Product Details: Jeeva Finds Courage is the first book in a 13-book series of interactive Read and Learn Yoga storybooks teaching children yoga principles and the physical practice of yoga. The books feature a little boy named Jeeva, his mentor Guru, and a host of friends that include special animals who accompany Jeeva on his many adventures. Based on the yoga sutras and issues confronting today’s youth, Jeeva takes you on a path of compassion, discovery and self-reflection while meeting new and exciting animals along the way. There are a series of postures in each book, with a reference guide that is easy to read and learn. The postures are fun. Children and adults alike can spend time together making Jeeva and his friends come to life through physical movement.
- Paperback: 50 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (July 30, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 146819917X
- ISBN-13: 978-1468199178
- Product Dimensions: 0.1 x 6.9 x 9.8 inches
List Price: $14.95
Where to Purchase: Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Jeeva-Finds-Courage-Volume-1/dp/146819917X
Here’s what I love about this book:
- Each 2-page spread has a full-page colorful illustration on the left. The right side has short text in a large easy-to-read font plus an illustration of the yoga pose.
- Poses in the book: mountain, sun salutation (simplified to a Warrior I pose), cat, downward facing dog, lizard, monkey, tree, eagle, giraffe, river, fish, lotus, savasana.
- Includes a brief relaxation script for savasana.
- A 14-page section at the end of the book provides another illustration of each pose & detailed but easy-to-understand instructions for that pose.
- Love that the names for characters were thoughtfully chosen & meanings given (ex: Jeeva = one true self, Veera = courageous one)
- Wonderful messages of friendship, compassion, commitment & taking care of others!
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own. Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp.
How to enter the giveaway:
- Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids – Contests & Giveaways Facebook page (http://a.pgtb.me/plpbTf) & mention how you would be using this book. (comments must be in English; must include full first & last name; must use respectful people-first language, 1 entry per Facebook account).
- For one additional entry, leave a comment on this blog post. Must mention how you would be using this book. If you only enter via blog post comment, you must also send me an e-mail with your mailing address (send to firstname.lastname@example.org). You will not need to do this if you also entered via the Enter Contests Here…. tab on Facebook since your address will be provided on that entry (comments must be in English; 1 entry per person; must use respectful people-first language, must have a valid e-mail address)
- Helpful Info & Tips: You increase your odds of winning by entering via both methods. Entering via the “Giveaways” tab will save you the step of e-mailing me your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail. FYI…. I use a free app from Shortstack for that tab and have no control over technical difficulties either on their end or on Facebook. In the event that you experience difficulties with the tab you can submit an entry via e-mail providing your full name, e-mail address, mailing address, how you would be using the book. E-mail to: email@example.com. Unfortunately Facebook rules prohibit me from accepting entries directly from posts or comments on Facebook.
- Examples of “people-first” language are “children with autism” vs. “autistic children”and “children with disabilities” vs. “disabled children” (see more examples at: http://www.inclusionproject.org/nip_userfiles/file/People%20First%20Chart.pdf)
Entry Deadline: Enter by any of the methods listed above by 11:59pm CST on February 4, 2013.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- International entries are being allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook or e-mail may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Five (5) winners will be chosen via a random drawing of valid entries on February 5, 2013.
- The winners will each receive one (1) copy of the book.
- The winner will be notified via e-mail and will be posted on the blog post.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the company and they will be mailing the prize directly to the winner.
- Prize Value: $14.95
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a book but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.