Sing Song Yoga DVD
Sing Song Yoga is a kid’s yoga program that uses original children’s songs, sung to familiar tunes, to teach the poses. Each pose has a song in which the lyrics instruct the children how to get into the pose. Singing the instructions in a simple rhyming song makes everything easy to follow and remember.
You can choose to “Play All Poses” from the menu or can play one section at a time by choosing: “Standing Poses,” “Sitting Poses,” or “Floor Poses”. Whichever program your child uses he or she will begin with the welcome song and end with a yoga relaxation.
(Ages 3 & up; DVD Running Time: 44 minutes; Language: English)
Your Child’s Brain on Sing Song Yoga: Educational researchers are finding a link between music and movement, and success in school. One researcher, Shirley Handy discusses the 3 M’s: music, movement and merriment. The 3 M’s naturally increase the positive neurotransmitters and peptides in the brain, which are associated with memory, with new learning, and with the ability to pay attention. When the 3 M’s are combined in one activity it is especially brain-friendly which gives children a head start to learning. Sing Song Yoga™ specifically incorporates the 3 M’s.
Charity: Each year Sing Song Yoga chooses a different charity to which they donate 10% of the proceeds from their online sales. See info about the 2012 charity: http://www.singsongyoga.com/2012-charity-of-the-year/
Eco-Friendly Packaging: Packaged without plastic. The recycled board with a UV coating protects your DVD and at the same time is beautifully designed. Best of all packaging without plastic makes it lighter, saving you on shipping, and has a low environmental impact.
What I LOVE about this DVD:
- The Sing Song Yoga kids are included in the entire DVD, including introduction section. Kids love to learn from other kids 🙂
- The tunes are fun, really do stick in your head and will be a great multi-sensory way for kids to learn yoga.
- By having the DVD divided into sections (standing poses, sitting poses & floor poses), it will be easy to chose the section that best fits the environment you are in and the kids you are working with.
- More challenging poses include a symbol & verbal cue that the child will need the assistance of an adult for that pose.
- LOVE the instruction “There are different ways you can do this pose. Choose the way that works best for you.” along with demonstration of kids doing modifications of poses.
- Great that it includes Savasana relaxation.
A preview clip from the DVD:
Price at the time of this post: $19.95
Available for purchase: http://www.singsongyoga.com/childrens-yoga-dvd/
(FYI: They also have “Using Sing Song Yoga™ in the Classroom: A program that Builds Confidence, Self-Discipline, and Healthy, Stress-Free Attitudes.”. I have not seen that version so I can’t comment on it but info is available on their website: http://www.singsongyoga.com/school-program/)
Check out the Sing Song Yoga website & “like”/”follow” their social media pages for more info about kids yoga:
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own.
How to enter the giveaway:
- Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids – Contests & Giveaways Facebook page (http://a.pgtb.me/plpbTf) & mention how you would be using this DVD. (comments must be in English; must include full first & last name; 1 entry per Facebook account).
- For one additional entry, leave a comment on this blog post. Must mention how you would be using this DVD. If you only enter via blog post comment, you must also send me an e-mail with your mailing address (send to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will not need to do this if you also entered via the Enter Contests Here…. tab on Facebook since your address will be provided on that entry (comments must be in English; 1 entry per person; must have a valid e-mail address)
- Helpful Info & Tips: You increase your odds of winning by entering via both methods. Entering via the “Giveaways” tab will save you the step of e-mailing me your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail. FYI…. I use a free app from Shortstack for that tab and have no control over technical difficulties either on their end or on Facebook. In the event that you experience difficulties with the tab you can submit an entry via e-mail providing your full name, e-mail address, mailing address, how you would be using the book. E-mail to: email@example.com. Unfortunately Facebook rules prohibit me from accepting entries directly from posts or comments on Facebook.
Entry Deadline: Enter by any of the methods listed above by 11:59pm CST on September 28, 2012.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- International entries are being allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via the Enter Contests Here…. tab on Facebook or e-mail may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Two (2) winners (1 USA & 1 outside USA) will be chosen via a random drawing of valid entries on September 29, 2012. In the event that no valid international entries are recieved, two winners within the USA will be chosen.
- Each winner will receive one (1) copy of the DVD.
- The winners will be notified via e-mail and will be posted on the blog post.
- Each winner’s address will be forwarded to the publishing company and they will be mailing the prize directly to the winner.
- Prize Value: $19.95
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a kids yoga DVD but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the wavy divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.