spread its importance in the classroom!
I would utilize the book with my students in school and incorporate the important message of friendship and community while teaching the poses highlighted.
I can utilize the book in my yoga classes by incorporating a family yoga night and utilizing the book during g the practice. Thank you.
I would use this book to help educate children about the beauty of yoga. I am currently studying to be a yoga teacher for preschoolers, ages 3-6 years old. I absolutely LOVE being with children, and helping them learn about the light that shines within them. Yoga is also a passion of mine. Sharing my knowledge with all children is my purpose in life. Yoga helps our mind, body, and spirit. I would like children to utilize what I teach them from this book in their own lives. Even encourage them to share what they learn with their families and friends. If I reach just one child, and inspire them, or boost their self-esteem, I will have made a difference in the world. Namaste.
I will be using this book in connection to my weekly yoga classes with children with
Sunday nights at my new studio have organically become ˜family yoga night”. The things the kids say (every time I inhale, I think a strong word like brave or calm or courage, and every time I exhale, I imagine I’m exhaling bubbles with angry faces or hey handstands are kinda fun or, after naming a bunch of poses to end class and cuddling next to mom during savasana: This is I love you pose.) and the response of parents tells me I’ve got to keep offering this. But I do NOT consider myself a kids yoga teacher: that’s just not my gift. I can do it, but it is seriously draining to me, and I need all the tools I can get. Thanks!
I am always looking for new ways to inspire and bring new yoga principles into my
children’s yoga classes. This looks like a perfect match.
I love the premise of this book and i would use it definitely in my yoga class! I teach
kids 4 – 12 and teens 12 and up! This would be wonderful for either class, actually both!
I would use Jeeva Finds Courage to teach preschoolers, ages 3-6 years old, about the beautiful light that shines inside them. I am currently studying to be a yoga kids
teacher. I have a passion for teaching children and practicing yoga. This book would be a wonderful way to encourage all children that they can do anything if they believe in themselves. Jeeva’s example of compassion for animals is a fabulous way to reach learners. The yoga poses of the animals are a fun way to get children excited about learning how to practice yoga. I want to share what is in my heart with them, and encourage them to share what they learn from Jeeva with others. Every child is unique and has their own gifts to share. Jeeva and yoga can help build their confidence and self-esteem to share these gifts. I believe utilizing this story in yoga instruction for kids would benefit all types of learners. Namaste.
I will share the book with students in my role as School Social Worker & Mama!
Jeeva finds courage will help my two kids to take an imaginative trip with Jeeva and his friends. Will help them both learn about teamwork, wisdom, compassion and how helpful is the yoga for their health. Because the book will capture their attention thru color full pages and a story about Jeeva adventure they will enjoy reading, practicing yoga as well expand their imaginations into a new word of yoga and real life social skills that they can treasure and put in practice thru their life’s.
I am longing to start teaching yoga/meditation to kids/students here in Australia. I
feel it deep inside, and just need to figure out the steps/information to get there. This
book seems like it would be a great tool.
I will use the book in my role as a School Social Worker who is teaching Mindfulness,
including intentional body movement (secular yoga) to elementary students.
Hi, I´m a Kids Yoga Teacher in a School in Mexico City. I work with around 40 students from the ages 3 to 11, including a few kids with disabilities. I´m always looking for new materials from other countries because it´s not easy to find them here. My classes are very focused in values and I´d looove to share this inspiring book with the kids.
OOO! A children’s book based on the Yoga Sutras is very exciting to me. I am reading about the Sutras myself right now and the message is so meaningful and heartfelt something that would truly benefit our children today. I would love to share this with my kiddos. Thank you for sharing this!
Hi Laurea – Please also either enter via the Facebook tab: http://a.pgtb.me/plpbTf or by e-mailing me the info described above 🙂
Review added on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2T9S9RVCSI77Z/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=146819917X&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=